• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Reviews

Monster Hunter Stories 2 - 6
Mario Golf - 4
Edge of Eternity - 5
Griftlands - 8
Scarlet Nexus - 7
Backbone - 7
Umarangi Generation - 7
Minute of Islands - 6
Strangeland - 6
Ynglet - 8

Collected Works - Glen Schofield

Studio Profile - Playtonic

Time Extend - Assassin's Creed

The Making of... Heaven's Vault

Time Extend - Spiritfarer

Main articles is about Naraka Bladepoint and E3 for Xbox, Switch, Playstation and PC

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I hoped for better reviews for Edge of Eternity. I wonder what they said about it.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised at the golf score. edge normally sync up pretty well with metro gamecentral, who gave it an 8 & called it the best mario golf game since the 64 one. Will have to read the review.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Absoltuley buying this issue for the Making of Heaven's Vault feature.

Fascinated in that!

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I had never heard about Griftlands before. I just looked it up, and it looks good.

ss_e008b3d7e81277001de6ffec22acf75430d18772.1920x1080.jpg

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
That's quite the solid Scarlet Nexus Scores. Stories 2 seems a bit harsh but i can see why Edge would give it that score.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Reviews

Monster Hunter Stories 2 - 6
Mario Golf - 4
Edge of Eternity - 5
Griftlands - 8
Scarlet Nexus - 7
Backbone - 7
Umarangi Generation - 7
Minute of Islands - 6
Strangeland - 6
Ynglet - 8

Collected Works - Glen Schofield

Studio Profile - Playtonic

Time Extend - Assassin's Creed

The Making of... Heaven's Vault

Time Extend - Spiritfarer

Main articles is about Naraka Bladepoint and E3 for Xbox, Switch, Playstation and PC
Can I ask what's your source for getting this info on the Edge issue? Is it possible to get review blurbs with the scores? Thank you.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
I wasn't expecting great scores for Mario Golf from Edge as they were a touch lukewarm on Mario Tennis a couple of years back (and from what I've read the structure of both is similar) but I wasn't quite expecting a 4. I thought the multiplayer modes might have bolstered it up in that regard, would be interested to see that they said about it.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised there's even a review of Mario Golf, Chris Schilling was pretty down on it at release and I had assumed it would be skipped.

Can I ask what's your source for getting this info on the Edge issue? Is it possible to get review blurbs with the scores? Thank you.

Probably an early subs copy on rllmuk, wouldn't expect any text yet.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Mario Hold gets what it deserves. Mario sports titles have been abysmal for a long time now.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting that they've done a time extend for Spiritfarer cos I seem to recall them not really liking the game

Jetsun Mila

Apr 7, 2021
Edge of Eternity doesn't surprise me. A work where they put a lot of love in but way too overambitious for such a small and rather inexperienced team.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Mymagazine is saying they'll deliver the issue in the mail on 15th July.

I wonder how people get access to the Edge issue days before and why don't they ever grab some of the text from the reviews but just grab the review scores out of context.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder that Edge is on readly in the UK, and there's a free trial for the app if you haven't used it before. This issue isn't available yet but will probably be out by end of week.

Also, there's a new issue of Zzap64.

Or maybe I'm having a stroke.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Edge of Eternity doesn't surprise me. It's a budget game that hopefully will make for a great sequel.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Griftlands looks interesting but not sure if I want to buy another game where it's about using cards to attack the enemies in turn based. I feel like I bought a few of these games recently because they were roguelike type games but wasn 't really interested because they were not as action packed.