• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shawn6661

Oct 27, 2017
edge383enfez.jpg

Digital Edition Available Here -

FEATURES
Everything Everywhere All At Once
Leslie Benzies and his Build A Rocket Boy cohorts outline their sprawling vision for Everywhere.

Redemption Song
How Piccolo Studio is plotting to tackle a story about ecological disaster and repair in After Us.

An Audience With…
Goichi Suda flies in for a chat as Grasshopper Manufacture celebrates its 25th anniversary.

The Making Of…
How a pair of musicians – and a string of rock stars – powered the rhythmic riffs of Metal: Hellsinger.

Studio Profile
From Ratatouille to vermin of an altogether deadlier kind: the unlikely journey of Asobo Studio.

Time Extend
Why rarely discussed Dishonored expansion The Knife Of Dunwall is a riveting piece of Outsider art.

Reviews
Resident Evil 4 - 8
Wo Long Fallen Dynasty - 8
Tchia - 7
Wild Hearts - 6
Octopath Traveller 2 - 7
Company of Heroes 3 - 8
Bayonetta Origins: Cereza And The Lost Demon - 7
Horizon: Call Of The Mountain - 8
Song In The Smoke Rekindled - 7
Scars Above - 5
Storyteller - 7
Backbeat - 7
King Of the Castle - 6
Kirby's Return To Dreamland Deluxe - 7
Blanc - 4

Credits : rllmuk

Last edited by a moderator:

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I have no proof but no doubts that Wild Hearts is a better game than Wo Long.

MC user scores back me up (they're useful and correct this especific time).

Last edited:

'3y Kingdom

Oct 27, 2017
The final verdict of the RE4 review, for those interested:
This is, in other words, Schrödinger's Resident Evil 4: at once like the game it is remaking and somehow not. True, most of its highlights are shared with the original, and its weaknesses are largely its own, though for those who have already had the pleasure, the glimpses into adapting such a seminal work for a new audience are quietly thrilling in themselves. But perhaps the greatest compliment we can pay to Capcom is that the players who don't have the original permanently branded on their memories and their thumbs will merely have to settle for a supremely varied and expertly paced action game — one that doesn't quite supplant, but makes a fascinating companion piece to, one of the greats.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Great score for Horizon, can't wait to check that out in the years to come when I jump into PSVR2.

I'm really not a fan of the third person games but everything I've seen of Mountain looks interesting to me.

beeboo

Mar 13, 2023
Really loving Tchia so far, glad Edge was not too harsh on it despite its flaws. The game has impressed me with its interactivity for a small dev team making an open world game. Absolutely love that you can climb trees and sway them back and forth to catapult yourself. And the music is gorgeous, love that all dialogue is in French and the local indigenous language, gives the game a ton of personality

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really curious about Everywhere. Reviews by Edge are always whatever for me. Their interests are totally different from mine and that's ok. We just don't align on most things, at all.

Fabs

Aug 22, 2019
You may not like the games because they're not your thing. Which is fine. They're still really good games though.

I just disagree about the really good part. They're competently made and IMO the moment the paint wears off they're aggressively mediocre in every aspect, I really don't understand the praise other than production value. To each their own though.

I don't mean to derail the thread.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
No, nothing to do with NFTs or crypto. It's the Habbo Hotel revival though

I see. Think I remember reading a interview from devs when the game was revealed where they were kinda avoiding answering the NFT question, so I assumed it would eventually be related to that and they were just trying to hide it at that time due to bad press, but seems like I jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Jul 2, 2021
I just disagree about the really good part. They're competently made and IMO the moment the paint wears off they're aggressively mediocre in every aspect, I really don't understand the praise other than production value. To each their own though.

Overall it's well made, the story is good and the combat is awesome. Which makes the battles fun. Not everyone's cup of tea though. Which is fine.

Mar 19, 2021
I see. Think I remember reading a interview from devs when the game was revealed where they were kinda avoiding answering the NFT question, so I assumed it would eventually be related to that and they were just trying to hide it at that time due to bad press, but seems like I jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Tbh that whole shared world game within a game within a game within a game concept does seem ideal for that kind of stuff but apparently this is more of a tool for creators to create their own games like Roblox or Dreams

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
That Wo Long score does not match my experience with it (was disappointing to me) but glad they enjoyed it.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I can't think of many open world games that come anywhere close to having combat as good as the Horizon games and outside RDR2 most don't look as good.

Fabs

Aug 22, 2019
I can't think of many open world games that come anywhere close to having combat as good as the Horizon games and outside RDR2 most don't look as good.

Combat is bad IMO. The reliance on slowdown, bad melee, poor weapon variety, etc. I do think it's a looker but that's only skin deep. After the first game it wore off by the end, and the second game was more of the same. Tremendous art and tech team. Which is why I said outside of production values.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Combat is bad IMO. The reliance on slowdown, bad melee, poor weapon variety, etc. I do think it's a looker but that's only skin deep. After the first game it wore off by the end, and the second game was more of the same. Tremendous art and tech team. Which is why I said outside of production values.

We'll have to agree to disagree there then. I don't think most open world games come anywhere close to the combat in the Horizon games.