• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.p...dom-hearts-iii/&tab=comments#comment-12124158

PlayStation GOTY:

1. Tetris Effect
  2. Astro Bot
  3. God of War

Xbox GOTY:

1. Forza Horizon 4
  2. Sea of Thieves
  3. Game Pass

Nintendo GOTY:

1. Super Smash Bros Ultimate
  2. Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion
  3. Octopath Traveller

PC GOTY:

1. Return of the Obra Dinn
  2. Pillars of Eternity II
  3. Subnautica

VR GOTY:

1. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission
  2. Tetris Effect
  3. Persistence

Best Visual Design:

1. Red Dead Redemption 2
  2. Return of the Obra Dinn
  3. Chuchel

Best Audio Design:

1. Tetris Effect
  2. Return of the Obra Dinn
  3. Red Dead Redemption 2

Best Storytelling:

1. Return of the Obra Dinn
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. The Banner Saga 3

Best Hadrware:

1. PSVR
  2. Xbox Adaptive Controller
  3. Nintendo Labo

Best Living Game:

1. Fortnite
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Overwatch

Best Publisher:

1. Sony Interactive Entertainment
  2. Nintendo
  3. Enhance Games

Best Studio:

1. Epic Games
  2. Rockstar Games
  3. Sony Japan Studio

Overall GOTY:

1. Red Dead Redemption 2
  2. Tetris Effect
  3. Return of the Obra Dinn
  4. Into The Breach
  5. Astro Bot
  6. Hollow Knight
  7. Monster Hunter World
  8. Smash Bros Ultimate
  9. Pillars of Eternity II: Deadline
  10. The Banner Saga 3

Last edited:

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
good lists. glad to see smash bros get some recognition by edge

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Gamepass on the GOTY list is just a cheeky way of edgy saying "xbox have no gaems and even less good gaems"

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah there is a game that is the leader overall in GOTY awards right now missing from this list. That kinda makes you question them.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sea of Thieves and Gamepass (???) as the the Xbox's GOTYs is a little sad...

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
im pretty sure they decided that #1 before red dead even came out, calling it game of the generation in previews haha.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
GamePass and Nintendo are at least interesting choices lol
Overall good list, it ll be a lot of criticism with GoW absence but still a good list.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
They couldn't even put Sea of Thieves there lol

Sea of Thieves is there though?

I don't know, i find random forum users who most likely never played it knocking Sea of Thieves down sadder than it being on another goty list (remembering Austin Walker's also had it on his list and i very much appreciate his opinion more than the people here)

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
It's their list and it really means nothing to me but God of War not being among the Top 10 is a joke

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
They gave God of War an 8 which is a good score but it's not surprising it didn't make their top 10 of the year based on that. They liked it but liked at least ten other games more, put down the pitchforks guys.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
The Persistence at VR goty place 3 is great to see !

Also Astro Bot at 5 for overall goty is well deserved :)

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
EDGE still got it when it comes to GOTY. Congrats RDR2.

2013 The Last of Us
2014 Bayonetta 2
2015 Bloodborne
2016 The Last Guardian
2017 Breath of the wild
2018 Red Dead Redemtion 2

All of those are my personal GOTYs except for BoTW, but even then it was my second favorite after RE7.

Edit: apparently in 2013 they gave it to GTAV.

https://gotypicks.blogspot.com/2013/09/2013-game-of-year.html

Last edited:

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
What should they have put instead? State of decay? Or maybe that tap tap racing game for mobile Microsoft released?
Well, two of the three PC GOTY games are also on Xbox One, so maybe one of those?
xbox has been a bit light on games
Gamepass on the GOTY list is just a cheeky way of edgy saying "xbox have no gaems and even less good gaems"
What constitutes a PC GOTY vs Xbox GOTY? Pillars of Eternity 2 and Subnautica are both also on Xbox One so could have easily taken the #3 spot surely. But then on the flip side, both FH4 and SoT are also on PC.

This is all pretty meaningless when we don't have any context here with the magazine explanations. Does anyone know if it's on Readly yet?

Last edited:

Plum

May 31, 2018
Man, all these Astro Bot and Tetris Effect nods are making me really regret selling my PSVR. They feel like the only 'big' games I'm missing out on this year.

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Those are some really good listings. I echo the notable absence of Celeste though. Finished it yesterday and it absolutely deserves recognition.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, i find random forum users who most likely never played it knocking Sea of Thieves down sadder than it being on another goty list (remembering Austin Walker's also had it on his list and i very much appreciate his opinion more than the people here)

Why are you on a forum full of sad, random people who's opinion you don't appreciate anyway?

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Yes? Because State of Decay is a game. Or just make a top 2 if you don't think three games were good enough to be mentioned

That's like saying PORTABILITY was Switch's GOTY
All you have told me is your directing your criticism to the wrong outlet. Microsoft not Edge should be taking your criticism.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Why are you on a forum full of sad, random people who's opinion you don't appreciate anyway?

I just appreciate Austins opinion more than yours, no need to act this jealous

All you have told me is your directing your criticism to the wrong outlet. Microsoft not Edge should be taking your criticism.

My criticism of what exactly?
All i'm saying is listing a service as a GOTY is silly. I'm not asking EDGE to like microsoft.