• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Star Wars Battlefront 2: 4 "the worst implementation of a loot system we've ever seen in a full-price game... the most miserly structure of the grubbiest of free-to-play games, plastered cynically over a full-priced product"
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: 7 "It doesn't quite match the out-of-nowhere brilliance of the first game, nor is it as bold as the daring, but flawed, follow-up."
Call of Duty WWII: 7
Need for Speed Payback: 4
"An open world that offers nothing but uneventful journeys between missions; draconian progression doled out loot box by loot box; tin-eared scripting and a wilful disregard for player freedom."
Animal Crossing Pocket Camp: 5 "Somewhere, Animal Crossing has mislaid its soul."
Hidden Agenda: 4
Bury Me, My Love: 7
Million Onion Hotel: 8

There's a massive 36 page Final Fantasy feature. If you're a fan of the series you'll want to buy this issue!

The Making Of...: Undertale
Studio Profile: Milestone
Time Extend: Dragon Age Inquisition

I got the Final Fantasy II cover.

Last edited:

visvim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I read the CoD review, seems like the score is a bit under the praise they gave it. Was expecting an 8+ reading it to be honest.

Also deserved for BF2.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
That Battlefront 2 score is ridiculous for the amount of love and artistry DICE put into the maps. Is the review focused on the bland campaign and EA's terrible business practices?

And yeah, a 7 is fair for Xenoblade 2.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That Battlefront 2 score is ridiculous for the amount of love and artistry DICE put into the maps. Is the review focused on the bland campaign and EA's terrible business practices?

I'm sure love goes into most games. Love ain't gonna get you a 10. EA is being taken to task for their practices in this game, as they should be. A 4 seems extremely fair to me.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Totally fair BF2 score. Nickle-and-dimeing your customers in a $60 game deserves nothing but derision.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Star Wars Battlefront 2: 4

EA killing it

Confirms my belief that a game built on lootboxers is a bad game

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
As bad as the loot boxes are in Payback, I was kinda enjoying the EA trial. However, just off the small comments that were posted in the OP, it seems like those are actually the only issues I've actually had about the game.

javac

Oct 28, 2017

So what should it have got then because Xenoblade 2 also has a large amount of love and artistry put into it, so should Battlefront also get a 7? Or maybe reviews don't work that way.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Completely disagree. EA deserve to be called out for their scummy practices.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Very happy to see the low scores for Batllefront 2 and NFS. Gameplay built around loot boxes is terrible and should not be rewarded in any way.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Star Wars Battlefront 2: 4 "the worst implementation of a loot system we've ever seen in a full-price game... the most miserly structure of the grubbiest of free-to-play games, plastered cynically over a full-priced product"
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: 7 "It doesn't quite match the out-of-nowhere brilliance of the first game, nor is it as bold as the daring, but flawed, follow-up."
Call of Duty WWII: 7
"An open world that offers nothing but uneventful journeys between missions; draconian progression doled out loot box by loot box; tin-eared scripting and a wilful disregard for player freedom."
Animal Crossing Pocket Camp: 5 "Somewhere, Animal Crossing has mislaid its soul."
Hidden Agenda: 4
Bury Me, My Love: 7
Million Onion Hotel: 8

I got the Final Fantasy II cover.

Do you mind sharing what the features/time extend/making of are? Thank you!

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Man I love Edge. Most major outlets are very forgiving with their scores but Edge don't seem to subscribe to the usual "7 = average" scoring metric of most mainstream publications.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever Million Onion Hotel is, it whooped all of the big name games.

Is it PC? Mobile? What is Million Onion Hotel??

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever Million Onion Hotel is, it whooped all of the big name games.

Is it PC? Mobile? What is Million Onion Hotel??

MillionOnionHotel_room3.PNG

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That Animal Crossing score is deserved.

I would like to see what EDGE think of Sonic Forces.

H2intensity

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Fair score overall.. EDGE still have my respect for their judgment on games review.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that Battlefront 2 description is a straight evisceration.

Last edited:

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Except that it's not a "shit product". It's a controversial one sure but you're laying the hyperbole on a bit thick to call it that.

I seriously do not understand the defense of EA in this instance. The game plays fine but it's unremarkable, and the loot box stuff is horrendous. Is it just a love of Star Wars or something?