• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ

BcrSeq7.jpg
KCnHAMT.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bma1KI3lEGU/
Limited Edition Edge magazine issue 323 covers. To celebrate Edge magazines 25 year anniversary I was commissioned to make 4 images of 4 of the most important games from the past 25 years which grace the covers. Solaire from Dark Souls cover is ltd to 100 and have all been personally signed. There is a competition in the mag and the first to solve the puzzle will win the original painting there's is a ltd edition box set of all 4 covers with no font available.

Reviews:
Hollow Knight - 9
The Banner Saga 3 - 9
Dead Cells - 8
The Persistence - 8
Octopath Traveler - 7
Pocket Rumble - 7
Danger Zone 2 - 6
Radio Hammer Station - 5

Last edited:

Plum

May 31, 2018
Damn, I should really get The Persistence. My PSVR has been (hypothetically since it's in a case lol) gathering dust for a while now so it's nice to see a game that good come out for it.

May 5, 2018
I was hoping Octopath would get an 8, but despite how much I love that game I can understand the 7 score. Nice to see Dead Cells rated quite high. Did they review Hollow Knight before or is this their first review of the game? They'd specify it's the Switch version right?

Deleted member 29354

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Hate the covers, love the content. That Jackson Pollack-esque flourish distracts from mediocre artwork IMO.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hey Edge, if youre having trouble finding 2D artists for cover work, Im available!

Deleted member 6733

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got the Mario cover edition through the post this morning. It's fucking great. I do want the Master Chief one too, though.

ChillWinston

Oct 27, 2017
Wanted Master Chief, got Street Fighter guy :(

Looks like a good issue though. 9 for Hollow Knight makes me feel bad for quitting half way through. I know it's a fantastic game but it was breaking my soul, man.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I got the Master Chief one. Looks pretty nice.

I read the Octopath review, and it's hard to disagree with what was written really. Some of their issues with the game echo mine.

Steve McQueen

Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
EDGE.....Had a subscription for 18 years.

Until myfavouritemagazines fucked up and I kept missing numbers. Contacted EDGE and yes....there were loads of other subscribers having problems with 'Myfavouritemagazines' while shipping abroad.
Missed on some great subscriber issues ( Breath of the Wild to name a few ). Contacted Myfavourite magazines'and ' Oooop, sorry sold out and we don't have replacements available'. Rinse and repeat.
Well....I took this crap for a year and then I decided to give up on my favourite magazine. Still angry and very. very disappointed by the way they treat loyal customers. FY if you're reading this 'myfavouritemagazines'!

Have a digital sub now, but it's not the same ...I miss my physical mag ;_;

Anyway: amazing scores for the indiegames. Just wow.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Octopath score seems about right. It's in danger of slipping to a 6 for me if these chapter 2s don't make the stories/characters more engaging.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Their infatuation toward Dark Souls really knows no bounds. It's no surprise they liked HK so much, given the similarities.

Cool covers, all of them.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not usually one to contest EDGE reviews as I feel like they're one of the only remaining outlets that actually uses the entire 10-point scale properly, but...

Oh hell naw. We fightin' now.
I really really like Octopath, but I can see the case being made for that score for sure. That being said, there's like zero games that transport me back to 1993 playing Super Nintendo with my brother than that game.

SmarmySmurf

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I keep wanting to subscribe to this and Retro Gamer, but over $100 for a year as an American is just too much for a magazine. (IDK if digital is way cheaper, but I don't like digital mags)

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dark Souls dude is not fit to walk alongside Guile, Mario and Master Chief..

Sure he is. Mario is one of most influential franchises of the 80's, Street Fighter is one of the most influential franchises of the 90's, ditto regarding Halo in the 00's and Dark Souls in the 10's.

Edit - Though since this is dealing with the past 25 years, the Mario influence they're inferring is likely Super Mario 64 and its impact on 3D games.

Last edited:

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure he is. Mario is one of most influential franchises of the 80's, Street Fighter is one of the most influential franchises of the 90's, ditto regarding Halo in the 00's and Dark Souls in the 10's.
I feel like Dark Souls' influence is far less observable and profound than the other 3 though. Mario/SF/Halo pretty much defined genre or playstyles that took over the industry, while Souls-likes occupy a mostly insular niche.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Dark Souls' influence is far less observable and profound than the other 3 though. Mario/SF/Halo pretty much defined genre or playstyles that took over the industry, while Souls-likes occupy a mostly insular niche.

Dark Souls didn't just influence Souls-likes though. Everything from Shovel Knight to DOOM Eternal has a bit of Dark Souls in its DNA.

That's not to say Dark Souls is on the same level as the other three IP, but it's still the best modern example of a hugely influential series.

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bloody hell, I have their tenth anniversary issue sitting on my bookshelf in front of me.

This one:

s-l1600.jpg

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
I recently had to dump almost 10 years of Edge magazines in the trash when I moved. It was sad, but I couldn't justify lugging a giant container to a new house.

Deleted member 15538

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll grab octopath at 20 bucks if ever. Not because of edge lol but it's too divisive (EAllies 8 is more alarming) and switch doesn't get a lot of my attention anyway outside of mario tennis this year.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
I recently had to dump almost 10 years of Edge magazines in the trash when I moved. It was sad, but I couldn't justify lugging a giant container to a new house.

I have all my Edge in storage in the basement at the moment, but eventually will probably have to take them to recycle with a kid arriving soon.

I have a digital sub now but will probably go physician for this one.