• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Magazine is up on readly early:

Scores :
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate - 9
Tetris Effect - 9
Fallout 76 - 4
Hitman 2 - 8
Battlefield V - 7
11-11 : Memories Retold - 7
Deracine - 6
Pokemon Let's Go, Eevee & Pikachu - 7
Gwent : The Witcher Card Game - 8
Arca's Path VR - 5
Black Bird - 7

Previews :
Left Alive
Ace Combat 7
Stormdivers
Small Talk
The Light Keeps Us Safe
Recompile

An Audience with : Sakurai
Time Extend : The Last Guardian

(BTW, for new subscribers readly has a 99p / 99c for the first month offer)

Also, previous scores are here : https://fusiontables.google.com/DataSource?docid=1D1odIVhdCE8zlBp5Ha1bNsLNAU83UF1WBiYYl5A

Last edited:

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
did smash ever receive a 10 from Edge? anyway this is a fantastic score, and we will probably see a lot more of those and a lot more 10s in a few hours.
also happy to see a 9 for Tetris effect, i only played the demo but this iteration of tetris is phenomenal. i still listen to its music while studying.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Scores seem pretty much in line with general consensus. No major outliers here, unless Smash gets ravaged by critics (seems unlikely).

did smash ever receive a 10 from Edge? anyway this is a fantastic score, and we will probably see a lot more of those and a lot more 10s in a few hours.
also happy to see a 9 for Tetris effect, i only played the demo but this iteration of tetris is phenomenal. i still listen to its music while studying.
Smash has never received a 10, no. Here's all of the Nintendo games that have:

Super Mario 64
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Super Mario Odyssey

Bit of a running theme there.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Smash has never received a 10 from Edge.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Battlefield V and Pokémon sound fair based on the rating alone, even though I gave slightly more to the former. There's great things in the games for sure.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a reasonable set of scores to me- honestly surprised Edge scored Smash that high.

spookyghost

Oct 28, 2017
Nice to see Black Bird get some recognition.

Interested to read the audience with and time extend

Evangelista

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Hitman 2 should be the best on the series. I'm waiting for a sale.

PrintedCrayon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seadome
Fantastic score for Smash. It could well end up being the best scored game in the series.

Also seems to be a (surprisingly?) forgiving score on the Fallout 76 review.

Council Pop

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Genuinely expected Fallout 76 to receive a 1.

The only people who genuinely think it deserves a mark that low are Angry Gamerzzz rising up on internet message boards. Edge is the antithesis of that aspect of games culture. Fallout 76 is obviously a shoddy game in most ways, especially in its execution, but also clearly has some worth in other ways. It was interesting to read the Kotaku review and see how much the reviewer enjoyed the map and the atmosphere created, even if they felt the game was fundamentally broken.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I am so getting Tetris Effect.

The only people who genuinely think it deserves a mark that low are Angry Gamerzzz rising up on internet message boards. Edge is the antithesis of that aspect of games culture. Fallout 76 is obviously a shoddy game in most ways, especially in its execution, but also clearly has some worth in other ways. It was interesting to read the Kotaku review and see how much the reviewer enjoyed the map and the atmosphere created, even if they felt the game was fundamentally broken.

I dunno, I watched Ben Moore's review and he made a damn good case for it being only worthy of a 2 out of 10, without resorting to hyperbole and angry gamer rhetoric. Genuinely surprised the game received that high a score from Edge of all publications.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
tetris effect is this year's most genuine emotional journey.

Council Pop

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am so getting Tetris Effect.

I dunno, I watched Ben Moore's review and he made a damn good case for it being only worthy of a 2 out of 10, without resorting to hyperbole and angry gamer rhetoric. Genuinely surprised the game received that high a score from Edge of all publications.

Oh interesting, haven't seen that review, will have to give it a watch!

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Guess they needed to add more British characters beyond K Roll and Vince to get that 10 ha ha