• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
3glumj3rgjzrjeb3edtod7hke1.jpg

reviews:
Days Gone - 5
Mortal Kombat 11 - 5
SteamWorld Quest - 9
World War Z - 6
Forager - 8
Islanders - 8
Katana Zero - 7
One Finger Death Punch 2 - 8

also in this issue:
unveiling of Playdate
hype (Paper Beast, Planet Zoo, Dicey Dungeons, Pacer, El Hijo)
hype roundup (Borderlands 3, Nowhere Prophet, Astral Chain, Tamarin, Pepper Grinder)
an audience with… Amy Hennig
the making of… Tetris Effect
time extend - Invisible, Inc.
the long game - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
studio profile - No Code (Stories Untold, Observation)

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
nice score for steamworld quest, i have to start playing the steamworld games one of these days.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of agree with the MK11 score.

Game is gorgeous, and story mode was neat, but I loathe playing it. Progression was anything but a joy, and I cannot stand the dial-in style of combat.

Oct 28, 2017
Australia
Your monthly reminder that if you really want to know what the fuck is up with that score then the written review is guaranteed to contain a whole load of very good arguments for whatever the score is, and maybe you should read it.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Days Gone isn't a surprise considering the preview of it they gave and the final product which doesn't really change from a lot of what they said in said preview. Would be beneficial to hear what version they played albeit performance issues persist to this day so far as that is concerned it might be academic.

Fingers crossed this thread isn't stupidly locked like the EDGE GoW one was.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Your monthly reminder that if you really want to know what the fuck is up with that score then the written review is guaranteed to contain a whole load of very good arguments for whatever the score is, and maybe you should read it.

Also you can just download the Edge app on your phone and buy the single issue. It's incredible easy and there is no reason not to read a review if you want to have an opinion on the score.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it would be nice if people actually read the reviews instead of just bitching about the scores. It's super easy to grab a digital copy.

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
Steamworld Quest!
Great game. just finished it yesterday.
I'd like to see a sequel one day

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Good to see One Finger Death Punch 2 get an 8. Not got it yet (on my wishlist), but I'm sure the devs are well-pleased they got an Edge 8, and it'll give the game some more visibility.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Only played Katana Zero of those and I think a 7 is fair, good first effort but I feel a sequel could improve a lot.

germuso

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Drive-by post. Previous infractions for the same behaviour.
Clickbait scores as usually.

Deleted member 11214

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nearly every month a game receives a good score and someone is like, "I've never even heard of this," and I'm like, "Really? What rock are you living under?"

I had never seen nor heard of Islanders before this review. And judging by the Steam reviews and Metacritic, neither have most other people. Been a long time since I discovered a game based on a review in a magazine!

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what I expected. Days Gone and MK11 a 5? I can't take them seriously anymore.