• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like most people in the OP really like it, I'm loving it and so far it's my GOTY. It's actually amazing.

I think it seems negative because ways to improve the experience often becomes a topic of discussion. Sometimes it seems like people hate RDR2 and BOTW on here too.
I feel the disdain for RDR2 but not BOTW. With RDR2 you'd think people were mad because a Rockstar employee drove to their house and made them play it at gunpoint.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Telling Lies is that much better than Her Story? Have to remember to pick it up during January.
I just started playing it a few days ago and honestly I don't know. Production wise it's easily better then Her Story. Without question. As well acted if not more so. I feel Her Story was a lot more focused to me and I was drawn into it much easier. Having so many more characters here does change up the dynamic so maybe that's the issue. Telling Lies is more a complicated it seems from my early experience.

BigBlue

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
PG and From Software have Edge eating right out of their hands lol.

Great score for Astral Chain though!

correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lol people keep saying this but I'm specifically referring to people who have the game. Lots of them in the OT and review threads.
I see people complaining about a lot of stuff in the game, but also giving it crazy praise. Astral Chain is a very irregular game, alternating some really great moments with some jarring stuff, an amazing combat system unlike anything before it with weird behaviours of some basic stuff like the camera, lock on or enemies attacking from outside the screen. But overall people are recognizing that a lot of its´ jankiness comes from it trying to do something new (not only in combat) and when it works it´s just incredible.

Aug 15, 2019
I want to point out that Edge 337 has some great articles too:
The one on Tasbot is a fascinating inquiry as to what constitutes 'magic' when playing games.
Minecraft's future has a thorough analysis.
Great interview with the maker of Telling Lies.
Stephen Pool's column is one of his best.
Time Extended on The Order 1886 also fun to read : )

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Lol people keep saying this but I'm specifically referring to people who have the game. Lots of them in the OT and review threads.

I haven't really offered my comments in the OT because there is a lot to say about the game and when I feel like typing up a post of why I like it, I'd rather just spend my time playing the game.