• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
screenshot2021-02-25ajrjjn.jpg

reviews:
Hitman 3 - 9
The Medium - 5
Little Nightmares 2 - 7
Persona 5 Strikers - 6
Gods Will Fall - 8
Tohu - 6
Olija - 8
Nuts - 7
Conspiracy! - 7

cover: Back 4 Blood

features:
hype: Resident Evil Village, Open Roads, We Are OFK, Wicca, Balan Wonderworld, Acolyte
roundup: ME: Legendary Edition, Coffee Noir, Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion, Windjammers 2, The Plane Effect
the mking of: Paradise Killer
time extend: A Plague Tale Innocence

source

Last edited:

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Persona 5 Strikers is definitely the better game than the Medium. A bit surprised it's a 5 because the story was pretty good and the gameplay amazing. Not to mention the soundtrack, but I gotta read it to see what's at fault for them.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I'm sure it'll be contentious with some but that score for The Medium is bang on for me. It's an average game with little actual gameplay, iffy voice acting, technical issues and a story that tries to tackle adult themes with little subtlety.

Oct 27, 2017
I knew Strikers wasn't for me. In my bones I knew. I'm forever done with Mosou games. (The bit that turns me off 'em is the whole running the full width of a map to cut off surprise attacks/retreats, etc. Tedious af.)

Not heard of Gods Will Fall before. Looks like it could be fun...

Oct 30, 2017
Medium is my favourite game of the year so far, just in front of Little Nightmares 2. I do understand the mixed reception though. Technical issues and the story let it down. Well, the second half of the story anyway.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Hitman ❤

The trilogy taken as a whole is brilliant. Hope some of the last bugs (i.e. music cutting out in some of the levels, screens blasting sunlight for some reason, weird crashes when pausing the game in Miami) are patched out to create the perfect Hitman package. Praise is deserved considering all the troubles ioi went through with the IP (and its transfer), publisher changes/self-publishing, format changes etc.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
First month not subscribing for about four years now. Weird but freeing.

Little Nightmares 2 - 7

For reference, the original Little Nightmares received an 8 when it was released. Obviously the caveat of different reviewers, different point of time etc.

I think it was:
Hitman - 9
Hitman 2 - 8
The first game actually has two reviews - it got an 8 in 2016 and then a 9 in 2017. I'm assuming the first review was Paris only while the latter was the whole thing.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
I had a good time with it but I can see why the scores have been all over the place. If you don't buy into the atmosphere and narrative, there's probably not a lot left for someone to enjoy.

I agree with that. But I feel they really nailed both the atmosphere and narrative. In fact, I was genuinely surprised at how dark the story was when you start to learn certain things.

The game is more of a 'walking simulator' like Tale Tales games used to be with those two things being the primary focus as opposed to the gameplay. Just with some lite puzzles tossed in here and there.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Persona 5 Strikers is definitely the better game than the Medium. A bit surprised it's a 5 because the story was pretty good and the gameplay amazing. Not to mention the soundtrack, but I gotta read it to see what's at fault for them.

I actually expected them to give a really low score to P5 at the time as well, not the kind of thing they usually go for at all

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Surprised at the P5S score, but I'd need to read the review on that.
The Medium at 5/10 is amazing, lol.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I knew Strikers wasn't for me. In my bones I knew. I'm forever done with Mosou games. (The bit that turns me off 'em is the whole running the full width of a map to cut off surprise attacks/retreats, etc. Tedious af.)

That sorta thing isn't in Strikers, it has basically none of the musou trappings like retreats, bases, etc.

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
The Medium scored better than it deserved. Hitman 3 is a 10 through and through, but I understand why some reviewers would subtract a point from it.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
If you move away from 10 meaning "perfect", because no game is perfect, then I think 10 means that the game couldn't reasonably be any better than it is. Hitman trilogy meets that definition for me.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I had a good time with it but I can see why the scores have been all over the place. If you don't buy into the atmosphere and narrative, there's probably not a lot left for someone to enjoy.
Without reading the review to see what brings the score down, I can understand the middling reviews. I got some enjoyment from the game (especially early on) but it tapered off toward the end (especially the final hour or so). The predictable and boring story twists certainly didn't do it any favours. Its a nice Gamepass game for sure, but 5/6 sounds about right for it. The early hotel stuff was fun at least. Could have done with much harder puzzles though, it was all too simple. But I at least respect the devs for not messing things up with cumbersome combat.

Oct 27, 2017
Hitman 3 getting a 9 seems to be just like I expected. I haven't played the game yet (waiting for a PS5) but it looks really awesome and the things my friends are saying about it are exciting.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
Surprised to see that score for Gods Will Fall, it has a really bad open critic score, but the reviews are very split. Kind of makes me want to try it now.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
Hitman 3 seems to be a very good game.

I can't get into the games but I enjoy watching people play it