• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Thanks to pronk for sharing

Spider-Man PS4: 8

Dragon Quest XI: 6

We Happy Few: 4

Guacamelee 2: 8

Yakuza Kiwami 2: 7

Donut County: 7

Planet Alpha: 6

Strange Brigade: 6

Overcooked 2: 6

Excellent scores for Spidey and Guacamelee 2, considering how harsh EDGE is.

Edit
Added more scores

Last edited:

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
6 for DQ?! The music is grating, sure, but I think it deserves a score higher than that. Not that it's ever been that popular in the west.

Daedardus

Oct 25, 2017
Awtch, that DQXI one is even harsh for EDGE. I guess they found it too similar to previous entries?

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
God Gamn I honestly expected DQ and Spider-mans score to be switched , I'm curious to read their thoughts on DQ. Good score for Spidey though

Nov 3, 2017
Pleasantly surprised it got an 8, good for Spider-Man

Posting in advance

Edge: "This game is a 7/10."

Poster 1: "ohhhhh shit!!! popcorn.gif"
Poster 2: "LOL meltdowns incoming!"
Poster 3: "YIKES here they come. waterglass.gif"
Poster 4: "Fanboys are about to lose it!! LOL"

Poster 5: "lol edge they hate everything.

Posters 1,2,3,4: "LOL @ Poster 5!!!! MELTDOWNS EVERYWHERE!"

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's around the same score I'd give spiderman based on my time with it. It's a fun game but has lots of little design flaws that stop it from being great that will hopefully be cleaned up in a sequel.

From what I can tell of DQ that score seems right given the lack of difficulty, the music, and jrpg writing.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Enough with this shit Edge. It's TTYD from Game Informer all over again.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Pretty awesome for Spider-Man!

I'm not that surprised by the Dragon Quest score but I still have to go back to the game to form an opinion, I was enjoying it quite a lot but I didn't think it was a very good game.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering that it's a 6 from EDGE, that's quite good.

That's around the same score I'd give spiderman based on my time with it. It's a fun game but has lots of little design flaws that stop it from being great that will hopefully be cleaned up in a sequel.

From what I can tell of DQ that score seems right given the lack of difficulty, the music, and jrpg writing.

It isn't, at all. It's one of the best games on the franchise by far and Yuji Horii is at it's best in this entry in the writing.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
I actually agree with their DQXI score, but I understand I'm in the minority around here. I'm a pretty big DQ fan, but XI has been really disappointing for me. I even put my copy up for sale on the Buy/Trade/Sell thread, which I pretty much never do.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Pretty low on Dragon Quest XI, although I've convinced myself I'll try it eventually.

After hitting 100% on Spider-Man, I'd say 8 is generous.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Dq does have a difficulty option and its fairly challenging. Agree with the music its just plain grating. The writing is fine, its just classic 80s cartoon whimsy. Xenoblade 2 is the kind of jrpg writing that would make me dock points.

Vesper

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think I've ever disagreed harder with a score than that DQXI one, yikes.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It's always amazing to me that people can determine a score is too low/high w/o the context of, you know, the actual review?

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dq does have a difficulty option and its fairly challenging. Agree with the music its just plain grating. The writing is fine, its just classic 80s cartoon whimsy. Xenoblade 2 is the kind of jrpg writing that would make me dock points.

Lol. U sure love XC2 there.^_^

They gave DQVIII an 8. They gave DQIX a 9.

Dq8 being that high is criminal. Dq9 though is worthy of that scores. It is at the same level as 7 for me which is damn good DQ

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Pleasantly surprised it got an 8, good for Spider-Man

Posting in advance

Edge: "This game is a 7/10."

Poster 1: "ohhhhh shit!!! popcorn.gif"
Poster 2: "LOL meltdowns incoming!"
Poster 3: "YIKES here they come. waterglass.gif"
Poster 4: "Fanboys are about to lose it!! LOL"

Poster 5: "lol edge they hate everything.

Posters 1,2,3,4: "LOL @ Poster 5!!!! MELTDOWNS EVERYWHERE!"

This is all very strange but, hey, Reset Era fanfiction...I can dig it.

Anyway, an 8 for Spidey is good. From most accounts it's a good game with a small flaw here and there. Can't wait to get into it after we are finished moving. WHF though, yikes. Didn't seem like my cup of tea and I've seen some people saying that it had real jank problems (GB was not big on it) but wow.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, expected the spidey and dq scores to be swapped.

Pretty curious to see what their issue with it were, music aside DQ11 has been killer for me.