• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
XMAS - 18 Edition:

Red Dead Redemption 2 - 10
Assassin's Creed Odyssey - 7
Starlink: Battle for Atlas - 6
COD: Black Ops IIII - 7
Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise - 6
Astro Bot: Rescue Mission - 9
Super Mario Party - 7
Return of the Obra Dinn - 9

Thanks to Magic Mushroom for providing these.

Edit - Removed spoiler tags.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Prine

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whoops wrong section. Sorry.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved for Obra Dinn. It's probably not for everyone, but when it clicks it clicks good.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Obra Dinn's score is hugely encouraging; I still haven't got around to it, but it's very much looking like My Sort Of Thing.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
I'm nowhere near close to beating RDR2 yet but I don't think the disparity between it and Assassin's Creed is that big. Odyssey is a really good game.

I want to play Obra Dinn but there are a lot of other games I want to play and I can't justify buying one more that will probably go untouched for months right now. Looks like my kind of game though and happy to see it get a great score here.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I'll never get Edge's love with Rockstar games given how they usually prioritize gameplay, but in any case it was expected. I have to give Obra Dinn more of a chance.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
There it is. Can't wait to play it. Every game that got 10/10 from EDGE this gen has been great.

Also, 98 meta incoming whenever it's added.

EkStatiC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greece
2 games in this list deserve their scores.
Obra Dinn
Odyssey, but i imagine they are generous with this one.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I thought odyssey would score lower taking Edge's taste in consideration

7 is a good score and shows improvement over Origins

2 games in this list deserve their scores.
Obra Dinn
Odyssey, but i imagine they are generous with this one.

edge is anything but generous with ubisoft

odyssey deserves the score

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
I thought edge scored games which focus on gameplay highly not the other way around

Oct 25, 2017
Cover game is Devil May Cry 5 by the way.

IMG_1797.JPG.e0b2e88fcaf157e9e129be7d69e58f0a.JPG

Courtesy of rllmukforum.

Deleted member 25108

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Im convinced anyone who scores AC: Odyssey under a 90 has their views too clouded to what the series was previously.

Odyssey is a mediocre to bad Assassins creed. It is an Excellent character Action RPG.

Gameplay wise its closer to Nier: Automata than AC: Unity.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Im convinced anyone who scores AC: Odyssey under a 90 has their views too clouded to what the series was previously.

Odyssey is a mediocre to bad Assassins creed. It is an Excellent character Action RPG.

Gameplay wise its closer to Nier: Automata than AC: Unity.

I like odyssey a lot but this is silly

As long as people are not complaining about boogeymans like "ubisoft artificially extended the grind to force mtxs !!!!1" people are fine to review it lower. The gameplay loop is fun to me but it might not be to other people, so the game would suffer in their eyes, and while the story starts strong it kind of ends in a letdown (or cliffhanger for the DLC i hope). Edge is notoriously strict and uses a full spectrum scale, so 7 is a good score.

Oct 27, 2017
Reading rdr2 ot paints a different picture. It's a great experience but gameplay is not that good

This is why I never like edge that much. They don't have consistensy amount reviews.

But have you played it?

It has control issues but once you tweak them and you become accustomed this game is one of the best of the generation, if not the best. Also, latest pages there are far less complaints and more people appreciating it.