• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The issue itself is focused on Street Fighter 6 with a "Art of Street Fighter 6" calendar included.

Mario Rabbids - 8
Bayonetta 3 - 9
Plague Tale: Requiem - 6
Scorn - 5
Overwatch 2 - 7
Valkyrie Elysium - 6
Saturnalia - 8
The Past Within - 6
Desta: The Memories Between - 7
Signalis - 7
Diofield Chronicle - 6
Dome Keeper - 7
Vampire Survivors - 7
Paradise Marsh - 8

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Plague Tale and Diofield are a bit lower than I would've thought, but happy for Bayo 3. Can't wait to grab it around x-mas.

Gol

Nov 4, 2017
Having beaten both Rabbids and Plague Tale I think these are fair scores.

I see Bayo 3 couldn't quite crack a 10 like the other two did.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo Switch man...feels like we don't talk enough about what a success and great console it has been.

OP
OP
Zem

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Wonder why they gave Plague Tale a 6.

They didn't like the story, how downbeat it was and compared it to the last of us 2 in that way. I haven't played the game myself but everything else they seemed to like but the story and final chapters really brought it down for them. There's even a post script that's purely on story and spoilers so I haven't read that but I'm sure it goes into more detail about what they didn't like.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Plague with a 6??
Did they review the early PS5 version? I heard many complains with that version.

Edit.

Already answered. Crazy because I love TLOU.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
They didn't like the story, how downbeat it was and compared it to the last of us 2 in that way. I haven't played the game myself but everything else they seemed to like but the story and final chapters really brought it down for them. There's even a post script that's purely on story and spoilers so I haven't read that but I'm sure it goes into more detail about what they didn't like.

Ah, I see. Yea, it's a pretty depressing game, especially the way it ends.

brickman

Banned
Nov 24, 2021
Vampire Survivors getting a 7 is a travesty. This game is crack. I've wasted more of my life in it this year than any other game.

toy_brain

Nov 1, 2017
Vampire Survivors - 7
Ridiculous.
Its 11/10 at least. And I'll not hear a word to the contrary!

*Ahem* That aside, Saturnalia seems to have come out of nowhere. I almost totally glossed over it when it appeared on the eShop as it was hard to tell apart from all the wonky shovelware on there. Seems like its at least worth wishlisting though.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I predicted a 7 for Plague Tale here, but I think the criticism is fair.

... and just like that I learn about Paradise Marsh. Gonna give it a go. It sounds lovely.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't fully expectant of another Bayonetta 10, but a 9 is still good and well deserved. It's in contention for one of the best action games ever made.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
that's exactly what i would rate plague tale 2 yeah

Like it's a 7/high 7 at best

It has a lot of good parts (voice acting, visuals, music, etc.), but the actual gameplay aspect is too much of a downside to ignore, and I can understand people taking issues with certain aspects of the story too...

CabooseMSG

Jun 27, 2020
Bayonetta - 9

Vampire Survivors - 7

Surejan.gif

Mario and Rabbids is an honest 10/10 at that rate, then

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
Plague Tale is like a 9 until that absolute mess of an ending, felt like such a betrayal. A 6 is totally understandable with that justification.

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
sounds about right for Requiem. Did not enjoy it nearly as much as the first one.

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
Is the cover SF6? Do we have a picture of it?
It's Blanka with shock marks around, for the subscribers issue at least.

Here's a thread with the cover image. Comes with an Art of Street Fighter 6 2023 calander too (appears to be character art we've already seen).

www.rllmukforum.com

Edge #378

The new issue just dropped through my letter box! The cover is quite frightening, as you would expect from the Christmas issue. Look at Blanka Kongā€™s hairy chest and neat, clean dungarees. Details below: Hype Resident Evil 4 Solium Inferno Planet of Lana Endless Dungeon The Siege and the Sandfox ...

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2021
Agreed that the latter half is much better overall. Mostly talking about the last chapter and the ending itself, which I consider to be almost unfathomably bad.

I didn't find it all too bad tbh, it kind of made sense to me. But I do get that it's divisive and I don't think they fully justified the ending with what everything that came before.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Nice score for Bayo 3, which has been fantastic. Framerate choppiness during cinematics is one thing that is annoying me quite a bit though.