• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Carfo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
seems interesting, but can't tell how practical it will be, or how much it will cost. certaintly plastic isn't going away any time soon.

Logos

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Nice try..... Another method to make the sheeple ingest flouride so you can brainwash them. They have always sensed the power within us, and attempt to steal our essense.

Who's paying you to spread this propaganda OP? Mods please remove this filth from the last haven of freedom.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
its weird that something can be that strong + flexible + see-through + edible

not really sure how it works

CellarDoor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This isn't gonna replace the plastic bottles.

The size of the ball for a half liter of water would be massive.

To get rid of plastic water bottles you need to incentives using reusable bottles and having water access points where the reusable bottles can be topped up with minimal cost.

DoubleYou

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting. Now we're gonna need some kind of plastic container so they don't pop in our bags!

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty cool. But with great water right from the tap (which I know isn't the case everywhere, but it should be) I don't see the use for me personally.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I can definitely see a lot of good and interesting use cases for it. I feel like the biggest concern would be in transporting and storing them.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like this would work better for a novelty drink or for biodegradable individual portions of maybe green chemicals.

As a solution to water bottles, I don't see this going anywhere. Transportation and holding containers make this not as great of an idea as simply having clean water fountains and reusable water bottles.

Deleted member 11157

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I prefer my edible water ball as a soup dumpling.
20140106-279071-DinTaiFung-dumplingdroop2.JPG

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
The part where it says "remove the skin" kind of kills it for me, the whole point is for it to be entirely consumable.

Deleted member 19003

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks gimmicky. I don't see it replacing water bottles at all. 1 good gulp of water vs like 17 fluid ounces in a bottle that you can carry and drink from multiple times.