• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
They've been talking about this for a while. It still hasn't been more than an interesting video to share.
I want to try one.

Camstun187

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
China
I prefer my edible water ball as a soup dumpling.
20140106-279071-DinTaiFung-dumplingdroop2.JPG
That's not a soup dumpling. It's a plate of BaoZi.

Deleted member 11262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You need to transport them somehow, so plastic bags instead of plastic bottles?
And btw: This "skin" you're peeling. Isn't that made out of plastic too?

I don't know, I'm not really a fan of this...

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
The only way I see this catching on is through the use of a vending machine that creates the orbs on the spot, but even then my concerns would be raised regarding how sanitary it could be.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
they look like implants!
not sure what the sensation of having a ball of water explode in your mouth would be like tho

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
You can carry this in your pocket? Without it breaking? Either way, what's really the point of having one of these on you? You'd need like 10 to give you same amount of water as a regular bottle.
So instead of water bottles you will have ball dispensers and carry 10. Could be a good way of reducing plastic which is always gonna be positive.

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So instead of water bottles you will have ball dispensers and carry 10. Could be a good way of reducing plastic which is always gonna be positive.

What is the dispenser made of? Is it reusable? Then why not just reuse water bottles instead... Because then you can no longer carry it in your pocket anyway.

Cochese

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
It needs a fancy French name if it's going to take off.

Benoit Water Balls.

Hmm...too long.

Ben Wa Balls.

Deleted member 3345

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't gonna replace the plastic bottles.

The size of the ball for a half liter of water would be massive.

To get rid of plastic water bottles you need to incentives using reusable bottles and having water access points where the reusable bottles can be topped up with minimal cost.

It'll be huge! Maybe four five times the size of half a half liter bottle!

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I could see these being big in sports. Easy for a player to run off field pop an orb and run back onto the field.

Oct 26, 2017
I can't wait to stop lugging a water bottle and just toss a handful of these into my backpack every day on my way to work...

...only to discover they've burst and ruined my laptop/iPad.

I'll keep using water bottles, thanks.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to stop lugging a water bottle and just toss a handful of these into my backpack every day on my way to work...

...only to discover they've burst and ruined my laptop/iPad.

I'll keep using water bottles, thanks.
Why do you think they've been waterproofing all our devices over the last couple of years? To remove the headphone jack?

No. They saw this coming.