• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mr stroke

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
listened to this cause it is Mixmag's album of the month
KjAO4tY.jpg

absolutely fantastic !!!

Svadhyaya

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Going to be a busy week for shows. RL Grime tomorrow, Rezz Thursday, Dillon Francis Friday (possible Blizzcon after party), then Kaskade Redux on Saturday. I can't wait.

Edit: PM me a Discord link pls

Last edited:

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I have a favorite track this year yet. I'll have to go back and listen to everything again, lol.

OP
OP
Aomber

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
I gotta hand it where credit is due, this is far and away my favorite song of the year. Definitely give it a listen below.

Marshmello - You & Me

Serious answer: It's a little too early to say all my favorite dance songs of the year, there's too many and some new additions could come up in the next couple months. Will probably make a list of favorites in late November or December. If I had to give an absolute favorite though, in this realm, it would be the following song:

Lorde - Green Light

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aomber

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
Hey guys, thought I'd make you all aware of this thread in case you haven't checked it out already. They focus a little more on the "underground" side of music. Needless to say we always talk about more underground stuff here but if you're looking for something a little more focused for discovery/discussion check it out.

Electronic Music |OT| Alternative clubbing in dark alleys

Also updated the OP.

--------------------

Also you probably have all already heard this by now, not exactly new but sure I'll post it anyway since I don't think it ever got shared in the previous thread. Goes pretty hard, I can imagine this really going off in a live set

Dillon Francis shared a new song and video. He continues to be one of the most inconsistent mainstream producers out there – the song just falls completely flat, nothing about this is exciting whatsoever. I also thought the video was pretty weak compared to previous ones he's done.

Last edited:

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Have you been to Output or Shimanski yet? Last night Output had a helluva lineup - both Danny Tenaglia and Danny Howells. :O

I'm in the NYC area and my favorites are deep and tech house as well. Regular at Electric Zoo but don't do the late night clubbing all that much anymore (maybe 2x a year?). Being 35, working a traditional 9-5 and living an hour away makes it a bit tough :P

Favorite artists nowadays:
-Bicep
-Gorgon City
-Lane8
-Jody Wisternoff/Way Out West
-Maceo Plex
-Dusky
-Camelphat
-Yotto
-Sebastian Davidson
-Grum
-Claptone

I like quite a lot of that list. I'm a big fan of the Anjunadeep label, you should check out Anjunadeep 09 that just came out, there are some gems in there and lots of new stuff.

https://open.spotify.com/album/5MPERlPtdL1hOQfFLwpdXt

mr stroke

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hey guys, thought I'd make you all aware of this thread in case you haven't checked it out already. They focus a little more on the "underground" side of music. Needless to say we always talk about more underground stuff here but if you're looking for something a little more focused for discovery/discussion check it out.

Electronic Music |OT| Alternative clubbing in dark alleys

Also updated the OP.

--------------------

Also you probably have all already heard this by now, not exactly new but sure I'll post it anyway since I don't think it ever got shared in the previous thread. Goes pretty hard, I can imagine this really going off in a live set

Dillon Francis shared a new song and video. He continues to be one of the most inconsistent mainstream producers out there – the song just falls completely flat, nothing about this is exciting whatsoever. I also thought the video was pretty weak compared to previous ones he's done.

wtf why is there 2 electronic music threads now LOL

those should be merged, so I have to post in one for Techno and another for Trap or Future House? WTF, people can enjoy all forms of EDM Hhahahahahahaha

tiesto

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY
Nice... I'm a huge Anjunadeep fan, got to attend their boat party around the NYC waters this summer and that was fantastic. Not just because of the music but also due to the great scenery. Getting to see Lady Liberty up close, not normally something a local would bother with, but still neat. Jody, 16 Bit Lolitas, Yotto/Luttrell b2b, and Dusky performed. Dusky in particular was the highlight, Jody even came down to the dance floor to dance and pose with the crowd.

OP
OP
Aomber

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
wtf why is there 2 electronic music threads now LOL

those should be merged, so I have to post in one for Techno and another for Trap or Future House? WTF, people can enjoy all forms of EDM Hhahahahahahaha
I'm kind of with you, but to be fair, I'm pretty sure they existed on the last forum so it's not really my place to say "merge with our thread". I guess if somebody is looking for something more focused it's useful

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Illenium is playing here with Odesza which is just super random to me.

EDIT: and there really should just be one thread.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aomber

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
New Gorillaz right here. Hmmmmmmmm not sure how I feel about this... It's not bad, but it reminds me a little too much of some of the low points of Humanz. I think it's just not for me – I like the ideas & theme of the song more than the song itself.

I gotta say, for those not aware Damon Albarn produces Gorillaz track through an iPad now a day. Obviously he uses hardware gear as well, but for some reason this sounds like it was made on an iPad. It's done well for what it is, but that's what it sounds like.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aomber

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
Here's a couple really nice trance tracks from Paul van Dyk, doing great work as always. Digging the videos. Didn't realize he had an album that came out recently, check it out if you're into these!

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017

mr stroke

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm kind of with you, but to be fair, I'm pretty sure they existed on the last forum so it's not really my place to say "merge with our thread". I guess if somebody is looking for something more focused it's useful

The odd part of all this: The majority of people in this thread don't listen to general "big room EDM" even though the thread may appear that way lol. Pretty wide range of tastes here :)

tiesto

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY
I'll admit I don't follow trance nearly as religiously as I did back in the early 2000's (when I made my GAF name :O) but the genre seems to be having a bit of a second wind.

On the subject of PVD, this new-ish track by him is hot:

And this Ferry/Aly&Fila collab is an stunning throwback to the late 90's. Very reminiscent of Ferry's Albion alias and the track "Air":

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
They have the vocals down stat. They know what they're doing. I'm fine with either direction, but I'm not sure about the rest of their fanbase :thinking:

OP
OP
Aomber

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
Hey guys - for those who haven't seen it, Era is doing "Community Spotlights" where they take one of the OTs every few days or so and they sticky it in the general forum to bring more attention to it. This is because a lot of communities, like ours, get largely unnoticed, so it's intended to bring more attention to them.

From what I've seen I think people here would like more people to join, so I've submitted ours for now. BUT I want to emphasize that if anyone doesn't want part of this, let me know - if enough people speak up I'll pull out of it.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I have to share this since many people don't really respect Hardstyle DJs/producers:

Ran-D SLAM! Set

It's a rare sight to see an actual Hardstyle DJ, ya know, DJ. Sure he's putting the least effort into the art of DJing, but compared to many people in EDM (and Hardstyle included) you don't see many Hardstyle DJ's messing with their equipment (mainly because it's fucking hard to actual DJ to a Hardstyle set).

This dudes a legend for a reason.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'll admit I don't follow trance nearly as religiously as I did back in the early 2000's (when I made my GAF name :O) but the genre seems to be having a bit of a second wind.

On the subject of PVD, this new-ish track by him is hot:

And this Ferry/Aly&Fila collab is an stunning throwback to the late 90's. Very reminiscent of Ferry's Albion alias and the track "Air":

Yeah Camelia is amazing, borrowing the iconic sound from Air or Ferry's remix of Calling your Name. Love how it doesn't have any breakup too.
IMO the best track of the album, if only if I found it as a whole a little unispired. Honestly, I liked Ferry's Blueprint album way more (the non story version), even if it's not as trancey (it's catchy as hell).

I have yet to listen to PvD album, that track and the ones Aomber posted sounds good

So what's everyone's track of the year so far? Mine is:

Although I'm not sure yet, as a more trancey guy, and considering Gouryella is what it took me into trance..Venera would be a big candidate

Although I also loved a lot the Blizzard remix of Senja, oldschool Anjuna sound

Even as a trancey guy I'm going more towards to the slower variant that is Melodic Progressive nowadays. Guess I'm getting old lol

mr stroke

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I feel like I have to share this since many people don't really respect Hardstyle DJs/producers:

Ran-D SLAM! Set

It's a rare sight to see an actual Hardstyle DJ, ya know, DJ. Sure he's putting the least effort into the art of DJing, but compared to many people in EDM (and Hardstyle included) you don't see many Hardstyle DJ's messing with their equipment (mainly because it's fucking hard to actual DJ to a Hardstyle set).

This dudes a legend for a reason.

not a Hardstyle fan, but I have a lot of respect for the DJ's. These guys play in a genre that will never be mainstream, never get any radio play, and don't give a fuck. They stick to what's real for them, and could care less what's the current trend. When is the last time you saw a Hardstyle DJ play Future bass :p

and anyone that says "Hard Style DJ's can't mix" haven't watched Angerfist do a Megamix (hundreds of tracks mixed fast)

Last edited:

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Dude, yeah a Hardcore session is crazy. I need to watch more sets and sessions. That should be the next thing to happen for mainstream sets ending set-wise. Mixing in Hardstyle and then Hardcore to close a set would be orgasmic.

OP
OP
Aomber

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
This is a little old, it's from last year, but this is a really cool story right here. This girl was studying at NYU's Tisch school for electronic production and landed a chance in a masterclass to audition her piece to Pharrell. Apparently she had no idea it was gonna be him who showed up, they just said it was gonna be a generic masterclass. Beautiful song.

Released song from the video:

OP
OP
Aomber

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
Evidence emerges that Porter Robinson will give debut Virtual Self performance soon

This is sounding like a full on project that might lead to a sizeable EP or full album given that his last album was now three years ago and there seems to be multiple teasers of tracks on the Virtual Self twitter.

Ehhhhhhhhh... To be honest, I'm gonna need to hear something better than Eon Break to get excited. It was decent but as far as I'm concerned it was more or less a half time DDR track, and he specifically mocked the idea of a "Worlds 2" on his Twitter. Whatever the case, interested to see what Porter decides to do with this project.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
im finally here guyz! LOL. Aomber, i didnt know the discord invite you sent me expired! may i have another one? :D

Sp3ratus

Oct 27, 2017
Hi everyone. Didn't know there was an electronic music community here on ERA, but I'm glad to see there is. I'm not the most active poster, but it's nice to be able to talk to someone who has similar taste in music and maybe even find some new music :)

I mostly listen to and am a big fan of the Anjunabeach and Anjunadeep labels(Above&Beyond was my way into electronic music), but I listen to a few other producers, like Menno de Jong and Mat Zo as well.

Liking the Blizzard remix of Senja, linked earlier by Ferrs a lot, too.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi to people here. I'll be checking this thread from now on, but as mentioned, might not be the most active poster. I hope that's okay.

Line X

Oct 26, 2017
I am really loving the psy feel of this track right now, plus I'm even more amused by the track title with the producer name, hahaha

My #1 track so far this year is definitely One, Two, Infinity. I had this on loop on the plane ride from Houston to Taipei and Japan and back and also while on the Shinkansen.

OP
OP
Aomber

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
Sp3ratus no problem! Lurkers make the world go around :D welcome anyway! If you do ever feel like posting definitely don't hesitate we're always looking for new music

Line X Nice track, a pretty different take on something Trancey which is refreshing

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
That EP was the last good music What So Not released because Flume was still involved lol
I'm out of the loop and Spotify showed me these via my daily mixes.

But I'm really loving Just a gent stuff.. like rolling dice and hold. Idk maybe it's just what I'm going through and it makes me feel some type of way. Lol

I also need to buy tickets to when he comes with San holo, droeloe* and someone else here in Denver.

OP
OP
Aomber

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
I'm out of the loop and Spotify showed me these via my daily mixes.

But I'm really loving Just a gent stuff.. like rolling dice and hold. Idk maybe it's just what I'm going through and it makes me feel some type of way. Lol

I also need to buy tickets to when he comes with San holo, droeloe* and someone else here in Denver.
Basically What So Not used to be a collaboration project between Flume and another producer who's name is Emoh Instead. Flume eventually left the duo citing creative differences, with the Gemini EP being their last EP as a duo. Emoh continued the project independently afterwards. What So Not was already supposed to be about "club bangers" in the first place but after Flume left it became a lot more "EDM-y" in a less positive way.

I don't wanna say his music is bad because it's more interesting than some other stuff out there, it just feels like the project took a clear step back after the split up

Last edited:

Sp3ratus

Oct 27, 2017
Aomber Thank you, it's nice to be here :)

I tend to listen to mixes/sets more than individual tracks. Right now I'm hooked on the Luttrell/Yotto B2B set from ABGT250:

Of course there are stand-out tracks, but I like the "journey" so to speak and the way tracks mix into each other.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Do you have Spotify Aomber? if yes, is there a way you can make a playlist and share it so we (I) can follow and keep up with new tracks you enjoy/find? ;)

listening to Yotto - North right now and i am loving it!