• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've always wanted to go but was always sorta scared to go solo. I finally met someone else going who is willing to split a hotel room so I decided what the hell. I still have plans to do Coachella a month prior so I'm gonna be a super broke boy.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Wasted Penguinz back to their more Euphoric sounding selves. This time with a little bit of Rawstyle sprinkled in.

Hopefully Elysian sounds more like this.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Damn, super impressive that you attend solo. Any tips? Thinking about doing it myself.
just explore, take your time and try to catch a few sets you really want to see. its a big place and sometimes you just lose track of time while enjoying the moment. i tried to go see everything but i also missed quite a few sets, but thats okay. also take breaks, chill, eat and enjoy yourself. some people meet groups but i met a lot of other solo people like me. while i didnt stick with anyone it was nice to see that there are plenty of people who go solo to edc or even other events. :)
the worse part was the hotel cost LOL everything else was great. Well, not uber when i was trying to get to day clubs and etc, but thats the price of vegas that weekend.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
just explore, take your time and try to catch a few sets you really want to see. its a big place and sometimes you just lose track of time while enjoying the moment. i tried to go see everything but i also missed quite a few sets, but thats okay. also take breaks, chill, eat and enjoy yourself. some people meet groups but i met a lot of other solo people like me. while i didnt stick with anyone it was nice to see that there are plenty of people who go solo to edc or even other events. :)
the worse part was the hotel cost LOL everything else was great. Well, not uber when i was trying to get to day clubs and etc, but thats the price of vegas that weekend.

Wow, that sounds cool as hell. I go to a lot of Insomniac events solo (and work Ground Control, so I'm always solo on my breaks) but EDC is definitely a White Whale haha. Cool that you met up with other soloers.

Also, speaking of Wasted Penguinz...whose going to Escape?

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I do like some quix songs but I have no idea what his sets are like. I suppose if I you want to dance midway def the place to be. Also I saw some videos of space Jesus at Bonaroo and it looked pretty lit.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
I do like some quix songs but I have no idea what his sets are like. I suppose if I you want to dance midway def the place to be. Also I saw some videos of space Jesus at Bonaroo and it looked pretty lit.
Yeah that 830-930 hour is kinda w/e for me, it would be Arty if he still played trance (he plays it under an alias now)

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
hearing rumors that Gessafelstein is gonna be the special guest at Hard Day of the Daty, not I'm sad I'm not going!

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Escape is tonight! I'm only really looking forward to Kaskade and Seven Lions for day 1 but should be fun overall. 2 hour Eric Prydz closing set tomorrow is all I can think about.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
I actually don't care about anyone other than Prydz haha. Well Lane8 also but he might be too early. Any suggestions?

Sure! I'm getting there at 5 ish to see Tinlicker (if you like Lane 8 you should like em) but later in the night you've got Claude Von Stroke, A-Trak B2B Yehme2 (I don't usually like trap but Yehme2 had my surprise favorite set at HARD this uear) and then of course Tchami X Malaa. If house music is your thing I would also recommend checking out Green Velvet at least for a bit, he's a legend.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Sure! I'm getting there at 5 ish to see Tinlicker (if you like Lane 8 you should like em) but later in the night you've got Claude Von Stroke, A-Trak B2B Yehme2 (I don't usually like trap but Yehme2 had my surprise favorite set at HARD this uear) and then of course Tchami X Malaa. If house music is your thing I would also recommend checking out Green Velvet at least for a bit, he's a legend.
Cool thanks added Green Velvet. Won't be for long cause I don't wanna Miss a second of Prydz. I do like Tinlicker but I don't have the stamina to go from 5 to 2 and I have work the next morning :(

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Seven Lions.... Got his show tomorrow night. I dragged my friend along to Junkie Kid and Lady Faith. The best I can do is tag along with him to Seven Lions.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Cool thanks added Green Velvet. Won't be for long cause I don't wanna Miss a second of Prydz. I do like Tinlicker but I don't have the stamina to go from 5 to 2 and I have work the next morning :(

Ah I feel ya. Lucky that I have the while weekend off for the rest. If you want to come say high, I have a pixelwhip and a Wasteland flag. Should be near the back for both Lane 8 and Prydz

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Seven Lions was aight. Played a lot of the more mainstage kind of Psy Trance so that made his concert aight. Jason Ross on the other hand dropped a ton of actual Prog House. Mitis? I don't want to talk about Mitis.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Freaknight was dope. Been hurting the last few days though. All the DJs at that stage were great (I walked around during Mija's set tho). They had a silent disco that was pretty great too.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
for anyone into hard techno, this new Paula Temple set is FIYAHHHHH

https://soundcloud.com/paulatemple/paula-temple-at-katharsis-2018
OvzBFmB.gif

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
I had a fucking amazing October for shows

Seven Lions Chronicles 2 in Denver with Kill the Noise, Jason Ross and Mitis

Sven Lions B2B Dimibo Afterparty in Denver (special psytrance set)

Rezz (w/ Tokimonsta) in Denver

Escape 2018

November is DREAMSTATE!

Line X

Oct 26, 2017
Had a pretty rough day. I want it to be nighttime immediately.

This is my current mood, and for a brief moment I imagined myself driving around surrounded by all the neon lights in the city, lol

mr stroke

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
so they moved Ultra to the Keys

HWY3GrT.jpg

This is going to be amazing or a total train wreck (with traffic and shuttles like EDC)

Deciding whether to sell my tickets or not

mr stroke

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Do you have to take a boat to get there? Never been to FL so I have no idea

No
But I guess Shuttles are required, there are only 500 parking spaces reserved for VIP only. Otherwise it's required to Shuttle in. 50k people during WMC on a small road is going to be terrible

2am closing time is pretty cool though :)

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Got the Cirez D/Dj Drumcode show this Saturday and then going to the Dj Maddog/Anime and Rebekah shows the weekend after. Soo excited to get my Techno and Hardcore fix

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Nice! I'll be at cirez on Friday and Dreamstate on Saturday. Cannot fuckjng wait for the special System F set mmmmmmmm

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Nice! I'll be at cirez on Friday and Dreamstate on Saturday. Cannot fuckjng wait for the special System F set mmmmmmmm

Yeah I was goona try and pull off doing Dreamstate of Friday while I'm in cali but I decided to save money instead. I'm not the biggest Trance guy but I do love hanging out at the Psytrance stage

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Got the Cirez D/Dj Drumcode show this Saturday and then going to the Dj Maddog/Anime and Rebekah shows the weekend after. Soo excited to get my Techno and Hardcore fix

Damn. Maddog and Anime?! That's going to be a fucking riot. Have fun man. The small ass venue that I talked about 2 months ago had a Hardcore area and man...... There was literally only me and about 2-3 other people dancing our asses off. I can't imagine how it would be like with hundreds of people hakkening it up to Maddog and Anime, lol. Super jealous.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Drumcode live from WHP Nov 9th just went live, hour only though. One of the best night I've veer been too and probably the first time in a few years I've gon straight through to 5AM.

Amelie Lens is queen.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Cristoph and then Cirez D x Adam Beyer. Phew.

I'm not the biggest fan of techno but that was an amazing night. Dreamstate today! I cannot fucking wait for System F. Praise Ferry for reviving Gouryella and now System F. Goddamn

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Left the Cirez D/Dj Drumcode show an hour early to catch the Drumcell/Truncate/Dj Hyperactive show. Sooooo worth it

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
i just love mau5trap. always loved deadmau5 and the new talent is up my alley. No Mana, i_o, rezz, blackgummy, getter, attlas and etc.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Guys. Gareth Emerys Laserface show is so legit if you enjoy his music. The lasers actually added so much emotion to the show. And no I wasn't on drugs haha. I'm a big fan of modern trance though so maybe it's not for everyone.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. San Holo killed it. Packed place where he was at. Got back about 30 minutes ago and he played all his classics and some tracks from his latest album.

I'm very surprised to learn that Minneapolis was the first place to let San Holo start his first tour. I'm very proud to be from Minnesota tonight lol. In case some of y'all might not know either Minneapolis was one of the very first places to book Yellow Claw and Skrillex when they were first starting out. Go Minnesota :P