• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mr stroke

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Best dance recording
  • "Northern Soul," Above & Beyond Featuring Richard Bedford
  • "Ultimatum," Disclosure (Featuring Fatoumata Diawara)
  • "Losing It," Fisher
  • "Electricity," Silk City & Dua Lipa Featuring Diplo & Mark Ronson
  • "Ghost Voices," Virtual Self
Best dance album
  • Singularity – Jon Hopkins
  • Woman Worldwide – Justice
  • Treehouse – Sofi Tukker
  • Oil of Every Pearl's Un-Insides – SOPHIE
  • Lune Rouge – TOKiMONSTA
Best remixed recording
  • "Audio (CID Remix)" — CID, remixer (LSD)
  • "How Long (EDX's Dubai Skyline Remix)" — Maurizio Colella, remixer (Charlie Puth)
  • "Only Road (Cosmic Gate Remix") — Stefan Bossems & Claus Terhoeven, remixers (Gabriel & Dresden Featuring Sub Teal)
  • "Stargazing (Kaskade Remix)" — Kaskade, remixer (Kygo Featuring Justin Jesso)
  • "Walking Away (Mura Masa Remix)" — Alex Crossan, remixer (Haim)

.....Stunned that FISHER got a nom

Deleted member 10908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Best dance recording
  • "Losing It," Fisher
Best dance album
Best remixed recording
  • "How Long (EDX's Dubai Skyline Remix)" — Maurizio Colella, remixer (Charlie Puth)
  • "Only Road (Cosmic Gate Remix") — Stefan Bossems & Claus Terhoeven, remixers (Gabriel & Dresden Featuring Sub Teal)

Oh shit good for him, met him a couple of weeks ago really cool dude.
Also great news for Porter even though i dont dig the virtual self sfuff that much.
Surprised to see Tokimonsta and mura masa on this list

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Well..... Cosmic Gate was damn good. Venue was small as hell because it was a basement, sold out show, and the music was good.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Somehow I missed the fact that Lane8 uploaded his winter mix. Like how he starts the whole thing off with a dope ass Virtual Self remix.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Well.... I caved in and bought Snowta tickets. Hopefully Skrillex blows my mind. Fuck it, I'll also see how Mello is live 🤷 Might as well try and enjoy both days as much as I can even if I'm not a fan of the headliners.

Mainly going for Myst but I don't know which night he's playing so that's cool. If I miss out on Myst that's going to make me real upset lol.

Oct 30, 2017
I was wondering, what would I find in the electronic music thread? I have always been a trance fan. My wife got me to open up a bit and now I am all over the place (Dubstep, Disco, House, Synthwave, etc.) I usually just go diving through soundcloud and enjoy most of what I hear but I have never really understood the genre classifications. I just went forward thinking that everything was fluid since most of the people that I listen to are promoting and making music that tends be whatever genre the set calls for. I figured that EDM was just a catch-all for everything.

Now I see that some electronic music falls outside of EDM? What is that? My only guess is the stuff that is less melody focused stuff like what you would find on the Hospital radio station in Forza Horizon, but again, I am not sure I just assumed that it was all EDM.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Well.... It is now a catch-all word for anything you hear on the radio that at least has some Dance music influences to it. Some people refer to it as Big Room (Hardwell, Nicky Romero, Afrojack, etc.) while some, like I said, use it as a term for everything that encompasses the Electronic Dance Music scene: House, Dubstep, Trap, Trance, DnB, Techno (although there are some people that heavily distance themselves from EDM because of the stigma for the crowds it brings), Hard Dance, etc.

I tend to identify what I'm listening to instead of using EDM because it makes it easier for me lol.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Best dance recording
  • "Losing It," Fisher
Best dance album
Best remixed recording

I'm so, so, so happy seeing names like Above & Beyond, Richard Bedford, Gabriel & Dresden, and Cosmic Gate on a Grammy nomination list in any capacity.

mr stroke

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
ok ERA... Its that time of year again

lets hear it-

Top 3

-Album

-Track

-Event (Festival/Night out/Set you heard live)

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I have seriously been lacking in the albums front since I've switched almost entirely to podcasts.

Top 3 tracks for me (how often I listened to them):

1. We Are The Fallen - Sub Zero Project x Phuture Noize
The combination of SZP's kicks with Phuture Noize's melodies and along with the vocals make this one of my favorite Hard Dance tracks of 2018.
2. Get It Crackin (Sefa Remix) - Re-Style
I had no idea what Frenchcore was until this track and even though it was played almost everywhere, it did introduce me to Sefa and the world of Frenchcore.
3. Yesterday - Atmozfears & Demi Kanon
Two Euphoric Hardstyle producers coming together again to make another banger.

Top 3 sets/performances:

1. San Holo at The Skyway Theater.
His show was crazy fun and filled with tons of his hits and he shreds on the guitar.
2. Coone at Tomorrowland Mainstage.
I mean..... It doesn't get more monumental than this for the Hardstyle scene. Played a good set that the mainstage crowd actually enjoyed.
3. Junkie Kid w/ Lady Faith at The Skyway Theater.
This one is obvious because this was literally my first Hard Dance concert and it also helped that the people who did show up (less than 50 Hardstylers showed up lol) were awesome people.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I don't see the problem then, go after work lol
Easier said than done, lol.

6381987C-E224-F507-6BF2A0B307C88C0B.jpeg

I have no idea where that place is.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017

lets hear it-

Top 3

-Album

-Track

I've been sitting here for 10 minutes trying to come up with a list for this. It's impossible. I can't choose top 3 because I get so obsessed with a song at any given moment. There's been way too many throughout the year lol

Event though...not sure of order
Gareth Emery's Laserface
Seven Lions Chronicles 2 Tour
Odesza A Moment Apart Tour

But the years not over. I still have Said The Sky, 2 days of OMFG, and Illenium NYE :D

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017

lets hear it-

Top 3

-Album

-Track

Albums-
Dax J- No Redemption
Stigmata- Paraspectral
Various Artist- Thunderdome Die Hard III

Tracks-
KRTM- Purple Fucking Head
Charlotte De Witte- Heart of Mine
Dax J- No Redemption

Events-
Helena Hauff at Movement
SNTS at a warehouse in LA
Drumcell at Observe01

mr stroke

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Albums-
1-Gorgon City-Escape
2-Yotto-HyperFall
3-Claptone-Fantast

Tracks-
1-Breathe-CamelPhat & Christoph
2-We get high from the music-Mark Knight & Mr V
3-Restless-Hot Since 82

Events-
1-Adam Beyer vs Cirez D-WMC Miami secret warehouse party
2-Yotto-Holy Ship!
3-Jamie XX-OutsideLands SF

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I figured that Skrillex would put a bunch of genres into his set at The Armory. Some good Hard Dance shit. Some Psy Trance. A little bit of Festival Prog House. The rest is all Dubstep along with the new Kingdom Hearts theme.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
The trance lineup could have been better considering there's a dreamstate stage. Oh well, I just need seven lions

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Anyone here listens to hardcore/frenchcore/uptempo? It's becoming bigger and bigger, especially with Angerfist at the forefront.

Naturally, with hardstyle introducing some harder beats to the mainstream, hardcore is the next step.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Ferry Corsten this Friday and then Jason Ross with No Mana on Feb 1st. Not bad. I'm most excited to see No Mana. I've already seen Ferry plenty of times and since Jason Ross isn't or never really has been on my Radar ill just go in with no expectations and see how it goes.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Ferry Corsten this Friday and then Jason Ross with No Mana on Feb 1st. Not bad. I'm most excited to see No Mana. I've already seen Ferry plenty of times and since Jason Ross isn't or never really has been on my Radar ill just go in with no expectations and see how it goes.
Had the chance to see Ferry live at Ultra Europe a couple of years ago. Good stuff. Hopefully we get him this year as well and hopefully he'll be on a smaller stage. The mainstage at Ultra is becoming a bit too much for me. Much rather hang around and vibe with Carl Cox and the like on a smaller stage. You can even make small talk with people, imagine that! lol

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Had the chance to see Ferry live at Ultra Europe a couple of years ago. Good stuff. Hopefully we get him this year as well and hopefully he'll be on a smaller stage. The mainstage at Ultra is becoming a bit too much for me. Much rather hang around and vibe with Carl Cox and the like on a smaller stage. You can even make small talk with people, imagine that! lol
I really want to go to a Resistance with Carl Cox and adam beyer. I love a lot of genres and one of my top fav is Techno. But i don't want to deal with ultra and i'd have to travel far for any other event since i live in CO T_T....

Ferry will be at this club called The Church (which is actually in a church that was built a long time ago i guess)

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
I really want to go to a Resistance with Carl Cox and adam beyer. I love a lot of genres and one of my top fav is Techno. But i don't want to deal with ultra and i'd have to travel far for any other event since i live in CO T_T....

Ferry will be at this club called The Church (which is actually in a church that was built a long time ago i guess)
Ultra Europe is a 45min ferry(lol) ride from my place so I can't avoid it. But full 3 days is a long time so I like to hang around the more relaxed stages. The Resistance stage is great and it takes you from Split and around some islands. I get a discount every year from some people so I like to attend it, if I find the time.

I listen to everything EDM but in cycles if that makes sense. Lately I've been into hardcore as mentioned above and would like to go to Defqon 1 or Qlimax soon.

Hardcore has a special place in my heart since my older sibling had like a bunch of hardcore records and he banged that shit on the daily so it stuck with me. It's not for everyone, that I can say.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Ultra Europe is a 45min ferry(lol) ride from my place so I can't avoid it. But full 3 days is a long time so I like to hang around the more relaxed stages. The Resistance stage is great and it takes you from Split and around some islands. I get a discount every year from some people so I like to attend it, if I find the time.

I listen to everything EDM but in cycles if that makes sense. Lately I've been into hardcore as mentioned above and would like to go to Defqon 1 or Qlimax soon.

Hardcore has a special place in my heart since my older sibling had like a bunch of hardcore records and he banged that shit on the daily so it stuck with me. It's not for everyone, that I can say.
right, i'd really like to experience a defqon 1 one day too! I go through cycles too but have a few i really stick to. That is why i reallly enjoy "edm" since there are so many sounds/moods that you can just tap into really quickly and deep dive into it and whatever sub-genre it may have under.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
right, i'd really like to experience a defqon 1 one day too! I go through cycles too but have a few i really stick to. That is why i reallly enjoy "edm" since there are so many sounds/moods that you can just tap into really quickly and deep dive into it and whatever sub-genre it may have under.

Yeah there is something for everyone and for every mood. It's true for music in general. One day I'll listen to rap the next I'll listen to fucking swing music from 60 years ago. As for EDM, I stick to mostly trance and hardcore since that's the genres I grew up on.

Happy Hardcore is on the top of my bucket list tho. But I have no clue where it would be played and that it isn't an one-off gig. Stuff like Wigan Pier, Critical Mass, Party Animals, Paul Elstak, Hixxy...

Maybe The Netherlands would be my best bet of finding a festival like that.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Yeah there is something for everyone and for every mood. It's true for music in general. One day I'll listen to rap the next I'll listen to fucking swing music from 60 years ago. As for EDM, I stick to mostly trance and hardcore since that's the genres I grew up on.

Happy Hardcore is on the top of my bucket list tho. But I have no clue where it would be played and that it isn't an one-off gig. Stuff like Wigan Pier, Critical Mass, Party Animals, Paul Elstak, Hixxy...

Maybe The Netherlands would be my best bet of finding a festival like that.

We have Hixxy and Scott Brown playing a foam party here in AZ later this year, should be a fun time lol

InspectaDekka

Banned
Jan 4, 2019
Only really listen to tracks but I have to say for 2018, these were the best 3 EDM songs I heard:

1) Julie McDermott - Don't Go (Gerd Janson Rework)
2) Amelie Lens - Never the Same
3) Krystal Klear - Neutron Dance

Shoutouts to Chemical Brother with Free Yourself too.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Oh yeah I'm def not missing it. We use to have a good hard dance scene here in AZ but its died a bit since everyone is either into Dubstep of House/Tech-House shit. I remember when we used to get fire lineups like this
HTID_Weekender_Poster-e1440547435717.jpg
Holy shit that's an amazing lineup. Even more amazing it's in the USA. I would not have expected it to be that popular there. I'm very tied down with my tourism business here in Croatia so even in the summer It's a bit hard to visit events around Europe. As I've mentioned Ultra Europe is very close so I'm there every year as well as on Hard Island which is a god-sent.

Hard Island is pretty decent

flyer_1.jpg