• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone here listens to hardcore/frenchcore/uptempo? It's becoming bigger and bigger, especially with Angerfist at the forefront.

Naturally, with hardstyle introducing some harder beats to the mainstream, hardcore is the next step.

Saw angerfist at Escape and lovvvved it, I've been getting really into him lately. Knock Knock is such a banger.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Y'all talking about seeing Ferry live when I got to see his special System F set at Dreamstate last year. Heaven

So many shows! Jason Ross next week, Chris Lake x Fisher, Virtual Self, Jai Wolf, Manila Killa, and now Anjuanbeats just announced a 2 day spectacular in LA with 2 all-star lineups. Why can't people stop touring to save me money??

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Y'all talking about seeing Ferry live when I got to see his special System F set at Dreamstate last year. Heaven

So many shows! Jason Ross next week, Chris Lake x Fisher, Virtual Self, Jai Wolf, Manila Killa, and now Anjuanbeats just announced a 2 day spectacular in LA with 2 all-star lineups. Why can't people stop touring to save me money??

Lol that set solid out in like 2 seconds flat. Ever Fisher show I've seen has been the most packed set at the venue. It's gonna be crazy

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here listens to hardcore/frenchcore/uptempo? It's becoming bigger and bigger, especially with Angerfist at the forefront.

Naturally, with hardstyle introducing some harder beats to the mainstream, hardcore is the next step.

tenor.gif

I've been getting into the harder styles of Hard Dance music since last year mainly thanks to Kutski, Sefa, and Angerfist.

The only Hardcore artist that's mainstream and is coming here is Gammer and he's touring with Excision. Gammer is Happy Hardcore though.

I do have this to go to next month:

50224096_2134437886599794_4659605629973823488_n.jpg

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Phuture Noize is a great fresh hardstyle talent. His collab with Ran-D goes hard and was IMO the best hardstyle track of 2017. He's been killing it last few years

I've been getting into the harder styles of Hard Dance music since last year mainly thanks to Kutski, Sefa, and Angerfist.

The only Hardcore artist that's mainstream and is coming here is Gammer and he's touring with Excision. Gammer is Happy Hardcore though.

I do have this to go to next month:

50224096_2134437886599794_4659605629973823488_n.jpg

I love Sefa. He's sometimes too hype on the stage lol but it shows the passion. Future of frenchcore

Last edited:

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Trice Phuture Noize, and I would like to mention Myst, are the future of the scene. Both are great producers that are pushing the sounds of Hardstyle with their Rawstyle backgrounds. Willem is definitely pushing Sound Rush and Sefa as the future too. I'm very surprised to see Willem support a Frenchcore artist while I'm not surprised he is pushing Sound Rush since they sound more like what a future Project One would sound like.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Yeah Trice Phuture Noize, and I would like to mention Myst, are the future of the scene. Both are great producers that are pushing the sounds of Hardstyle with their Rawstyle backgrounds. Willem is definitely pushing Sound Rush and Sefa as the future too. I'm very surprised to see Willem support a Frenchcore artist while I'm not surprised he is pushing Sound Rush since they sound more like what a future Project One would sound like.
I must mention The Whistlers who have really developed their own unique style. Can't get enough of them. They're Spanish so most of their tracks have some catchy Spanish melodies which nicely fit hardcore/frenchcore.

As for the absolute FATTEST kicks in the game, look no further than NSD. Coincidentally from the same city and country as the Whistlers and the dude is only 22. Spain really pumping out some good shit.

Last edited:

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
90% big room techno and tech house with a little prog thrown in. Where's the Industrial, Dub, people who play monster acid sets, experimental, Berghain residents, people who mix in EBM or Electro, or any of the DJs from Detroit that literally invented Techno

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
saaaame

I think my wishlist would look something like
1. ADE
2. Awakenings
3. Thunderdome or Rotterdam Rave
4. Defqon
5. Tomorrowland

mr stroke

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
90% big room techno and tech house with a little prog thrown in. Where's the Industrial, Dub, people who play monster acid sets, experimental, Berghain residents, people who mix in EBM or Electro, or any of the DJs from Detroit that literally invented Techno

I mean...... that is a big room....at Ultra....in a Techno arena ?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

MUST DIE!
already delivers a strong contender for one of the tunes of the year. Very interesting mixture of genres and sounds. Won't be a song for everybody but I really dig it personally.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Been spinning the new EP by Kompany a decent amount this past 10 days or so. Masterfully produced deep wobbles on this tune. Great atmosphere, second drop delivers too.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Just got back from seeing SayMyName here in colorado. Absolutely amazing. Of course if you like trap with a dabble of hardstyle and house. this has me so hyped for EDC. (its when i seen him the first time waiting for GTA, he played before him. so glad i did)

Oct 30, 2017
I miss shows. I have yet to check and see who stops in portland. It is just so damn dirty and hard to get parking that I rarely go out since I got here. I think that Anujabeats could get me out there, though.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
O word I found this thread.

Never really was into EDM outside of a few popular songs. Big Daft Punk fan, loved Fatboy Slim, and listened to a lot of Drum n Bass kind of stuff (pendulum/prodigy)

Girlfriend has been getting me into it. I'm still pretty picky over the stuff I'll listen to as an every day thing. Obviously at a festival/concert I can jam to pretty much anything. Helps when you aren't sober lol. But the harder bass stuff all sounds the same to me when I listen to it normally.

Currently on my phone I have
Big Wild
Big Gigantic
Griz
Flamingiosis
TroyBoi
Clozee
A-Trak
Sofi Tukker

Been to Electric Forest 2nd Weekend 2017
Okeechobee 2018 (RIP Okee)
Freaky Deaky Houston 2018
Camp Nowhere Houston 2018

Will be going to Bonaroo
Above and Beyond Group Therapy Weekender at the Gorge

Anyone from the Seattle Area? We just moved here and are trying to look into "the scene."

I was also looking into Summer Meltdown.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone from the Seattle Area? We just moved here and are trying to look into "the scene."
Yup.

Q and Kremwerk are probably your big clubs to check out, but they bring a lot of less-popular/more-underground acts. Aston Manor occasionally. There's also The Underground in Pioneer Square if you're into trance, although they occasionally dabble in other stuff if the DJ has some crossover (like Max Graham).

USC is the big promoter in town, they do festivals at the Gorge/WaMu Theater/Showbox/Tacoma Dome. Their event quality is hit-and-miss since they don't have any real competition (frequently have long lines to get in, etc.).

Listen to C89.5 on the radio because it's one of the few dance-music-only stations in the country, it's awesome, and it's run almost entirely by high school students learning about radio. Oh, and practically no commercials - they are funded by donations.

There used to be a third club, Foundation, that worked with USC and would bring in a lot of the more popular acts, but... well...

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Everytime I hear Fisher it just sounds like a typical Dirtybird set. It seems like everyone I know going to Coachella is most hyped for him.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of Fisher, just saw him and Chris Lake b2b tonight and it was actually very good. Just a lot of house music and almost techno vibes. Very cool

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup.

Q and Kremwerk are probably your big clubs to check out, but they bring a lot of less-popular/more-underground acts. Aston Manor occasionally. There's also The Underground in Pioneer Square if you're into trance, although they occasionally dabble in other stuff if the DJ has some crossover (like Max Graham).

USC is the big promoter in town, they do festivals at the Gorge/WaMu Theater/Showbox/Tacoma Dome. Their event quality is hit-and-miss since they don't have any real competition (frequently have long lines to get in, etc.).

Listen to C89.5 on the radio because it's one of the few dance-music-only stations in the country, it's awesome, and it's run almost entirely by high school students learning about radio. Oh, and practically no commercials - they are funded by donations.

There used to be a third club, Foundation, that worked with USC and would bring in a lot of the more popular acts, but... well...

I looked up Q and it seems most of their good stuff is on Thursdays which.... would be rough for me. I am aware of USC. We were excited to go to Paradiso this year (where the fuck is their lineup by the way) but Bonnaroo was the same weekend and our friends chose that as our festival this year.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
that song is fire though. lol smh
that's the type of person you meet at an event that talks about how bad the dj who's playing is.

Last edited:

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't even got any beef with the song. I'd probably be just as excited to see any other dirtybird act and for whatever reason I see hella hype for Fisher.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Digging Will Atkinson's set on WAO138.

Maybe i'm just jaded but even Armin's 138 sets just don't do much for me anymore.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest, and most of y'all have known this already, but anything below 150 is just..... Still fun but it just doesn't do it for me anymore. It has to be really special to catch my attention.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Just saw 999999999 in LA over the weekend, they played 5 hours of nonstop Acid and Industrial Techno. It was rave heaven

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
damn, allison wonderland just announced her first headline debut at red rocks here. sept.

edit: already sold out within 48 hours. nice! happy for her.

Last edited:

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing Pig & Dan tonight. Not really feeling like going to the club, but I'll be alright once I get out there. Never been to this place before and I want to support Drumcode coming to Seattle :P