• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Where's the Ultra sets at?
Don't know but here's Armin's extended 3.5 hour set due to Prydz being sick. It's pretty damn great if you ask me. People LOVE to hate on Armin and his lack of trance but the dude knows what he's doing. He's just playing the fields and getting as much appeal as possible while still being faithful to trance. Can't blame him for that

Also I've been reading up on all of the newly released interviews with Avicii's friends and family. It's so goddamn depressing. I went down the Youtube rabbit hole last night watching all of the tributes I could find from other DJs. I was surprised to find nothing from Ultra 2019, which would have been his first since his death, other than a mural someone made.

mr stroke

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Back from Miami and had a blast. Of all my years of parties I have never made it to Space Miami (usually too tired) but this year we did the old people party move. Sleep all night, wake up at 4am, hit the gym, breakfast, then head down to Space at 6am. Holy shit what a club.

Watched Chris Leibing play the darkest techno set I've ever heard him play. Then watched Maceo Plex & Tale of Us b2b until I couldn't stand any more. That terrace is fucking hilarity in the day light. Straight up The Walking Dead in there, people chewing on their jaw and going hard all day lol

Cz4DDFe.jpg

Amazing club, can't wait to go back next year.

Now to sleep for a week straight until Coachella next weekend :p

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Back from Miami and had a blast. Of all my years of parties I have never made it to Space Miami (usually too tired) but this year we did the old people party move. Sleep all night, wake up at 4am, hit the gym, breakfast, then head down to Space at 6am. Holy shit what a club.

Watched Chris Leibing play the darkest techno set I've ever heard him play. Then watched Maceo Plex & Tale of Us b2b until I couldn't stand any more. That terrace is fucking hilarity in the day light. Straight up The Walking Dead in there, people chewing on their jaw and going hard all day lol

Cz4DDFe.jpg

Im jelly

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017

Cz4DDFe.jpg

Living the dream.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I see nobody talked about Dog Blood's first official release in like 5 years. The sound design of this track is mental.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
They're going to need Radical Redemption for some loud ass Rawstyle that's for sure.

Gunz for Hire, Radical Redemption, Digital Punk, Public Enemies, and Greazy Puzzy Fuckerz.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
lol I'm not holding by breath for Insomniac to book GPF, the rest I could see for sure. but yeah I'm hoping for some decent Raw and Hardcore acts

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
lol I'm not holding by breath for Insomniac to book GPF, the rest I could see for sure. but yeah I'm hoping for some decent Raw and Hardcore acts

Lol. What's wrong with booking GPF?!

You're right though. I'm expecting the mainstream folks:

Anime, Angerfist, Miss K8, and for some cheesiness they would get Darren Styles and Gammer. Maybe Kutski.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Was looking at the Coachella live stream schedule and I was surprised to see Kayzo closing tonight. Didn't realize he was that popular.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Nice.

I live super close to the NOS, so depending on the lineup, I have no excuse to not go, really.

All I really want to see are Noisecontrollers and a few Dutch hardcore acts, though.
How close? Can I park at your place when I go to NOS ^_^

Pretty excited to see Charlotte de Witte tonight!!!!!!!!
How was she?! Seeing her on Thursday in a pretty small club. I'm 100% going to push my way to the front so I can dance with her

How close? Can I park at your place when I go to NOS ^_^

Well, I'm close enough for a relatively cheap Uber, but definitely not close enough to walk, heh.

Is parking normally pretty nasty there?

Oh, and I'm majorly jealous of all you folks seeing Charlotte on Thursday. But, Thursday nights in Hollywood would not bode well for my job performance the next day.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Well, I'm close enough for a relatively cheap Uber, but definitely not close enough to walk, heh.

Oh, and I'm majorly jealous of all you folks seeing Charlotte on Thursday. But, Thursday nights in Hollywood would not bode well for my job performance the next day.

lol I would not park near the NOS center unless you want your car broken into

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017

lol I would not park near the NOS center unless you want your car broken into
There are reports of cars being broken into even in the paid insomniac parking lot right next to the venue. I've been going for 9 years now without a single issue and ive always just parked up the street, north of NOS past the taco place. Need to knock on some wood tonight lol

Edit: and take a sick day! Charlotte is worth it. So hyped. Gonna be amazing in that venue too

mr stroke

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Charlotte de Witte killing it on the Yuma Tent stream

She was great W1. Really hammered it out. Probably my 3rd fave set last weekend. My Fav set in there all weekend was Idris Elba. Totally blown away last weekend. Had no clue what to expect. But he brought a slamming mix of Tech House/Garage and couple classic tracks. So good

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
In case some of y'all might not know:

Knew he was a DJ but didn't know he also produces his own music. Give me more of this instead of the Shaqs and Hiltons please!

InspectaDekka

Banned
Jan 4, 2019
Guys...I'm looking for some EDM recommendations:

Basically I want to listen to some new stuff because I find myself listening to a lot of 90s/00s stuff and I feel like I want to move on

The thing is though to me, popular EDM seems utter dogshit. I hate all that post-Avicci Pepsi commercial sounding crap that assholes who take pills enjoy and I really hate all the alternative stuff that's popular like Bassline (songs like Losing It)

I really like proper lounge, almost funkier types of things that don't feature drops that much but I also love some proper industrial sounding stuff too

In terms of recent favourites, I love Amelie Lenz' Basiel EP and Gerd Jansons' Don't Go rework. Neutron Dance was also a favourite of mine last year.

I'm super into Daft Punk, Basement Jaxx, 808 State, Aphex Twin and Underworld

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL

Basically I want to listen to some new stuff because I find myself listening to a lot of 90s/00s stuff and I feel like I want to move on

The thing is though to me, popular EDM seems utter dogshit. I hate all that post-Avicci Pepsi commercial sounding crap that assholes who take pills enjoy and I really hate all the alternative stuff that's popular like Bassline (songs like Losing It)

I really like proper lounge, almost funkier types of things that don't feature drops that much but I also love some proper industrial sounding stuff too

In terms of recent favourites, I love Amelie Lenz' Basiel EP and Gerd Jansons' Don't Go rework. Neutron Dance was also a favourite of mine last year.

DJ wise, you'd probably like Nicole Moudaber and Eats Everything.

https://soundcloud.com/avidmuzikfan/nicole-moudaber-live-ultra-music-festival-miami-2017

For funkier lounge stuff, try out the Norwegian acts Todd Terje and Bjørn Torske. Neither are really new (especially Bjorn), but I didn't see you mention them in the post - get them a listen!

Otherwise, I'm old and out of touch, so I'm looking forward to see some of the responses here.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017

Some of my fav recent fav Industrial and dark Techno sets

https://soundcloud.com/paulatemple/paula-temple-at-katharsis-2018
https://soundcloud.com/theforgottenrec/the-forgotten-158
https://soundcloud.com/thebrvtalistxx/new-brvtalism-no-177-ma-cka
https://soundcloud.com/perc/perc-unpolished-2019