• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
maslexxhaulh.jpg

Hi! Welcome to our little corner of the internet, we talk about EDM here in all shapes and forms. Feel free to share any cool music you've found, talk about any shows you've been to recently, etc etc. We're always looking for new music to hear & new people to meet so don't hesitate to jump in!

Discussion here is pretty loose. While this is an EDM thread, quite a bit of just general electronic music gets posted in here. The only thing to note is that we do ask that users respect everyone's different tastes in music. We definitely critique music in here and have discussions centered around that, but just be sure keep it respectful & constructive.

Discord
We have a Discord channel that is used for general chatting as well as to arrange meetups for concerts/club events/festivals. Let us know if you want to join in and we'll get you an invite.

Alternative Threads
As mentioned we talk about all forms of electronic music, but if you're looking for something a little more focused on the "underground" be sure to check out this thread.

Electronic Music |OT| Alternative clubbing in dark alleys

Last edited:

SwiftSweeper

Oct 25, 2017
Sup guys! I am more into Deep House, House, and Techno. I love going clubbing. I recently moved to NYC. I would love Discord invite. :)

OP
OP
Aomber

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
First music to share! Porter Robinson released a track under a brand new alias. Very DDRish, not surprised to see that since DDR is where he first got inspired to make music. It's pretty cool, I could see this absolutely going off in one of his shows.

VIRTUAL SELF - EON BREAK (Official Music Video)

Sup guys! I am more into Deep House, House, and Techno. I love going clubbing. I recently moved to NYC. I would love Discord invite. :)
DM'd!

OP
OP
Aomber

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I think the current trends in Hardstyle are:

The addition of adding more Trance like elements ie Schranz and Psy Trance, etc.
The addition of adding more Rawstyle like kicks into a "normal" Hardstyle track.

At least it's some moves into making the genre better.

If there is one duo I have to tell you guys to keep an eye on it has to be Sub Zero Project.

OP
OP
Aomber

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
Selena Gomez, Marshmello - Wolves (Visualizer)

Yikes. I think music like this is why Selena gets a rough reputation, when she's good she's great, but this is really mediocre. She's the best part of this track but I dunno man, just not a fan of how robotic Mello's music tends to sound.

Edit: Found out another producer named Andrew Watt worked on this, who's a regular collaborator of Selena's, prior to bringing Marshmello into the project. Explains the verses of the song which don't sound like Marshmello at all

Last edited:

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bummer I made a thread to talk about Porter Robinson's new VIRTUAL SELF project because I knew there were quite a few Porter fans on GAF. Looks like they haven't made it over yet though as its gotten no replies :-(

OP
OP
Aomber

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
RL Grime - Era

How did you not put this in the OP???

Also can't wait for that fucking Halloween Mix coming tomorrow!!!!!

what up EDMera
Yo! Good to see you made your way here I tried hitting you up on that other site but you were already banned haha

I've seen this before, Joel said once on his stream that he got asked by BT to produce a track for him.

To be honest though I have a hard time believing he doesn't produce, a quick look at his social media would show his extensive knowledge on the subject

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aomber

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
Calvin Harris' 18 Months is five years old today.

Hall of Fame dance album
Still love many of the songs on that album to this day, too many classics to name. He deserves all the success he has coming at him. I feel like he's managed to keep his music really true to himself through all of it too, I wasn't the biggest fan of Funk Wav Bounces vol 1 but I could tell it was genuine and there's some great songs on it.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Calvin Harris' 18 Months is five years old today.

Hall of Fame dance album

*chef kiss* absolutely one of the most iconic dance albums, and it really set a standard in how EDM artists collaborate.

One of my most prized possessions is a vinyl copy of Bounce. That song is genuinely one of my favorite tunes of all time.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Nice see EDM moved too, lurked a lot, just missing TranceERA now, but it's probably redundant :D

Anyways, I'm enjoying this album a lot for a mor prog vibes on lazy sundays :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3KFqVI-qus

Btw, anyone know if something happened with DI.FM?

I noticed some channels are not "live" anymore, but just put random tracks that resets every time you log in.

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
My next 2 months:

Horizon Tour with Seven Lions, Kill the Noise and Tritonal
No Redemption w/ Tchami & Malaa
Dreamstate with GAIA!!
Countdown with Porter and Deadmau5!

yay

OP
OP
Aomber

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
Nice see EDM moved too, lurked a lot, just missing TranceERA now, but it's probably redundant :D

Anyways, I'm enjoying this album a lot for a mor prog vibes on lazy sundays :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3KFqVI-qus

Btw, anyone know if something happened with DI.FM?

I noticed some channels are not "live" anymore, but just put random tracks that resets every time you log in.
This track is really chill, love it, gonna check out the rest of this. Not sure about di.fm

Good to see you here as well!

My next 2 months:

Dreamstate with GAIA!!

yay
Great lineup, enjoy

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At a recent little house party, someone equally trance nerdy and I went through a decade and a half (literally) old folder's worth of MP3s on my computer, almost exclusively gotten from browsing trance.nu and downloading anything that popped up or searching random ass searches on Napster and Kazaa.

Rediscovered some old goodies I loved which I'd not heard in many years:
Art of Trance - Madagascar
Circ - Destroy She Said
Fire & Ice - Souvenir de Chine
Mauro Picotto - Pulsar
Marc et Claude - Tremble
PPK - Love Unlimited
Sonorous - Protonic
Tranquility Base - Surrender

And a random 60 minute list called Crystal Tokyo by Tsushima Masaki that I always liked.

And an embarrassing amount of DJ Mystik, Ian van Dahl, Ayla, System F, and Lange. 15 year old tastes in 2002. DJ Mystik - Inspector Gadget. Wooooof.

ReconYoda

Lupe’s Angel
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My next 2 months:

Dreamstate with GAIA!!

yay

Jealous.Seven Lions and Kill The Noise are so amazing. Only things I have left in 2017 are Dubloadz, doctor p and Cookie Monsta.

tiesto

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY

Nice! Have you been to Output or Shimanski yet? Last night Output had a helluva lineup - both Danny Tenaglia and Danny Howells. :O

I'm in the NYC area and my favorites are deep and tech house as well. Regular at Electric Zoo but don't do the late night clubbing all that much anymore (maybe 2x a year?). Being 35, working a traditional 9-5 and living an hour away makes it a bit tough :P

Favorite artists nowadays:
-Bicep
-Gorgon City
-Lane8
-Jody Wisternoff/Way Out West
-Maceo Plex
-Dusky
-Camelphat
-Yotto
-Sebastian Davidson
-Grum
-Claptone

OP
OP
Aomber

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
Nice! Have you been to Output or Shimanski yet? Last night Output had a helluva lineup - both Danny Tenaglia and Danny Howells. :O

I'm in the NYC area and my favorites are deep and tech house as well. Regular at Electric Zoo but don't do the late night clubbing all that much anymore (maybe 2x a year?). Being 35, working a traditional 9-5 and living an hour away makes it a bit tough :P

-Bicep
-Gorgon City
-Lane8
-Maceo Plex
-Dusky
-Camelphat
-Yotto
-Sebastian Davidson
-Grum
-Claptone
Your icon is making me wanna pick up Tales of Vesperia again

jambo

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone follow Roger Shah?

I've always loved his balearic mixes and his more laid pack stuff like Sunlounger and the like, and he just put out a new album in that vein.

m5y4RXSl.png

High Noon at Salinas - Beach Grooves, Vol. 1

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone follow Roger Shah?

I've always loved his balearic mixes and his more laid pack stuff like Sunlounger and the like, and he just put out a new album in that vein.

m5y4RXSl.png

High Noon at Salinas - Beach Grooves, Vol. 1
Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. Sunny Tales and Beach Side of Life lifted me through many a law school study session.

23qwerty

Oct 27, 2017
How about that new Porter Robinson project

Love it personally but it probably isn't for everyone

Also I guess not really "EDM" but it's Porter Robinson

New EP from Fox Stevenson, a Kill the Noise x Seven Lions collab... it's been a good few days

mr stroke

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

-Bicep
-Gorgon City
-Lane8
-Maceo Plex
-Dusky
-Camelphat
-Yotto
-Sebastian Davidson
-Grum
-Claptone

fuck, we should be best friends :o

You literally have my top 10 list as your faves lol

Going to see Claptone on Halloween !!!!!!!

Bullshooter

Oct 27, 2017
How about that new Porter Robinson project

Love it personally but it probably isn't for everyone

Also I guess not really "EDM" but it's Porter Robinson

New EP from Fox Stevenson, a Kill the Noise x Seven Lions collab... it's been a good few days

I love this throwback to 2000's hardcore/trance stuff. I can imagine a stepchart for this running through my head.