• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Probably going to look into whatever RV situation they have for EDCLV next year. Hotel prices are just as high for that week, not including transportation and etc.

Anywho, i have a year to decide, but i'm already set on going for 2020 lol
A group that I've been going to shows and raves lately have been "making plans" to go to EDC next year. I'll see if they follow through with it or not lol.

Got a undergroundish Hard Dance event next week. Cash only, location will be revealed to people who contact them on Facebook (luckily my friends are on Facebook so they should know where to go). Hard Dance but more of a Freestyle event: DnB, Dubstep, Psy-Trance, Hardstyle, and Hardcore. The promoters just want 50+ people to show up to support this scene, and I hope they do!

Myself and DM already bought tickets LoL

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how cheap it is to rent an RV?

RV passes are dirt cheap themselves, compared to the absurd Camp EDC prices and the more absurd hotel prices

Lemme sleep in my own tent damnit.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
i heard that renting one from a company in LV is ridiculously lame. i have some friends planning now and they are asking for $1000 in damage insurance or deposit or whatever.

i might see what they have once they announce the rental rvs(airstreamers) ... probably be overkill but i spent about 1k on hotel/shuttle pass/uber this year T_T ...

i still gotta figure out some math
i have my ticket (400)
then ill need a camping pass (???)
then lodging that i def want to rent an RV or maaybe buddy up with one of my friends and pitch in to rent, but idk. less stress when i can just take care of stuff on my own.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think I'll ever camp for EDC. Having an actual bed in an air-conditioned room and an actual shower is too nice. Plus all the restaurants and stuff in the hotels.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Don't think I'll ever camp for EDC. Having an actual bed in an air-conditioned room and an actual shower is too nice. Plus all the restaurants and stuff in the hotels.
i did hotel/strip these last two years and i want to try and experience the camp edc stuff. thursday to monday of EDC. 10 min walk to and from the edc grounds, more sets at camp edc and etc. most of my time on the strip was sleeping/ getting something to eat and then getting ready for edc. buuut i do like the hotel shower, privacy, quietness and king mattress lol. its a tough choice to make!

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have you seen the Camp EDC set up?

My main issue is they DON'T let you slum it with your own gear. If you do camp EDC you are in these AC'd luxury pods.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
We're a bit too small, lol, so it's not active. Seems like the folks here go out clubbing and raving too much to be on the discord :P

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Just saw Marshmello live in vegas folks! At club Kaos, it was freakin lit everyone was bouncing around. It was amazeballs.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Remind me not to go fishing and drinking for half of the day before I go to a warehouse and start raving.

My very first actual underground rave. The police came on by. Can't shut us down piggies!

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Illeniums new shit with the live guitar incorporated is incredibly. Live instrumentation in electronic music is the best.

Saw him at the airport after Bonnaroo too

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going to this baby soon

Weekender_Lineup-4_5.jpg

AB-GTW-Flyer-1000x600.jpg

Gonna be my first time at the Gorge. Then in October, going to this, also at the Gorge.

Alchemy_Facebook_InvestorThumbnail_NewsFeedImage_1200x628_Static.jpg

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
The preview of the Gaia album is certainly not what I expected... cool as hell though, need to listen to the full stuff. Seems like Armin isn't going to push Gaia to be as trancey as before and get more of that Prydz inspiration.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for crossposting from the other EDM thread.

Anyone have suggestions for more sounds like Big Gigantic and Griz? Only ones I can think of is maybe Marvel Years/Manic Focus/Sunsquabi/Gramatik.

Big Wild might be my latest favorite producer but I also can't find anything that sounds like his stuff before his latest Superdream album. People have said its trap, but I don't really hear anything similar

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Greazy Puzzy Fuckerz continues to make bangers and hits, lol.

I'm..... Actually quite fond that there seems to be some companionship/affinity between Dubstep, DnB, and Hard Dance. Dubstyle was pretty cool though ngl.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm..... Actually quite fond that there seems to be some companionship/affinity between Dubstep, DnB, and Hard Dance. Dubstyle was pretty cool though ngl.

The dubstep scene changed a lot once it went out of the mainstream. Now it shares a lot with hardstyle and the likes, going for similar sounds with the producers that didn't move to other genres altogether.

Maybe I am just seeing things, but the daytime crowds at Defqon1 looked much smaller this year than in previous years. It would make sense, given they're in the middle of a heatwave.

The nighttime crowds looked just as large, though.
Actually, I've been confused - Defqon1 has a massive indoor stage, too? If so, what do they use it for?

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I am just seeing things, but the daytime crowds at Defqon1 looked much smaller this year than in previous years. It would make sense, given they're in the middle of a heatwave.

The nighttime crowds looked just as large, though.
Actually, I've been confused - Defqon1 has a massive indoor stage, too? If so, what do they use it for?

I didn't get a chance to actually watch the streams. Was a busy weekend for me with family stuff. I only caught parts of Angerfist's set and the crowd was big. Maybe it was the heat like you said if the day crowd was smaller than usual.

They do have an indoor stage but I too don't know what it's used for. Freestyle stage?

I didn't get a chance to actually watch the streams. Was a busy weekend for me with family stuff. I only caught parts of Angerfist's set and the crowd was big. Maybe it was the heat like you said if the day crowd was smaller than usual.

They do have an indoor stage but I too don't know what it's used for. Freestyle stage?

Yeah, maybe "much" is a bit exaggerated, but it looked noticeably smaller than years past, in my mind at least.

The indoor area looks quite large - just wondering if it had a special purpose!

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I used to really love deadmau5 in 2009-2012, but I've been into multiple artists they have signed up in mau5trap.

For instance..
Feed me
I_o
Eddie
No Mana
+More

Just bring me back to those younger days of mine and I love it.

I also have started to listen to Alison wonderland . She's a gem. Some of her lyrics and my depression were like on key.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I used to really love deadmau5 in 2009-2012, but I've been into multiple artists they have signed up in mau5trap.

For instance..
Feed me
I_o
Eddie
No Mana
+More

Just bring me back to those younger days of mine and I love it.

I also have started to listen to Alison wonderland . She's a gem. Some of her lyrics and my depression were like on key.

Feed Me used to be my jam so hard, still spin Feed Me's Big Adventure from time to time. Great sound, I wish more artists still worked on that sound.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone may care, I've been working on a very large playlist of my favourite EDM tunes. Bar a couple radio-friendly hits and electropop things (mostly there because produced by quality electro producers), it has mostly heavy basses, deep sounds, excellent sound designs and very peculiar drops. Given my personal preference it's mostly dubstep (from the UK scene of the last decade,the filthstep/electro house'd stuff from Skrilex onwards, the more modern riddim stuff, etc.), but there's also drum 'n' bass, electro house, trap, some big room, bits and pieces of hardstyle, a bit of moombahton and so on. Hundreds of these songs have a special meaning for me and I could not build such a playlist without my mind running towards them immediately. Main labels are probably Never Say Die, Disciple, OWSLA, UKF, Monstercat, a couple Spinnin' Records things and all the biggest players on the dubstep scene in particular.

I'm currently nearing 500 tracks and it's still growing. For reference, here's some of the most prolific names on the list: Bad Royale, Dodge & Fuski, Eptic, Jauz, Krimer, LAXX, Moody Good, MUST DIE!, Pegboard Nerds, Skrillex, Snails, Zomboy. Over 30 hours of hand-picked music so far, and the list is still growing, as I definitely expect it to reach 40 hours at least as I slowly go through my physical and digital collections, my YouTube or social media preferences, my saved stuff on Spotify, etc. etc..

Enough talking though, if you're into EDM with a preference for dubstep, chances are you'll find a lot of classics you remember in the playlist, but there's also plenty of relatively no name people with some unsuspecting bangers. Enjoy!

(I'm adding the songs as I think about them/find them in my collection, no order is built so the best way to enjoy it all is Shuffle)

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I'll add it whenever I can. I don't really use Spotify as much as I used to since I'm more of a podcast/episode kind of guy for Dance Music.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Gonna quote this relatively old post of yours, but I had the brilliant idea of listening to Greazy Puzzy Fuckerz' album for the first time at work. I am in a closed office so nobody hears it and nobody minds really, but it was not a good move in the sense that I was trying my hardest to not laugh hard at some of the idiocy (I have windows so I'd better not do that). Gloriously dumb but also damn harsh. Lovely stuff.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Btw new Skrillex and Knife Party EP out today. whatyearisit.jpg

Skrillex finally got around to release two long awaited IDs from sets of these past couple years. The most egregious has to be Fuji Opener, AKA Bollystep or Ping Pong, I know most of the fans have been craving for this one. I'd argue it's not necessarily the best version of it, but the mere fact it's out in an official studio version and even up on Spotify and such seems unreal as I've been listening to this tune for ages through leaks and stream qualities.

As a side note, I find it funny that another producer, Nasko, just released that uses the same "I'll be there for you" female vocal sample, except in this case it's less distorted than the one Skrillex is using in his track. I mean it's a fairly known sample, but still a funny coincidence nonetheless.

As fot the Knife Party EP, there's a bit of everything. Their usual "modern EDM is so bad amirite" jokes that are kinda getting old, stuff reminding of their older funkier stuff between Pendulum and early Knife Party, and a... legit dubstep banger? Not what I expected from Knife Party in 2019 but I'm absolutely not complaining.

Oh, there's also a new Modestep EP out there, but that one's less of a shocker because they've been largely active throughout the years, albeit their quality has been largely hit and miss after their storming debut. Nowadays they seem to have fully embraced that anybody and their grandma in dubstep is doing harsh riddim, so that's where they ventured too. Nothing groundbreaking but they know how to deliver raw power.

A fun moment in EDM, dubstep in particular for me.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
If I wasn't sleeping and dealing with pain in my feet I would have been able to see the live stream of Da Tweekaz dropping GPF to close their set. The madlads! They went and done did it. Memes have won.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017

Da Tweekaz, out of all the mainstream Hardstyle artists out there, have got to be the most easily digestible acts for mainstage. Goofy, corny remixes of anything and everything. Energetic. Tons of Reverse Bass. Most of all? They always come to party and have a damn good time.

Brennan Heart is possibly second place.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017

I don't care how you feel and/or think about Timmy Trumpet..... The fact that he's one of the biggest "djs" that can get a casual EDM crowd moving to Hard Dance should be applauded. His enthusiasm for the Hard Dance scene and trying to bring it to the bigger stage regardless of the diehards speaks volume.

The energy is unreal. Ghost produced and shit, but he brings the heat. And yes he did bring out Vitas. Yes that Vitas.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
I don't really care if you DJ or not but if you are not making music either than what do you even are? Basically a tummler who happens to stand in front of some DJM's (or rather jump on them) playing tomorrowland_2019_mix.wav.

It's kind of hilarious how mainstream this music has become. I'm in favor of getting rid of all elitism but I had to lie if I thought of Timmy Trumpet as a real artist, as in making his own music. Still if I was at that show I would have enjoyed it too because you're there to have fun and at least dude delivers on that.
can get a casual EDM crowd moving to Hard Dance should be applauded
What is so hard about that? Dance and house are the best genres for that, they're the closest to pop music. It would be way more difficult if he played dubstep or techno.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I legit have no clue what the differentiation is between electronic genres. I feel like putting labels on everything is kinda restricting and stupid.

Also Above and Beyond Group Therapy this weekend WooOooOOoooOO week cant end soon enough

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I legit have no clue what the differentiation is between electronic genres. I feel like putting labels on everything is kinda restricting and stupid.

Also Above and Beyond Group Therapy this weekend WooOooOOoooOO week cant end soon enough

I have a general idea of genres but some producers mix so many influences into one that it's just impossible to label at this point. Let's take LAXX for example, he started by mixing dubstep and trap in a peculiar way, then he also included future bass and glitch elements, along with some house beats. I'm not even trying to label the guy anymore, he's just doing what he likes and that's about it.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a general idea of genres but some producers mix so many influences into one that it's just impossible to label at this point. Let's take LAXX for example, he started by mixing dubstep and trap in a peculiar way, then he also included future bass and glitch elements, along with some house beats. I'm not even trying to label the guy anymore, he's just doing what he likes and that's about it.
It also creates some unneeded elitism with people claiming one is better than the other. Just listen to music you enjoy.

The only thing I like labels for is finding similar artists but even that isn't that great. I've even asked if anyone knows of anyone with a sound similar to Big Wild but none of their recommendations hit that itch.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
It also creates some unneeded elitism with people claiming one is better than the other. Just listen to music you enjoy.

The only thing I like labels for is finding similar artists but even that isn't that great. I've even asked if anyone knows of anyone with a sound similar to Big Wild but none of their recommendations hit that itch.

Totally Agree.
i've come across it with all types of people who only listen to a certain "genre" within electronic dance music (edm)

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
I'm not even trying to label the guy anymore
I mean it's stupid to label an artist to one specific genre anyway. What kind of artists makes the same music over and over again? They can make music in vastly different styles and that's fine.
I don't feel that way. I can see that if we are talking about, sub sub genres and stuff to the point where more categorization becomes completely arbitrary but I don't think it's bad to differentiate between techno, dance, drum n bass, trance, hardcore, hardstyle, dubstep, house and trap. I mean like... if I ask someone to recommend me a great trance track and what they show me is hardstyle or trap, then this doesn't help at all.
And I love when people do experimentations and try to mix stuff from different styles, but labels don't hinder that. I like this track here a lot:

This is part dubstep, part trance (mostly up to 1:15) and I love it.