• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Krewella's new album is dropping this upcoming Friday. Really happy that they're still managing to deliver good stuff, it could have been the end when they were thrown in the mud when they split up with their first producer and, shockingly, the community immediately sided with the man in the story ("the one who does all the shit while the bitches only sing" - paraphrasing most comments from back then). Hopefully it's gonna have a lot of instant classics, so far all their releases had a couple really memorable tracks.

Deleted member 10908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Krewella's new album is dropping this upcoming Friday. Really happy that they're still managing to deliver good stuff, it could have been the end when they were thrown in the mud when they split up with their first producer and, shockingly, the community immediately sided with the man in the story ("the one who does all the shit while the bitches only sing" - paraphrasing most comments from back then). Hopefully it's gonna have a lot of instant classics, so far all their releases had a couple really memorable tracks.

I was surprised to see them on the Ultra lineup, didnt even realize they were still around

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was surprised to see them on the Ultra lineup, didnt even realize they were still around

They still produce bangers, interestingly enough in multiple styles and genres. They still juggle between dance-pop and harsher EDM too, but they also made stuff that sounds closer to their Pakistani roots, albeit with still their EDM spin on it. They're talented and I'm glad they're still around. Here's a tune from a couple years ago I really love by them:

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
excision-the-thunderdome-1068x1335.jpg

Welp. Looking forward to this (going saturday) despite me not really listening to these types of beep boops AT ALL. Should be a fun energy.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Listen.... There is only one Thunderdome and it's this one:

Thunderdome_logo.jpg

But yeah that Excision Thunderdome does look good for bassheads. Saw Blunts & Blonde open for Yellow Claw last year and he was aight.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts on the new Porter Robinson track? I like it a lot.

Very uplifting, not exactly the kind of song I'd listen on repeat but I'm excited about his new album.

It's also Friday, which means new releases!

Eliminate brings a great beat and some pretty original wobbles. Par for the course by him, really.

Ookay remixes a really harsh tune by Moody Good throwing some deep yet high-pitched melodies on top. Great mix.

And as I mentioned the other day, Krewella finally dropped their album, 2.5 years after their last EP and over 6 years after their first and only full-length release. Check it out!

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Where my PNW peeps at.

Not sure what this will mean for June, Paradiso, and events going forward but it does seem like this might be the end for USC Events.
I thought Insomniac had partial ownership of USC. Maybe I'm wrong though. Either way I think Insomniac is substantially more competent/brings a more diverse lineup than USC does so go anything that brings more Insomniac up here is cool with me.

Edit: Oh wow, reading the article now and had no idea about USC not paying people. I'm not surprised though. They were tied at the hip with Foundation Nightclub before it got raided and shut down, so yeah...birds of a feather and all that.

Bring on Insomniac events in WA.

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA
Where my PNW peeps at.

Not sure what this will mean for June, Paradiso, and events going forward but it does seem like this might be the end for USC Events.
I just was reading about this, man I'm SOOO happy I didn't buy a ticket to Lucky. Shit, I highly doubt it will even happen now. Especially since they only wanted to show 2 names for the lineup so far.

also on reddit there's a better breakdown with more details, it's crazy!! AMF and Insomniac plzzz save us https://www.reddit.com/r/USC_Events/comments/ewks3d/paradiso_details_here/

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
I just was reading about this, man I'm SOOO happy I didn't buy a ticket to Lucky. Shit, I highly doubt it will even happen now. Especially since they only wanted to show 2 names for the lineup so far.

also on reddit there's a better breakdown with more details, it's crazy!! AMF and Insomniac plzzz save us https://www.reddit.com/r/USC_Events/comments/ewks3d/paradiso_details_here/
I've been kinda drifting away from the scene in recent years because of USC's lackluster lineups not really coinciding with my changing tastes (and getting older). If we can get even a fraction of the stuff LA gets from Insomniac it will be a game changer up here.

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA
I've been kinda drifting away from the scene in recent years because of USC's lackluster lineups not really coinciding with my changing tastes (and getting older). If we can get even a fraction of the stuff LA gets from Insomniac it will be a game changer up here.
most definitely, I'm still debating if I should buy a ticket to thunderdome for tonight hehe 😅😅

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Been a long ass time since Armin came to Minneapolis. Not a bad show. Big Room, little bit of "Techno", tons of Trance. The event center usually closes at 1 am but they gave Armin until 2 am, and as usual he closes his show with Hardstyle. About 2.5 hours of music he played.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was on the fence but the more artists they're announcing for Nameless, I just can't say no at this point. Look at this shit, and the list isn't complete.

83995710_2699806340137448_8230748276626817024_o.jpg

Deleted member 10908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was on the fence but the more artists they're announcing for Nameless, I just can't say no at this point. Look at this shit, and the list isn't complete.

83995710_2699806340137448_8230748276626817024_o.jpg
Not bad...Boys Noize, Malaa, Rezz, VK, Petit Biscuit...Then what so not live which is pretty rare..and some harder stuff like nitti gritti and marauda (who is the old MASTADON). Dont sleep on him if youre going

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Been a long ass time since Armin came to Minneapolis. Not a bad show. Big Room, little bit of "Techno", tons of Trance. The event center usually closes at 1 am but they gave Armin until 2 am, and as usual he closes his show with Hardstyle. About 2.5 hours of music he played.

I saw him last year. put alot of Psy so it was a good enough night. (yeah I know about my avatar but Gaia is so much different than Armin sound).

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Where my PNW peeps at.

So Lucky got cancelled and Pasquale announced Beyond Wonderland in the PNW...seems like USC is on the way out.

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA
So Lucky got cancelled and Pasquale announced Beyond Wonderland in the PNW...seems like USC is on the way out.

I litterally was just about to come post this!!!!! Nghtmre also announced he's still playing in Seattle on 3/14 with details coming very soon. Beyond wonderland coming back to Seattle is amazing, I was 17 last time it was here, so I'm definitely going!

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I was gonna post this too.

Seems like they can't use the Paradiso name and so Insomniac is gonna do Beyond Wonderland PNW instead. Hard to imagine it will be anywhere but the Gorge.

I'd love if they would consider the venue for Summer Meltdown (Darrington Bluegrass Amphitheater or something). I've wanted to go to that but its always at a bad time and expensive for a small and "family friendly" festival. Would be better for a smaller event.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They cancelled Lucky but their other events are going on as planned. I assume they need as much ticket revenue as they can get.

Bring on some Insomniac. Still patiently waiting on the Paradiso replacement. Assuming its the Beyond Wonderland PNW but I want to solidify june plans

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Beyond is gonna be in June I'm gonna go broke every year with the back to back of EDC (May) and Beyond (June) LOL.

We will be going to whatever event happens in June (NotParadiso or BeyondPNW) and Shambhala for the first time (late July). Luckily neither require plane tickets.

Thinking about Hulaween but it depends on our friend group from back east.

Oct 26, 2017
Probably is going to be in June, last time I went to diso it was hot as fuck but then again July/August probably worst at the Gorge.

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA
If Beyond is gonna be in June I'm gonna go broke every year with the back to back of EDC (May) and Beyond (June) LOL.

I really wanted to hit up EDC this year, but now that beyond is coming I think I'll hold out another year, I imagine they will be going all out to make it be freaking God tier. Also v excited for Lane8 Friday at the Showbox sodo!!

Oct 26, 2017
I really wanted to hit up EDC this year, but now that beyond is coming I think I'll hold out another year, I imagine they will be going all out to make it be freaking God tier. Also v excited for Lane8 Friday at the Showbox sodo!!

EDC a must at least once. I'm located in Seattle and I picked EDC over Diso every year except for one year and I regretted that decision lol.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But 10x better! Now that Beyond PNW is a thing at least the northwest has a great option. Still no news on it =/
Eh I dunno.

I know camp EDC is (expensive) option but I think camping fests >>>>>

Never been to EDC but something like Okee or Electric Forest (which I've been to) strike me as much more fun.

Excited to try Shambhala this year for the first time because all I've heard is amazing things. Went on the shambs subreddit to ask about it and how it compares to something like Eforest. People said its better than eforest.

I then went on the eforest subreddit to see if they had a different take and people there told me shambs was better lol

Oct 26, 2017
Eh I dunno.

I know camp EDC is (expensive) option but I think camping fests >>>>>

Never been to EDC but something like Okee or Electric Forest (which I've been to) strike me as much more fun.

Excited to try Shambhala this year for the first time because all I've heard is amazing things. Went on the shambs subreddit to ask about it and how it compares to something like Eforest. People said its better than eforest.

I then went on the eforest subreddit to see if they had a different take and people there told me shambs was better lol

I've been to pretty much everything outside of Tommorrowland aka the Holy Grail. =(

Beyond gonna be fucking amazing!