• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so this is going to be insanely vague but I've seen Era solve the case with less.

There's a local high-school run station that doesn't list the names of the songs they play nor do they have any form of updated playlist.

A songs came on the radio on my way home today that I've heard dozens of times before but never saw or heard (or remembered) the name of the song or producer.

I'm sorry in advance but here's all I have to go on:

• It's instrumental
  • It's more "club or festival" than it is "radio" (aka it's not a pop song)
  • My best guess is that it's from the mid- to late-90s or early 2000s
  • There are 2 sections which alternate repeatedly. Think A/B/A/B/A/B.
  • It's a song that I wouldn't call we'll known by radio listeners but anyone who's been to clubs or festivals has definitely heard it
  • It's got an uplifting lively beat and it's not very bass heavy.
Edit: it's not Opus, Sandstorm, anything by Avicii

Annnnd that's all I've got!?

Last edited:

kidtamagotchi

Oct 27, 2017
I think it would be helpful if you recorded yourself humming the melody. The details you gave are way too vague!

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
What makes you so sure that its late 90s / early 2000s?

EDIT:
Also, "EDM" back then didn't "exist". I mean it did, but not the term. That's because back then, there were many genres, from techno, to drum n bass, jungle, trance, progressive trance, etc. When it became more mainstream (and more pop, as in popular), rather than the general public just calling it "rave music", the term "EDM" was created to encompass all forms of electronic sounding music (as opposed to actual instruments, hip hop beats, etc).

If you can tell us what genre it was, if you remember, it would narrow it down a bit. Still impossible to find out what song it is from just your vague descriptions, but it would at least point us in the right direction.

Last edited:

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
Copy and paste from my edit above in case you missed it:

Also, "EDM" back then didn't "exist". I mean it did, but not the term. That's because back then, there were many genres, from techno, to drum n bass, jungle, trance, progressive trance, etc. When it became more mainstream (and more pop, as in popular), rather than the general public just calling it "rave music", the term "EDM" was created to encompass all forms of electronic sounding music (as opposed to actual instruments, hip hop beats, etc).

If you can tell us what genre it was, if you remember, it would narrow it down a bit. Still impossible to find out what song it is from just your vague descriptions, but it would at least point us in the right direction.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
No vocal hook or anything? Any other kind of really distinctive noise or way you can describe the hook? Does it have an intro with no percussion or is there percussion throughout? Long song or short song? Happy or dark?

Children maybe?

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
watch it be something from marshmello lol. I would expect that from a high school radio.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is...literally the least helpful OP ever, sorry OP. You're probably right that a dozen of us know the song, yet without at least SOMETHING to go by, maybe make a quick 10 second clip fo you like humming it out or something, it's gonna be virtually impossible.

thebeeks

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas, USA
Instrumental, from the late 90s/early 2000s, and everyone has heard it.
The only thing I can think of that hasn't been mentioned is Adagio for Strings.

Ryaaan14

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Does it go like NTSS NTSS NTSS NTSS NTSS NTSS NTSS NTSS

Or is it more like dun TSS dun TSS dun dun dun TSS dun TSS dun TSS dun dun dun TSS

Or like a cat throwing up?