• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Watching the Rainbow Rocket trailer made me realise my knowledge of Pokemon OST music past Gold/Silver is severely lacking, even though I've played quite a few entries.

Please educate me on what dope-ass pokemon music is like.

To start, I freaking love the X and Y gym theme:

Also, it's ur boi, guzma

Note: of course you can still post Gen 1 and Gen 2 music

Palas

Oct 29, 2017
This right here. Giratina's battle theme is at the same time perfectly fitting for Pokémon (souds a lot like Pulseman) and completely different from anything Pokémon had up to that point.

duckvalentine

Reporter at IGN
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, and there are some good ones.

First one that springs to mind is this:

Anistar, Dendemille, and Snowbelle from that game are also just great, and some of the route themes too.

And one of my faves. The moment you take your first step into Kanto is just...yay :)

Neo-Rudo

Oct 27, 2017
oh man those ones above are terrible, i have to play the original Pokemon cause the remixed OST is just so bad in say Fire Red or Leaf Green.

The Original is the best

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The entire Pokemon Colosseum OST.

It's the best soundtrack in a game, period.

Oct 30, 2017
NJ
OP, your post made me realize that the XY gym theme could've come straight out of a Danganronpa OST.

Anyway, this is my contribution. I'm mostly nostalgic for Gen 1-3 music, but this is the one that stood out for me the most in Sun and Moon.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The XY Pokemon League theme. Sure, the actual league was easy, but man the entire buildup from the giant cathedral to the music was just something else.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
Cynthia (DPP Champion)'s theme is pretty ace.

And a gen forward from that, Team Plasma's grunt theme is on another level.

I'm also oddly partial to Sootopolis City from Gen 3, but I can only embed two media in this post and it's kind of a short loop, haha.

*EDIT* LOL got ninja'd twice on the grunt theme.

johan

Oct 29, 2017
Always enjoyed hanging around in Sootopolis in Ruby/Sapphire

And as a kid I would complete the Elite 4 over and over again just to hear the credits music!

This is a good topic. I should catalogue my fav Pokémon tracks.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vast Poni Canyon has already been taken (it's so good; like something out of Secret of Mana), so I'll go with Gladion's theme.

Deleted member 15457

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pokemon Coliseum may just have my favorite rendition of the Pokemon Center Theme:

And a great Boss theme:

Remapped88

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I always thought the Ice Path theme in G/S/C was cool.....heck I used to leave my GBC on in the area just to listen to the song.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I am seeing so much Gen 5 music but no one has posted the best song yet, smh

Goosebumps here we go.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna have to throw the Mystery Dungeon series a bone here, tons of great tracks those games

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I prefer this version of the Gym Leader Theme from XY, shame it's used for like, two battles(?) in the entire game.

A lot of the good Gen V music has already been posted (<3 Route 10), but I always feel this is underrated:

Core

Oct 30, 2017
Just leaving my contributions here:

Also Gen 3 had some sweet tracks (sorry for the quality)

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
A true classic. Loved that you could play it anywhere on the radio in GSC.

This one is also rad.

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
I still firmly believe RSE has the best trainer eyecatch themes, at least before Sun/Moon which I need to listen to. Those tracks got a surprising amount of development and threw crazy licks and ideas at you through the GBA speakers.

Since I prefer Go Ichinose and Minako Adachi's work on the games (followed by Hitomi Sato, Shota Kageyama, and Masuda), here's two of my faves:

Does anyone remember the Pokemon music appreciation thread I posted over at the old forum? Maybe I should revisit that and add opinions on Omega R/S and Sun/Moon.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Let me post the Original Mewtwo Battle theme, I don't care about any of these lame regular battle remixes the later games have done, this one from Stadium is the best theme for Mewtwo.

And there's a criminal lack of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon music in this thread, let me fix that with the amazing final boss theme for Explorers of Time and Darkness. The Battle against Dialga!

Nester

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Probably one of my favorite songs in the series, normally the only chance you had to hear it for yourself was to be in the VGC Worlds Finals!

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
R/S/E Trumpets are a personal favorite of mine. I don't know why but I just love them - it seems like they kind of ditched them in ORAS which is a shame.

j9Rp4u7.png