• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
This is as real as real can be.

The Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum will feature the exhibition "Munch: A Retrospective" from October 27th to January 20th. For the first time ever in Japan, Munch's most famous work, "The Scream", will be showcased.

BUT WHO CARES BECAUSE POKEMON
qisrv4f.jpg

These special edition Pokemon cards inspired by Munch's masterpiece will be on sale at the Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum and Pokemon Center Online (Japan). Some seem to also be available at Pokemon Centers

HOW TO OBTAIN:
Pikachu: TBA (what)
Mimikyu: Comes with the mini-file
Psyduck, Rowlett, Eevee: Buy two booster packs and you can pick one of these three from 11/2 at Pokemon Centers

The attack is "Scream: Make both battle Pokemon confused."

L9bCJOh.jpg

xJtHmet.jpg

qDuH9vx.jpg

xe7iex7.jpg

Dm7ZCne.jpg

UW0IAK3.jpg

What other masterpieces should Pokemon mimic?

Last edited:

Deleted member 2102

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
please do "kangaskhan devouring her son" next, followed by "gardevoir coming out of her well to shame mankind."

Just

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I love how silhouettes are different based of what Pokemons are terrified of.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
Psyduck is truly terrifying. Pikachu and Eevee look way too normal, they're not screaming, just mildly upset.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Glad Psyduck, the best Pokemon is included!

But come on, OP, his name is Munchlax

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
one thing I don't get is why psyduck silhouette in eevee's card? are there any pokedex entry or some anime reference about this one?

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why do new Pokémon cards have those sharp corners. I fucking hate it. They used to be smooth and they stick out when I stack them with my original gen cards.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Pikachu is scared that Eevee is going to take his spot as the Pokemon mascot.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I should avatar the Rowlet for Halloween, I'm pleased he made the cut to be scared shitless in the name of ART

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what I was expecting when I clicked on this thread but these cards are actually pretty funny/cute. The only one I don't really care for is the eevee one because it feels like they tried too hard to keep it on-model whereas the other artists had some fun with it (particularly Psyduck and Rowlet).

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So if they're all scaring someone else then who is Rowlett scaring? How long is this bridge and how many Pokemon are standing on it?

Kind of gross seeing a work like Munch's being used like this though, even though it's nothing new. The whole point of the original work is anxiety coming from the destruction of the natural environment by mankind's expansion and Nintendo has a very poor environmental record. I'm fine with using it as a promotional tool for a museum exhibting it, but bringing in a commercial company is a little much. Getting upset by appropriation of the scream is full on "old man yells at cloud" at this point, but still...