• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
Link: https://s.famitsu.com/news/201811/21167973.html

Eevee x Tamagotchi releases 26 January 2019, for ¥2300 excluding tax.

Comes in two colours:
5bf4d71165926.jpg

5bf4d71177265.jpg

Evolution tree:
5bf4d711714a5.jpg

Google Translate:
Product Summary
■ Product Name: Eevee × Tamagotchi
■ Release Date: January 26, 2019 (Saturday)
■ Price: 2,484 yen / Tax 8% Included / 2,300 yen / Tax Exclusion
■ Type: All 2 Patterns
■ Body Size: W30mm × H 40 mm × D 25 mm (main body)
Battery: LR 44 × 2 (accessory)
■ Sales route: Toy stores nationwide, department stores · home appliance · mass merchandiser toy shops, Internet mail order etc

The main target is women in their 20s and 30s, and the main sales routes are toys shops throughout the country, toy shops of department stores, home electric appliances, mass merchandisers, Internet mail order etc.

I couldn't grab the description of how you play it from the link, it's like playing Tamagotchi but with Eevee.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This is going to sell hotcakes here, already seen friends sharing this around and wanting to buy one. That combined tamagotchi and pokemon nostalgia factor working its magic.

Oct 27, 2017
That looks great. A bit simplistic compared to previous generations of Tamagotchi, but pocket Eevee is good.

Kinda makes me want a new PokéWalker with added Tamagotchi features. If it could interact with PoGo, helping you find candies, that'd be great. Although Adventure Sync already covers that base, I guess.

Nov 18, 2017
Oh man, they would make a killing with these in the west. Hope theyre not too expensive to import im gonna channel my inner 30 year old woman called Shirley and grab me & the mrs one of these.

Deleted member 4434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Official site is here.

Definitely want one, I love how cute it is, and being a Nano, it'll be pretty easy to take care of.
Love how they went with Pokemon themes, like the Pokémon food, running away Pokéball and I'm guessing the game will be about piling up hair balls? Wonder if the snack will be..
Since it'll be out in January, I'll have some time to decide on what version.. Σ(-᷅_-᷄๑)

Keep in mind that this is a really simple tamagotchi compared to the fancy coloured ones, and even to those tamagotchi's you had in the 90s. The Nano (this is basically a Nano with Pokemon theme, other themed Nanos were Gudetama and a Disneyland exclusive one) is more an accessory rather than a full blown tamagotchi. The screen is simply too small for any cute backgrounds and locations to visit, so expect Eevee or whichever version you're going for to be floating around in a void of nothingness.
There's no on screen icons, so you have to press a button and Eevee will do an animation to show what it needs, and if he's fine, he'll get close to the screen (like in the image on the site). The menu will give you two options, food or game. It's possible to mute the sound. Just a friendly heads up for people whose expectations might be taking a run.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
so I guess how you look after it determines whether it evolves into umbreon/vapereon/jolteon etc

good choice for a tamagotchi

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Official site is here.

Definitely want one, I love how cute it is, and being a Nano, it'll be pretty easy to take care of.
Love how they went with Pokemon themes, like the Pokémon food, running away Pokéball and I'm guessing the game will be about piling up hair balls? Wonder if the snack will be..
Since it'll be out in January, I'll have some time to decide on what version.. Σ(-᷅_-᷄๑)

Keep in mind that this is a really simple tamagotchi compared to the fancy coloured ones, and even to those tamagotchi's you had in the 90s. The Nano (this is basically a Nano with Pokemon theme, other themed Nanos were Gudetama and a Disneyland exclusive one) is more an accessory rather than a full blown tamagotchi. The screen is simply too small for any cute backgrounds and locations to visit, so expect Eevee or whichever version you're going for to be floating around in a void of nothingness.
There's no on screen icons, so you have to press a button and Eevee will do an animation to show what it needs, and if he's fine, he'll get close to the screen (like in the image on the site). The menu will give you two options, food or game. It's possible to mute the sound. Just a friendly heads up for people whose expectations might be taking a run.

Do you know how it is possible to get one in Europe? Either the Eevee one or the other one.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it gets released worldwide. I pre-ordered the Digital Monster X vpet and am not interested in paying $33 for shipping again lol. Especially since this won't have anywhere near the features that a Digimon vpet has.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I'll get one if they come stateside, if for nothing else, to get a Pokèmon/Digimon crossover closer to happening.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I like the nostalgia of the Tamagotchi but equally why can't this just be an app on my phone. I remember Tamagotchi so fondly and kinda love the idea of a digital pet but I'm definitely not gonna carry a little keyring LCD egg around with me.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Preordered both versions. It's a nano so it won't be the most fun Tama ever and it'll probably release in America but I really want it anyway.