• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 12129

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. The Euro 2020 update for PES 2020 is supposed to be out this month as well, I wonder if that season update is related to the tournament being postponed to next year

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
We haven't heard anything about the new PES (even influencers who usually would have been invited by now), so it's very possible. Would kinda suck, I dunno.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
They basically just need to update PES 2020 with the option to not face MyClub opponents in Online Co-Op.

Right now their game is just completely broken and it's a relatively simple fix.

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
They might do an update while they prepare a proper next gen version for next year.

The biggest fail in the history of PES was the transition they made in late 07 with 2008 so they might be looking to avoid it by giving the game longer in the oven.

CaVaYeRo

Oct 31, 2017
we published some exclusive pre-release England vs Spain EURO gameplay today showing official UEFA graphics, new kits, etc, at the new Wembley stadium:

www.gamereactor.es

Exclusiva: gameplay de PES 2020 Eurocopa: España contra Inglaterra

El Data Pack 7.0 llega mañana mismo, pero ya te podemos enseñar cómo sería un partido de la Roja en Wembley.

as for the 2021 update hmmm will be interesting to see if this is a one-off given the current situation or even some free update for next-gen platforms, but I kinda dig the idea of sports games as "platforms" that get updates every season (and more often) and are not forced to release full games.

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
www.konami.com

TOP | eFootball

「ウイニングイレブン」から「eFootball™」へ。生まれ変わった「eFootball™」で次世代サッカーゲームを体感しよう。

Euro 2020 should be included now.

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
It would kind of make sense, go low budget on 2021, so they can finally make the switch from Fox Engine to Unreal Engine for 2022 on the next gen consoles. Mobile is already running on Unreal.

The big question is: Would they allow players to keep their MyClub roster for the new season?

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Given how last time they skipped the first year of next gen (PES 2014 came out just on PS3/360/PC, not PS4/XOne), I was expecting this.

Deleted member 27315

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I want a next gen only version. I have returned to pes series this year, don't make me return again to fifa.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I want a next gen only version. I have returned to pes series this year, don't make me return again to fifa.
Like I said on my previous post, I wouldn't expect a next gen version (or maybe just a port, honestly), PES skipped next gen last time when PS4/Xbox One released.

They're probably skipping a release this year to either revamp the Fox Engine (they have a lot of issues with the docs of the engine) or maybe do the fabled switch to Unreal Engine in two years (which they kinda hinted, and PES Mobile is in Unreal).

Oct 27, 2017
I think we would all be better off if sports games worked on a two year dev cycle for more substantial changes, with a data update every other year in between (even if there's a small charge).

It would be interesting if PES is switching to this, although I would expect it to be just a transition phase between gens - which they've struggled with previously.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Like I said on my previous post, I wouldn't expect a next gen version (or maybe just a port, honestly), PES skipped next gen last time when PS4/Xbox One released.

They're probably skipping a release this year to either revamp the Fox Engine (they have a lot of issues with the docs of the engine) or maybe do the fabled switch to Unreal Engine in two years (which they kinda hinted, and PES Mobile is in Unreal).
I don't think they have the ressources to revamp the Fox Engine.
The change to a new one will take time, a lot of it. And they are always late. So I am not expecting a dedicated version either.

OP
OP

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Not calling it PES 2021 directly is very weird though.

In fact, I was thinking the other day that, in general, it's really nuts that they haven't mentioned absolutely anything about a new game, not even a small tease or anything in Twitter. The game would come out (if it releases at the same time as the previous versions) in less than two months. I can't see this even existing at this point.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018

Anyone who makes a next gen only sports game needs to have their sanity checked.

They might do an update while they prepare a proper next gen version for next year.

The biggest fail in the history of PES was the transition they made in late 07 with 2008 so they might be looking to avoid it by giving the game longer in the oven.

No. The biggest mistake they made was not having a next gen version ready for the PS4/XB1 launch. Final nail that allowed FIFA to bury them for good.

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
Anyone who makes a next gen only sports game needs to have their sanity checked.

No. The biggest mistake they made was not having a next gen version ready for the PS4/XB1 launch. Final nail that allowed FIFA to bury them for good.

Nah.

PES 2008 destroyed the near perfect reputation of PES.

The series struggled sales wise after that through the entire PS3/360 generation and it would always take a miracle to catch up after that.

I played tournament level PES and the series was absolutely untouchable on the PS1 (ISS Pro) and PS2. It was most likely the best sports game series in existence at that point.

PES 2008 somehow took a dramatic nose dive from which the series never fully recovered. The games have improved but the damage from that game to the series reputation was irreparable.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Hope for a Switch version

hopefully this isn't offensive (in terms of port begging) but man...I'd DIE for a Switch version.
PES is one of the few games that are still forcing me to tunr my ps4 on (sorry but the sitting in front of the tv isn't so simply for me, recently, and the on-the-go playability of the Switch is GREAT)

Deleted member 27315

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

What I am saying is that I want a next-gen version (along with the last-gen version, I don't care). I don't like the absence of a next-gen version.

I want to buy a next-gen console to play next-gen games. Seems legit I suppose.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
What I am saying is that I want a next-gen version (along with the last-gen version, I don't care). I don't like the absence of a next-gen version.

I want to buy a next-gen console to play next-gen games. Seems legit I suppose.

Ah ok, that makes sense.

Most sports games will have versions spruced up for next gen

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
I want a Switch version so bad. Looks like this year won't be it. The mobile version isn't all that bad but it's very Ultimate Team-ish and I'd rather be able to just play as normal teams

Nah.

PES 2008 destroyed the near perfect reputation of PES.

The series struggled sales wise after that through the entire PS3/360 generation and it would always take a miracle to catch up after that.

I played tournament level PES and the series was absolutely untouchable on the PS1 (ISS Pro) and PS2. It was most likely the best sports game series in existence at that point.

PES 2008 somehow took a dramatic nose dive from which the series never fully recovered. The games have improved but the damage from that game to the series reputation was irreparable.

man this is true. not even kidding but PES 2008 made me regret my PS3 purchase and I left the console scene all together until the Switch.