• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I know you're right

But why you doing this to me.
1485329947609.jpg

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
Eisenhorn trilogy's the perfect place to start if you wanna get into 40k.
Awesome, I'll have to start reading this. I looked it up on Amazon and saw that there's a book that's all three in one.
Link
I don't understand how this is supposedly 700 some pages when all three books combined are over 1200? Should I just get the first book or this one?

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I've always kinda been interested in this stuff but never tried anything beyond Dawn of War 2 back in the day. Any good recs for the first book I should give a shot in this universe even though I have too many books to read as it is?

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, Eisenhorn probably works the best of 40k material to make a live action show off of.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
All I know is that we are going to get dank W40K memes for generations to come.

And it'll be beautiful.

Omanisat

Sep 25, 2018
North Bay, Canada
Awesome, I'll have to start reading this. I looked it up on Amazon and saw that there's a book that's all three in one.
Link
I don't understand how this is supposedly 700 some pages when all three books combined are over 1200? Should I just get the first book or this one?
Not sure why the page count's different, but Xenos, Malleus and Herticus are the three Eisenhorn books, and it doesn't say anything about them being abridged, so that should be alright.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
wait a second...i remember now

EIsenhorn the heretic that uses chaos and xenos stuff...how is he not deemed a heretic?

Last edited:

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
can someone explain to me who Eisenhorn is?

Okay think back to the Spanish Inquisition, now imagine that in the world of Warhammer 40k the Human race is based off of Space Catholic Nazis in some weird way. Esienhorn works as an inquisitor of this government hunting down threats to mankind. The Inquisition has three branches, Xenos/Hereticus/Malleus. Each branch hunts down a different kind of threat. Esienhorn is under the Ordo Xenos which goes after literal alien threats to the Imperium of Man. Just picture a man who has psychic abilities giving an any means necessary allowance to destroy whatever he deems as a threat to mankind. in the grim dark future of 40k.
I highly recommend you pick up the books they are some of the best 40k lore you can read.

Oct 27, 2017
I would love to finally have something high quality that introduces the mainstream to W40k but they're so many ways this could go wrong that I don't have much faith in it.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
Okay think back to the Spanish Inquisition, now imagine that in the world of Warhammer 40k the Human race is based off of Space Catholic Nazis in some weird way. Esienhorn works as an inquisitor of this government hunting down threats to mankind. The Inquisition has three branches, Xenos/Hereticus/Malleus. Each branch hunts down a different kind of threat. Esienhorn is under the Ordo Xenos which goes after literal alien threats to the Imperium of Man. Just picture a man who has psychic abilities giving an any means necessary allowance to destroy whatever he deems as a threat to mankind. in the grim dark future of 40k.
I highly recommend you pick up the books they are some of the best 40k lore you can read.
im starting to remember him....isn't he a heretic though?

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
My first choice for a Warhammer 40k tv series would be Ciaphas Cain. Its not as grim darky as most WH40k books (in fact its downright funny, Marvel movie-type of funny even) nor does it should require huge amounts of cgi or money to put on screen. Its basically just a Siberian Soviet-era regiment fighting xenos and chaos and lead by a HERO OF THE IMPERIUM suffering from a major impostor syndrome.

Still, Eisenhorn works for me too.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
I'm currently reading Eisenhorn. It's actually very well written, maybe the best W40K book series I've checked so far.

It feels like a very good primer, but even the smaller focus of the books still dwarfs Game of Thrones. And my God, there's no way they are going to recreate the scenarios with physical sets. And the money spent on props and costumes is going to eat up whatever budget they have.

That
4D Chaos planetoid
sure is going to be something.

But he is, he's even hunted by other Inquisitors, relentlessly.
They are just jelly of his bomb entourage and the respect he commands through logic and reason instead of pain and fanaticism.

Last edited: