• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will Jesse get a happy ending?

• Yes

Votes: 231 48.2%
  • No

Votes: 248 51.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
48874945456_01d4af298c_o.png

OP
OP
Aurc

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Please remember to tag anything spoiler-y! We're just a single day away now. Thanks.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
México
Are you planning to do something special to watch the film? Me and my wife are planning to grill some steaks, but maybe we will order something else. Still undecided.

What are your plans?

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
From the trailers, jesse is so well known in ABQ,, I keep wondering how a happy ending could work for him. Vince has us all beat, so im sure he found a genius way, but still, I really doubt he gets a happy ending. I dont even know what that would look like after all Jesse been through

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to it, basically expecting it to just be a great, somewhat longer BB episode, hope the closure for Jessie isn't corny but I trust Gillian.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
One of the best parts of when I was in Hawaii time zone was that I would've been able to watch this at 9pm

sadly I'm eastern time zone now, so Friday morning for breakfast it is!

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
So, who here believes this will lead into another series in the Breaking Bad universe?
Better Call Saul will probably be done by 2021/2022, and I feel like Gilligan would like to keep his teams employed if he could.

OP
OP
Aurc

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Are you planning to do something special to watch the film? Me and my wife are planning to grill some steaks, but maybe we will order something else. Still undecided.

What are your plans?
Nothing special. Just a day of hype, then continuing my Breaking Bad S5 rewatch before the movie hits. Ozymandias is up next. After that, there's just being there at exactly midnight to watch the film.

This is still truly surreal. Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul are some of my favorite creative works of all time, especially the former. Getting a follow-up epilogue, all these years later... it's a dream come true.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm still sucking to my theory that there will be a scene that slowly fades into black and white where Saul is eventually re-introduced. It seems like such a Gilligan thing to do, I can't imagine this is going to be as straightforward as the trailer suggests.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this was known already, but on this morning's WTF Marc Maron was talking about going to the premiere and let slip a couple character appearances, and the nature of those appearances, that I'm not sure he was supposed to reveal.

Tagging just in case this is spoiler-y for some and/or isn't public knowledge yet:

He said Walt, Mike, and Jesse Plemons' character (I can't remember the guy's actual name because he was referred to as Meth Damon so often on GAF lol) all appear, in flashbacks.

OP
OP
Aurc

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

So, who here believes this will lead into another series in the Breaking Bad universe?
Better Call Saul will probably be done by 2021/2022, and I feel like Gilligan would like to keep his teams employed if he could.
I'd love that, but sadly, it doesn't seem like something that's in the cards right now. Vince said on Rich Eisen recently that he figures it's about time to move on from the Breaking Bad universe (don't have the exact time stamp, but here's the interview):

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely watching it this weekend. Finished BB for the first time only a couple months ago so everything is still pretty fresh in my mind. The first teaser looked great, didn't bother with other trailers. Can't wait.

Wayfaerer

Oct 26, 2017
I'd love that, but sadly, it doesn't seem like something that's in the cards right now. Vince said on Rich Eisen recently that he figures it's about time to move on from the Breaking Bad universe (don't have the exact time stamp, but here's the interview):

I watched that interview and I agree with Vince there. As much as I like Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul, and I'm sure that I'm gonna like El Camino, getting something new from Vince as opposed to another tv show/movie in the BB universe is much more exciting and interesting to me.

Earthed

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
Oh sweet, didn't realize it's tomorrow. Definitely watching this.

OP
OP
Aurc

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I watched that interview and I agree with Vince there. As much as I like Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul, and I'm sure that I'm gonna like El Camino, getting something new from Vince as opposed to another tv show/movie in the BB universe is much more exciting and interesting to me.
I'm inclined to agree on that, but a part of me also yearns for another series set in the same universe, with a different cast, but the same tone, same storytelling techniques... only because I know it'd be yet another piece of phenomenal television. Albuquerque / New Mexico itself has become such a character between the two shows. I don't grow tired of seeing those desert scenes.

Whatever Vince does next, I'm sure it'll be great.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
Jesse deserve a happy ending. Saul maybe not so much.

I disagree for both.
I feel like Jesse paid enough for his crimes in the last season of Breaking Bad , but I wouldn't say he deserves anything good. Being left alone would be enough, that's why I've no idea how Gilligan is going to end this particular movie.

As for Saul, well, I also feel like his life as Gene is punishment enough. I really grew to love Jimmy in BCS, and it's heartbreaking to see what he became.

So, for me, both don't deserve a happy ending, but they deserve peace.

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes life just shits on people regardless of whether or not they deserve it and will keep on doing so.

This isn't life tho, it's story-telling. I don't think Vince would return to this character just to hurt him even more than he already has. Jesse was a literal slave to literal nazis for god's sake lol. I think giving him a bad ending after all that he's gone through would be hard to make narratively satisfying.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
So if I haven't seen any of BCS should I go in to this expecting to miss anything outside of winks and nods? (Yes I know I need to watch it)

Also on an unrelated note the whole time I was playing Control I wondered who Dr. Darling's actor reminded me of. Now I realize it's Vince Gilligan.

Brewm0nt

Dec 22, 2017
Orlando, FL
I have tickets to see this at my local Alamo Drafthouse, but could only get the 10:30pm showing tomorrow night. I'm debating watching this on Netflix and still going to the showing later; I just don't want to wait all day and night!

Brewm0nt

Dec 22, 2017
Orlando, FL
So if I haven't seen any of BCS should I go in to this expecting to miss anything outside of winks and nods? (Yes I know I need to watch it)

Also on an unrelated note the whole time I was playing Control I wondered who Dr. Darling's actor reminded me of. Now I realize it's Vince Gilligan.
I mean, none of us really have any idea. There are several sequences in BCS that are "flash-forwards" to what Saul is up to Post-BB, and with each season thus far, those are indicating they're leading to some sort of conflict. My best guess is that a part of this movie might intersect with that part of BCS's storyline.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I can't wait for this! I never thought we'd get an Breaking Bad-branded follow up, so having this is a dream come true. I hope (and suspect) it will lead into the flash-forward plotline in BCS to some extent, if only to ease the pain of the 2 year delay.

And I love how I know nothing about it, haven't even read rumours or theories or...anything. I'm going in completely blind and will just have to see what unfolds, and that's really exciting to me.