• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vlad

Oct 25, 2017
Walter's ego and sense of entitlement was his downfall throughout the series, so it was very likely his downfall earlier too.

The one thing that doesn't align here for me is that all many of the scenes of Walt pre-flashback make him come across as pretty down to earth and humble, and when at the start of BB he doesn't show a hint of this behaviour until things start escalating.

How many scenes of Walt pre-BB did we see? I can only think of the one where he's listing the elements in the human body with Gretchen, and the one where him and Skyler are house shopping. Even given that, he did come off as kind of cocky in the house hunting scene. He always seemed to get riled up when he was around someone who he thought might know more than he did. Look at how he was constantly second-guessing Jesse and Mike's running of the business side of things, despite knowing absolutely nothing about that.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
How many scenes of Walt pre-BB did we see? I can only think of the one where he's listing the elements in the human body with Gretchen, and the one where him and Skyler are house shopping. Even given that, he did come off as kind of cocky in the house hunting scene. He always seemed to get riled up when he was around someone who he thought might know more than he did. Look at how he was constantly second-guessing Jesse and Mike's running of the business side of things, despite knowing absolutely nothing about that.
I recently re-watched BB and, honestly, I didn't see a hint of it in his behaviour in flashbacks or in the scenes leading up to his diagnosis and dealings with Jessie.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I recently re-watched BB and, honestly, I didn't see a hint of it in his behaviour in flashbacks or in the scenes leading up to his diagnosis and dealings with Jessie.

What?

He's clearly reaching way further than he should in that house hunting scene and Skyler's reactions to everything he says convey that perfectly. He's even assuming how many kids they'll have before their first is even born, obviously a surprise to Skyler as this seems to be the first she's hearing of it.

There were already signs that this guy aspired to a lot more.

He was pretty much on top of the world at this point. He had everything going for him.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

The flashbacks between him and his rich friends were the key to understanding how Walt was a rotten person long before he got cancer.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
What?

He's clearly reaching way further than he should in that house hunting scene and Skyler's reactions to everything he says convey that perfectly. He's even assuming how many kids they'll have before their first is even born, obviously a surprise to Skyler as this seems to be the first she's hearing of it.

There were already signs that this guy aspired to a lot more.

He was pretty much on top of the world at this point. He had everything going for him.
What?

I don't see it at all in that scene.

The flashbacks between him and his rich friends were the key to understanding how Walt was a rotten person long before he got cancer.

Which ones? I might be forgetting some...