• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait! I love this universe. I'm two seasons in to binging BCS - about to start season 3 right now actually - and I seriously can't believe how good it is. Easily better than BB, IMO.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Not a story I wanted but neither was Better Call Saul and that's been incredible, so, looking forward to it
I feel you here, hopefully the quality is up to par for the movie as well. I am wary as I felt Breaking Bad had a pretty perfect ending but Vince Gilligan is pretty good at his craft.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
You didn't miss anything. It has nothing to do with post-BB and it's a mediocre show.

whoa whoa whoa

BCS is a slow burn but it is consistently great and the stakes have become BB tier now that it's involving the cartels.

I am cautiously optimistic about El Camino but Vince's strength is in methodical personal storytelling. I don't know how this can be capitalized on in a shorter movie format.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else feel like Skinny Pete sounded kinda dumber in the tv series? Feels like the actor forgot how Skinny Pete is supposed to speak.

To be fair, they make clear that shit is a lot realer now. Badger and Pete were kind of isolated from how bad things really got until the last episode of BB.

You didn't miss anything. It has nothing to do with post-BB and it's a mediocre show.

Your opinion is your own, but I would ask that nobody listen to it. BCS intersects with BB but is doing its own thing on its own tangent with equal (and some would say more) success. Not that it's an objective measure, but Better Call Saul has a metacritic of 78, while Breaking Bad has 73. It's in no way mediocre, as judged by the general audience. In a world of shitty spinoffs, they found a way to chart a new path (legal drama and general chicanery) in the same universe, with great results.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County

13b95889ac5d46fc781fdc97528e7062.jpg

Brewm0nt

Dec 22, 2017
Orlando, FL
How has BCS added anything of note to the post-BB timeline when the most shocking thing was actually a false alarm. It can be summed up in a few words: "Jimmy in Omaha, bored"
You do realize you haven't seen how that timeline ends...right? It shows both elements of how he's still Jimmy at his core and is longing for his former life, and also showing some actual BB timeline stuff with the color intro where he's freaking out in his office as Saul. It all adds to a larger picture of the character, which is what these shows are about. Character.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
You do realize you haven't seen how that timeline ends...right? It shows both elements of how he's still Jimmy at his core and is longing for his former life, and also showing some actual BB timeline stuff with the color intro where he's freaking out in his office as Saul. It all adds to a larger picture of the character, which is what these shows are about. Character.
Cool. We got a single in color scene but that's still before BB ends. The rest have been way too drawn out for a show that has 2 seasons left.

As of RIGHT NOW it hasn't added much.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
WE JUST CAUGHT UP ON BETTER CALL SAUL AND I LITERALLY SAID

yeeesh a movie on jesse, who cares about jesse now

jesus, this teaser reignited so much within me

RUN JESSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also, better call saul is fucking excellent. I want a breaking bad cinematic universe.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Damn man, I know this leaked this week, but... how did they keep it a secret for so long?

As unnecessary as I think this is, I'm excited!

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
When is this supposed to take place? It's been like six years since the show ended and in real time it ended in 2008 or 9.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
people who call bcs "slow" or in this case "drawn out" are the cyberdemons of philistinism

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
I can't... Vince Gilligan is a master of storytelling.

SO HYPED!

When is this supposed to take place? It's been like six years since the show ended and in real time it ended in 2008 or 9.

I would *think* they would put some years between the show and this to account for aging, but this teaser implies it's relatively soon after the events. Maybe they'll show the aftermath then a "5 years later" scene.

Brewm0nt

Dec 22, 2017
Orlando, FL
WE JUST CAUGHT UP ON BETTER CALL SAUL AND I LITERALLY SAID

yeeesh a movie on jesse, who cares about jesse now

jesus, this teaser reignited so much within me

RUN JESSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also, better call saul is fucking excellent. I want a breaking bad cinematic universe.
I agree with the bolded. I know some say that continuing in this universe is a waste of Vince's talents, but to me, there are so many possibilities. Having this contained world has allowed for so much fleshing out in both of the series so far, and it would really be an unprecedented thing to have it just continue on with show after show expanding it further and further.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Do we know anything about the plot? I suppose its about Jessie escaping the DEA and finding peace.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with the bolded. I know some say that continuing in this universe is a waste of Vince's talents, but to me, there are so many possibilities. Having this contained world has allowed for so much fleshing out in both of the series so far, and it would really be an unprecedented thing to have it just continue on with show after show expanding it further and further.

It's really funny but Breaking Bad is not the typical show you'd expect to have a "universe" of yet it's to Gilligan's credit that I can see this happening with all content being excellent.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
oh fuck... this is coming out in a few months? teaser already? i thought this was one of those broad "TBA" kind of things

can't cull much from the teaser but.. hyyype i guess

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Guess I'm the minority here, but I don't think BCS is that good.

Season 1 was the best of the bunch, and it has been declining since for me. The show can REALLY drag sometimes, some of the scenes are so unnecessary long, and since it started to bring too much of BB into it instead of being its own thing, I kinda lost my interest.

It's still good, but nowhere near BB levels, which only gets better and better.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
This is gonna be so good. Better Call Saul being so fantastic erases all doubts I have about how Gilligan and company are treating this universe.
I'm sure it's a fine show. I'm just not interested in watching a prequel show.
I thought so too, I normally think prequels are kind of crappy and feel contrived because of the baggage of what you already know. But BCS avoids all this and is a fantastic tv show.