• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
Strangely Bryan Cranston hasn't seem to done much work since last year...

Maybe he just took a break.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
BCS is a better show than Breaking Bad.

And honestly it's not even close

It's why I can't really say people who have Netflix shouldn't give this more attention than they are. The last time people said something in this BB universe had no reason to exist, it wound up working out way way better than anyone hoped. Worth not doubting again this time

dem

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I thought I was the only one who thought BCS was better than Breaking Bad.

Good to see others are watching..

Lame prequel it is not

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
wouldn't say BCS is "better" but it's way better than i ever imagined it to be

if i have to compare them qualitatively i'll say BCS was obviously written with more of a gameplan. BB they obviously swung from idea to idea, though you could argue it was better for it

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I'm sure it's a fine show. I'm just not interested in watching a prequel show.

It redefines Saul as a person, and if you don't like prequels because you know where everyone ends up, there are a good handful of main characters in BCS that we've never seen or heard of in Breaking Bad. Their fates are up in the air.

Anyway, it's great TV. Just fantastic character drama.

Deleted member 59

Walt gonna be in the the car a lot with Jesse i bet. ie Jesse dealing with his demons.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
It's hilarious that the name of the movie is El Camino. Besides the obvious of that being the car he was driving away in at the end, it also translates to 'The Path'. Coincidentally, that was also the name of Aaron Paul's show on Hulu haha

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it's a fine show. I'm just not interested in watching a prequel show.
It's not a "prequel show". It is a fantastic character study that just so happens to take place in the same universe as Breaking Bad. The episodes Chicanery and Lantern from season 3 rank right up there with peak BrBa for me.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Better Call Saul has some flashes of brilliance but it's never resonated with me anywhere near as much as Breaking Bad did.

Personally though I was underwhelmed by the Breaking Bad ending so I am hopeful this epilogue will fix that issue.

kVH2LpZd

Apr 3, 2019
So time to stock up on some Chevy El Caminos as they will surely skyrocket in popularity afterwards.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
Just watch BCS, it's as good as BB, sometimes even better.

EnchantingExemplaryHoverfly-size_restricted.gif

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
I attended the SAG Foundation Conversations a couple of weeks ago that featured Bob Odinkirk. He spoke a little about Season 5 and that the production values of this season is a lot higher than the previous seasons. Considering how the last one ended, I feel like this will likely be the last one.

For those who haven't yet watched BCS, it's important to note that with Season 2 and onwards, there are two different stories being told that sometimes intertwine with one another. There's the story of Jimmy and his struggle of being a lawyer that leads to his eventual becoming Saul Goodman. And then there's the story that's more familiar to Breaking Bad that's featuring the Cartel, Mike, Gus, and so forth.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't like BCS at all. I didn't make it all the way through the first season just because it was so boring

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Great timing. Me and my friend were literally just talking about this and wondering when it would come out lol

I imagine this must tie in with BCS in some way, otherwise why make it now in between seasons of the show? I'm glad they're being tight lipped about it though, it's so rare to have a story these days where nobody knows what to expect going into it.

Vince Gilligan has yet to let me down, so I have full faith in this being a satisfying conclusion to Jesse's story.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
This did nothing for me, but I'm not someone who was clamoring for more BB. I especially never thought to myself "what happens next for Pinkman?" I thought his send off was pretty satisfying.

I'll watch it though.

BCS is solid but it's no BB. The show simply does not have as high of highs as BB. Great performances though.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I saw BB a while ago so I'm not too sure about this anymore, but the guy they are interrogating is one of Jesse's buddies, isn't he? You had Badger and this dude?

Anyway, we'll see about this. I was very uncertain when they announced Better call Saul a few years ago and it turned out to be amazing. Maybe this will be great too.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
As a huge BB fan I've been meaning to watch BCS since forever and this thread is really pushing that to the front of my priorities.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Same creator too? Because I have a lot of faith in that guy after BB and BCS. I never really wondered what happens with Jesse now, but it could be really interesting.

How much money exactly does he have now? In theory can't he just flee to some peaceful country and live out his days there? :)

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
As a huge BB fan I've been meaning to watch BCS since forever and this thread is really pushing that to the front of my priorities.
You should and I agree it's at the very least as good as BrBa, but do keep in mind that it's a completely different show. Don't go expecting crazy BrBa type stuff and high paced eps and you'll be fine. It's a slow burn and focused more on the relations between characters and their development. I think people go into BCS expecting more BrBa, but you should know from the jump that's not what you're getting. It is a brilliant show all the same though.

Disagree with some posts here saying BCS can only have value if it adds anything to the BrBa timeline. It's its own thing first and foremost, with references or nods to the BrBa era thrown in.

Also really looking forward to this movie after watching the teaser. This went so fast, feels like we got the announcement only recently and now it's not even months away? I'll take it.

Last edited:

MetalGear?

Nov 8, 2017
I saw BB a while ago so I'm not too sure about this anymore, but the guy they are interrogating is one of Jesse's buddies, isn't he? You had Badger and this dude?

Anyway, we'll see about this. I was very uncertain when they announced Better call Saul a few years ago and it turned out to be amazing. Maybe this will be great too.
Yes, that's correct.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Oh it just occured to me that this story will be set in the early 2000s right? That'll give it an interesting look.

EDIT: actually wait, when was the main story set again? I've confused myself. After 2008-ish?

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Better call Saul is good. Very good.

But it's not better than Breaking Bad. Ya'll smoking some of that crystal.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
Better call Saul is good. Very good.

But it's not better than Breaking Bad. Ya'll smoking some of that crystal.

They have very different goals.
BB was a perfect crime show and amazing thriller, and I loved it.

But BCS makes me feel more for the characters. Jimmy and Kim often break my heart whereas I was never feeling the same for Walt. He was a great protagonist and I was rooting for him, yes. But he was an asshole right from the start, wheras seeing a decent Jimmy fall is way harder to watch.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I love BCS, Kim Wexler is a Top 3 character in the "Breaking Bad Verse", but I can't cosign the BCS>BB take. There's still time for it to get there, but it isn't yet.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Better Call Saul is probably the only amazing prequel I can name. It avoids the pitfalls that ensnare Jackson, Lucas, Rowling and others. It manages to exceed BB in a lot of ways.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Who wants to bet Jesse regularly hallucinates Walt in the car with him?

I really, really hope it doesn't. Idk why this started bothering me so much as of late. I think it's because a lot of the stuff I was watching kept doing this. Jessica Jones, 13 Reasons Why, Ozark, Supernatural.... it just doesn't serve much of a purpose other than to have a reason to have a character there. Flashbacks though... that would be perfect if they must have Walt be in the movie, which they must lol

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I don't think BCS is overall better than BB but it is still one of the best shows on TV right now. That's mostly because BCS took a while to get going but seasons 3 and 4 have reached the peak of BB to me. You'd be stupid to miss out on it just because of the negative connotations of prequels and spin-off shows.

Also, wow is this movie happening sooner than I thought. It's going to be great.