• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At its height, I generally enjoy BCS more than Breaking Bad.

Only problem is it hasn't hit that height in a while. Season 4 was a very weak season I don't remember much about. The show kind of lost something after the Jimmy vs Chuck conflict, now it just feels like its drawing out the inevitable crossover into the Breaking Bad timeline.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe the trick is that Walt is only in it for the opening when they do his funeral, and a flashback at the end.

Jesse will really hallucinate Mike the person who actually gave a shit about him.

Pookmunki

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if there will be some twist where it turns out Walt survived.

Wasn't that one of the original theories / ideas that he might not have died ?
Yep, the main one being that Walt was hallucinating whilst in his car in the snow and the rest of the season is him imagining what happens next in his life, explaining some of the outlandish stuff seen with the machine gun etc

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Yep, the main one being that Walt was hallucinating whilst in his car in the snow and the rest of the season is him imagining what happens next in his life, explaining some of the outlandish stuff seen with the machine gun etc

Occams Razor is that they showed the machine gun in the flash forward so they had to incorporate it in the best way possible. Thats why you don't flash forward for series that doesn't have an ending planned yet.

On top of the Scarface parallels. That was his go out with a bang like Tony Montana. Has a "theroy away an ending I dont like" ever worked?

Pookmunki

Oct 27, 2017
Occams Razor is that they showed the machine gun in the flash forward so they had to incorporate it in the best way possible. Thats why you don't flash forward for series that doesn't have an ending planned yet.

On top of the Scarface parallels. That was his go out with a bang like Tony Montana. Has a "theroy away an ending I dont like" ever worked?
I liked the ending as it was, i was just pointing out one of the theories banded about.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm conflicted, on one hand I love Breaking Bad and am excited to get more of it, on the other Felina was pretty much a perfect ending that left Jesse's fate up to the viewers. I can see this going one of two ways, either people will like what this does with Jesse and his fate immediately after the ending of the show, or they'll hate it compared to what they had imagined happening to him.

I hope it's the former, but even then, we'll be left wondering if it had been better to just leave the series well enough alone. All that said, time to rewatch BB again in anticipation of this movie.

Totally agree.

I have faith in Gilligan but Jessie ragtailing it outta there in manic laughter - weeping was perfect

I didn't really need that moment elaborating on but I'm curious

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I think the argument between BCS and BB fans comes because a lot of Breaking Bad fans were so enamored with either Bryan Cranston or the dynamic between Walt and Jesse.

If you take that away, you have a different show. I must admit that as fantastic as the writing and direction were for BB, I tuned in mainly for Walt.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Shouldn't Marie vouch for Jesse? She saw him with Hank. Should know enough to know that he had flipped at the end. They should be able to trace the bullets in Hank to the Nazis and they clearly know Jesse was their prisoner likely from the CCT footage.

Question him maybe, but not sure what they can arrest him for.

TeaToe

Oct 30, 2018
Qv1qlte.gif

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Lol at those coming in to say BCS is garbage. You are not going to get those alerts from me that you are fishing for... I need to do a BCS rewatch. Is the new season coming anytime soon?

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Didn't even recognize Skinny Pete. Well, teaser was all sorts of obvious and boring, but we'll see. Not against the idea.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Currently binge-watching the show, I'm halfway through s3, so not reading spoilers.

But

How the heck is the actor playing Saul Goodman NOT Alec Baldwin? Looks just like him.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Pretty interesting, but I really don't know if I needed to know what happened to Jesse.

Hope the story justifies itself

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
BCS is solid but it's no BB. The show simply does not have as high of highs as BB. Great performances though.
I agree with this 100%, Saul is probably more consistent because BBs lows are pretty low and even more boring then anything in Saul so far. Stuff like Mike with the rocks or anytime Mike's wife had anything going on, it's just that BBs highs curve the scale way in BBs favor.

I'm very looking forward to this though, Pinkman easily became my favorite by the end.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Totally agree.

I have faith in Gilligan but Jessie ragtailing it outta there in manic laughter - weeping was perfect

I didn't really need that moment elaborating on but I'm curious

I was just talking to a co-worker who also loves BB about this exact moment. The exuberance tinged with the brutal loss of his loved ones, the sheer overwhelming relief having escaped from slavery mixed with fear and horror of what's next . . . I don't think I've ever seen such a mix of emotions from a beloved character before on any screen, and if I have it clearly wasn't as memorable. Made me well up and cry for him.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I hope its good but i don't really understand why it exists

also for the people who say BB is better than BCS, while I sorta agree, maybe go back and rewatch BB. Seasons 1-2 are really not good. I'm rewatching on netflix (all seasons up, also BCS) and I had to fast forward thru a lot of s1 and s2, there are some terrible long scenes of people just endlessly talking about nothing important. Once Gus Fring comes on board in s2 though it really starts picking up.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I hope its good but i don't really understand why it exists

also for the people who say BB is better than BCS, while I sorta agree, maybe go back and rewatch BB. Seasons 1-2 are really not good. I'm rewatching on netflix (all seasons up, also BCS) and I had to fast forward thru a lot of s1 and s2, there are some terrible long scenes of people just endlessly talking about nothing important. Once Gus Fring comes on board in s2 though it really starts picking up.

it's actually a complaint and something we tell all the people who are starting that seasons 1-2 are insanely long setups, after season 2 though it just goes off rails and you can't stop binging

I know so many people who never finished and I always ask then where they stopped.....it's the same every single time and it's always season 2 near the end

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with this 100%, Saul is probably more consistent because BBs lows are pretty low and even more boring then anything in Saul so far. Stuff like Mike with the rocks or anytime Mike's wife had anything going on, it's just that BBs highs curve the scale way in BBs favor.

I'm very looking forward to this though, Pinkman easily became my favorite by the end.
Hank. Not Mike.
They are two different gruff bald characters.

Mikoby

Oct 28, 2017
I loved BB (watched the series twice now and pondering a 3rd rewatch) and I might love BCS even more but this teaser showed how much I want the story to continue because Gilligan knows what he's doing and I'm always down for more Skinny Pete!

Also I'm looking forward to the Gene stuff in BCS and hope it'll have at least a half season arc if not more but this teaser changed everything

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Holy fuck I happened to be rewatching the final episode just before this dropped.

I had BB on my mind cuz I heard they finished filming the movie the other day!