• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
I hope its good but i don't really understand why it exists

also for the people who say BB is better than BCS, while I sorta agree, maybe go back and rewatch BB. Seasons 1-2 are really not good. I'm rewatching on netflix (all seasons up, also BCS) and I had to fast forward thru a lot of s1 and s2, there are some terrible long scenes of people just endlessly talking about nothing important. Once Gus Fring comes on board in s2 though it really starts picking up.

Season 3 of BCS was just a tiresome Drag and stopped watching it entirely. Maybe i'm not into this kind of television, but what kept me interested was the inevitable turn to Saul Goodman. Which was dragged out too much imo.

paradox85

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Interesting.

I'm currently rewatching BB, I'm halfway through S2 now. I admit that the first two seasons aren't that great, but it's slowly getting better. I think at the end of S2, or at the beginning of S3 is where the show became constantly great, if I remember correctly.

Hope I can finish all five seasons of BB before Oct 11, so I can watch this day one. :)

Oct 30, 2017
Interesting.

I'm currently rewatching BB, I'm halfway through S2 now. I admit that the first two seasons aren't that great, but it's slowly getting better. I think at the end of S2, or at the beginning of S3 is where the show became constantly great, if I remember correctly.

Hope I can finish all five seasons of BB before Oct 11, so I can watch this day one. :)

The show was great minus a few throw away episodes.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I can't really think of a bad BB episode. Maybe some that aren't as good as others, but BAD?
Nah, not in my opinion.

I honestly wish this were just another season or half season instead of just a movie. It will feel like such a short story in comparison to BB or BCS :(

Maybe I could just look at it as a very long episode. Maybe that'll help me feel better.

Them calling it A Breaking Bad Movie potentially hints at more down the road though.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Too late in the Summer to do a serious or full rewatch, but I think I'm going to run through my Top 5-8 episodes ahead of this. That trailer brought back the itch.

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't really think of a bad BB episode. Maybe some that aren't as good as others, but BAD?
Nah, not in my opinion.

I honestly wish this were just another season or half season instead of just a movie. It will feel like such a short story in comparison to BB or BCS :(

Maybe I could just look at it as a very long episode. Maybe that'll help me feel better.

Them calling it A Breaking Bad Movie potentially hints at more down the road though.
That episode with the fly?

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There are definitely bad BB episodes, people thinking this show is like the second coming of Jesus is so funny.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
I started Breaking Bad when season 4 was about to air, so binging it I loved "The Fly". I can see how people who were waiting weekly to have a character driven bottle episode suddenly show up might hate it though.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I started Breaking Bad when season 4 was about to air, so binging it I loved "The Fly". I can see how people who were waiting weekly to have a character driven bottle episode suddenly show up might hate it though.
Gotta say that I'm glad that I avoided the internet discussions about BB. I didn't even look until the show was almost over. The nonsense about Skyler and The Fly would have made me crazy.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
A Breaking Bad Story

When I started watching the show I thought Hank had some health issue and by the end of the series he would have had his reputation ruined and been essentially fired, and would end up picking up Walter's operation. Him making beer in his garage and his sudden fascination with rocks I thought were hints of the story leading up to that. Nope

Also I don't remember, how did Tuco's grill end up in a river? I missed that.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
A Breaking Bad Story

When I started watching the show I thought Hank had some health issue and by the end of the series he would have had his reputation ruined and been essentially fired, and would end up picking up Walter's operation. Him making beer in his garage and his sudden fascination with rocks I thought were hints of the story leading up to that.

fvmw5ik3i4811.gif

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
Honestly Jesse was a fuck up. Walt would of been much better off whacking Jesse once he got into drugs at the end of season 2.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to do a rewatch too, but I hate rewatching shows, so maybe I'll watch the Colombian version instead, it looks like fun.

Darth Pinche

Oct 27, 2017
Is it weird that I'd watch a movie detailing what happened during the Grey Matter years? That always seemed like the most fascinating backstory in the show to me.
I'm with you on this. It would be fascinating to see why Walter would go from cutting edge research to a high school teacher (not that there's anything wrong with that).

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I'm with you on this. It would be fascinating to see why Walter would go from cutting edge research to a high school teacher (not that there's anything wrong with that).
On my rewatch, it seems like only two episodes touch on it: the flashback, and the one in season 2 when they have the dinner. It really seems like it might have been Walt's fault too('You left me!'), but I don't think they ever elaborated on it? My speculation is that she cheated on him, he left, and they took him out of the company.

Oct 28, 2017
On my rewatch, it seems like only two episodes touch on it: the flashback, and the one in season 2 when they have the dinner. It really seems like it might have been Walt's fault too('You left me!'), but I don't think they ever elaborated on it? My speculation is that she cheated on him, he left, and they took him out of the company.

I was always really curious about that, too. Walt's inferiority complex towards Gretchen and Elliott is really the core of what motivates him to 'break bad', so I wish we got something more.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I was always really curious about that, too. Walt's inferiority complex towards Gretchen and Elliott is really the core of what motivates him to 'break bad', so I wish we got something more.
I just found this after a cursory search...

"
  • In 2016, Vince Gilligan finally revealed the true reason for why Walter left Gray Matter. He revealed that Walt left Gretchen and Gray Matter because he felt inferior to her and her wealthy family, thus confirming that his ego and pride were the reasons why.
"

That seems kind of silly, but then again, it's Walt.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was always my assumption to. It was why I kept watching the series, because really Walt is a egoist that feels he's owed, and is largely fueled by missing this huge operation in the past.

Vlad

Oct 25, 2017
what an awful music choice to tie to this. What a bizarre combination.

For what it's worth, it's a different arrangement of the same song that played the first time Jesse did heroin:

Yeah, that scene with Gretchen in the restaurant in "Peekaboo" pretty much said all that needs to be said, as far as I'm concerned. We never have any reason to doubt Gretchen's story, and she seems legitimately shocked when Walt accuses her of cutting him out of the company.

The other line that also stuck out to me was in Buyout, when he's telling Jesse the story of Gray Matter. He says something like "we had some differences, I won't bother going into the details." That second part always sounded like what someone who really doesn't come out of the story sounding that great would say.

There was also the implication in the show that Walt's ego and pride were always a problem, even before his life of crime. I had assumed that that's why he ended up as a teacher: he was too much of an insufferable prideful jackass to hack it in the science world.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Walter's ego and sense of entitlement was his downfall throughout the series, so it was very likely his downfall earlier too.

The one thing that doesn't align here for me is that all many of the scenes of Walt pre-flashback make him come across as pretty down to earth and humble, and when at the start of BB he doesn't show a hint of this behaviour until things start escalating.

I guess it could be that this behaviour manifests at certain times, and for a while he'd actually been kind of content in his life or made some kind of piece with it, and when confronted with the idea that his family would be left in debt, he would have thought about what he had lost and his pride and ego could have kicked back into gear.