Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Ty Yasuhiro for confirming we won't get any ER info in the next two days.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I know I would have probably said the same for 2020, but yeah, it'd be incredibly weird and worrying to not have new ER stuff in 2021.

Hopefully sooner than later!

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Ohhhhhh Elden Ring where art thou?

DeWbx6c.gif

I can't believe it's been a year and a half since the reveal trailer came out and we haven't seen anything beyond that.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
2021 save us. We will probably both hear about it and play it next year. Can't wait for another From experience, nothing like it.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They really should start revealing games 3-6 months before release to avoid situations like these.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
If they don't show anything in the first 6 months of 2021 it's time to pack it up and see you in 2022.

bakedpony

Oct 27, 2017
I know DS2 was made by the B team but do they still have 2 teams? Sekiro was released just last March 2019

Raigor

May 14, 2020
I know DS2 was made by the B team but do they still have 2 teams? Sekiro was released just last March 2019

Both Sekiro and Elden Ring were in dev at the "same time", Sekiro obviously had more people to finish it in 2019.

From Software has 316

Elden Ring didn't start after Sekiro.

bakedpony

Oct 27, 2017
So this should be the B team right?

Team A:
Dark Souls
Bloodborne
Sekiro

Team B:
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
Elden Ring

I don't mean B team as an inferior team, just as a second team identifier

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't this just Kitao wishing us a Happy NY/saying a generic "see you in 2021"?

Feels like it's reading into it a bit to hear Elden Ring: "See you in 2021"

Like, I'm hopefully we see the game released next year but this seems like a generic-ass '2020 is coming to an end and was terrible, see you next year' tweet.

Last edited:

Raigor

May 14, 2020

Team A:
Dark Souls
Bloodborne
Sekiro

Team B:
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
Elden Ring

Don't think they work like that and i'm not sure DS3 was developed by the "B" team.

They are most likely shifting developers from one project to another when they are in need.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Easier to just call them something else like "the team that lead Dark Souls 3", honestly. The phrase "B Team" is specific in its meaning and the folks who first started using it towards From were absolutely intentionally being mean about it. This is not to say you are, though, just suggesting alternatives!

That being said, the games share so much staff that I think it's a bit inaccurate to say there are two firm group designations internally. It's just rolling devs in and out of projects when they need to ramp up or down.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Like, I'm hopefully we see the game released next year but this seems like a generic-ass '2020 is coming to an end, see you next year' tweet.
I took it as we'll at least get some info / trailers next year, not as a release date.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Team A:
Dark Souls
Bloodborne
Sekiro

Team B:
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
Elden Ring

There's no really fixed Team A and B, I don't know why this myth keep appearing. There's diverse teams, where people get mixed depending how From's project goes.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017

Like, I'm hopefully we see the game released next year but this seems like a generic-ass '2020 is coming to an end, see you next year' tweet.
I agree but maybe the OP is letting on more than he is willing to share 👀

Team A:
Dark Souls
Bloodborne
Sekiro

Team B:
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
Elden Ring

Elden Ring will be made by Team H. Its gonna be the most hype thing they have released yet!

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
I think the whole Team A or B is just, if it's under the direction of Miyazaki or not and iirc DS2 was the only game were he wasn't as involved as the other games.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is reaching quite a bit. I'm certain we'll hear more from the game soonish though.

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you, Kitao, wish you and everyone at From Software a great new year, too!

Actually started playing Bloodborne again yesterday, when I turned my console on for the first time in forever. Currently going through both Sekiro and Bloodborne for the god knows what time. I just can't get tired of their games, it's impossible.

The quality they always deliver is so absurdly high for my personal tastes that I couldn't possibly be mad about any "delays". Take your time, but please try to at least talk to us a little more next year. >_<

The wait to play is nothing, the wait to even hear anything is painful.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah, last tweet is about covid tbh.
He shouldn't have used a demons souls line to talk about it imo.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
I pray this game is not going through a dark souls 2 level of "polishing"

FROM, please ease our minds

these tweets mean absolutely nothing tho lol

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think the whole Team A or B is just, if it's under the direction of Miyazaki or not and iirc DS2 was the only game were he wasn't as involved as the other games.

I think as the president of from, his name is more for a marketing name by now because he surely doesn't have time for all of that.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
i remain convinced that they started development after the game was announced 1 year and a half ago. typical development time is 3 years.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Personally, I read this as "we won't show anything in 2020" but not as " we will show something in 2021".