• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope it has RPG elements and to be clear, I largely mean different looking armour.

If there are "elves," we could be talking oldschool fair folk who are just as wicked as humans if not more.

Given the Nordic overtones I'd imagine something closer to the Norse aelves and not the rather post-modern "Fair folk" which is about as true and "oldschool" to the wide variety of folk beliefs it draws on as the "all fairies are sunshine and light".

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
Exactly. This trailer gives you no idea of what the setting or feel of the game is going to be. Bloodborne's trailer was very in-your-face about the setting and tone.

This trailer is just weird. And "weird" isn't a setting.

"weird" is a very exciting setting, imo!

especially considering it's not that weird at all. it looks fairly similar to the setting of the creation myth stuff you see at the beginning of souls games. this really is not that out there for From.

you're free to not like cgi trailers (i don't either!) but comparing it to repeated violence is just histrionic. also, not a dude

Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne CGI announcement trailer was better too. We already saw Laurence's skull, Yharnam streets, blood infusions, few enemies, trick weapons and a very breaf beast teasing without spoiling at all the mid-game twist.

This CGI trailer is way too vague.

Kokoro

Jan 23, 2019
France
It's not enough, I want to see more!!! I'm really excited for this game, even if we have seen barely anything.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Typical from reveal thread. Everybody doubted Sekiro when it was announced as well. The funny thing is that everyone complaining that this looks bad(lol, a cg trailer) or that they're tired of what from is doing will be hype as fuck when they finally show gameplay.

Alex2DX

Nov 6, 2017
Imagine if this didn't leak man...trailer was basically there to just announce that.

Yea, if it didn't leak I dont there would be such high expectations for this trailer. Its not a trailer that would blow you away but I think its good for a first reveal/tease. The leaks fucked the surprise and expectations.

Blayde

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
always disappointed when i see something that looks cool and then realize its a fromsoft game. because i know exactly what type of game its gonna be...

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
"weird" is a very exciting setting, imo!

especially considering it's not that weird at all. it looks fairly similar to the setting of the creation myth stuff you see at the beginning of souls games. this really is not that out there for From.

You can think what you want. But I found this trailer overly vague and not nearly interesting enough to be worth a month and a half of teasing and forum arguments.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Not surpsied that nobody shocked about this trailer. Imagine if this wasnt leaked. It would be the biggest news today. Watched the Easyallies stream alongside and their reaction was like mine.

Nuhm

Jun 8, 2019
A little disappointed at the lack of info from the trailer/teaser, really digging the aesthetics though.

Think we'll get more throughout E3? Release year at least?

convo

Oct 25, 2017
It's a CG trailer that was outsourced and that's all, like we had a thread about how cool the DS2 CG trailer was and all that is is complimenting and criticizing the CG studios like blur studio. People are trying fortune-telling on tea-leaves with this shit.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Really like the music. It's something different this time, and I can't really place the style. It's not pure From Sound (even if it's still one of them), and it's not Sakuraba.

Personally, I doubt it. I don't know how Miyazaki could co-develop Sekiro and this game at the same time and early 2020 is not that far away. My bet is September-October.
Miyazaki delegates. All his recent games have co-directors, because he's also president of the studio.

En-ou

Oct 27, 2017
It's partially their fault - they could've made the trailer more than a minute long and actually put something in it aside from random vague shit.
I really don't know what to say lol
It's just to announce they have a new game in the making...lol
No normal gamer/from fan would even expect to see a new teaser maybe until next year considering sekiro just launch. Lucky we got something like this!

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
you hyping yourself up over some vague teases from a leaker (do we even know if any of that was legit now?) is not within their control
Omni is verified. So yes its legit. Also Omni''s post provided us with way more insight then that trailer did and thats whats disappointing. I dont find it interesting or exciting for a studio to basically show up with something thats just there to announce theyre working on something. I would be far more irritated had Omni's post not been enough to hold many of us over (and I assume he left more clues to find).

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't know what to say lol
It's just to announce they have a new game in the making...lol
No normal gamer/from fan would even expect to see a new teaser maybe until next year considering sekiro just launch. Lucky we got something like this!

I am over the standard game industry hype cycle. I'm sick of short little concept trailers and drip feeds of one or two data points stretched out over an entire year.

Announce your game when it's ready to be shown for real. "hey guys this game exists please wait for further information" trailers are bloody dull no matter which developer does them.

Deleted member 21858

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Game will be great, it´s From Software we are talking about. Like Platinum Games, they can make a game about wasps having sex and it´s going to be great.
Also even their "B", "C", "Z" teams can make better games than 90% of the things that are out there. And I doubt a game with Myiazaki´s name in the trailer AND George R.R. Martin wouldn´t have Myiazaki directly involved.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
No-gameplay reveals are nothing new for From, obviously, but this trailer was fairly insubstantial even as far as From trailers go. They barely even showed any actual locations to give a clue of what kind of architectural style we should be looking forward to.
Exactly.

Well shit...and now his watch has ended :(

DS3 reveal trailer was a lot better in my opinion. Music, atmosphere, epic feeling.

See with these trailers they at least gave a taste of what we would be doing in the game, as well as the game's artstyle/architecture. BB's shows us that we're hunting people who have turned into beasts and we could(wrongly) predict a stealth aspect for the game. It also shows us the game's aesthetic and architecture past just the character design. It even shows dungeon diving and a weapon type we've never seen before.

Dark Souls 3 is fairly vague but we basically knew what to expect by then with that series.

Honestly, without Omni's leak everyone here would be crying ER is basically Dark Souls 4 even more than they already are. The trailer left a lot to be desired. But whatever, i'm still in.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
You can think what you want. But I found this trailer overly vague and not nearly interesting enough to be worth a month and a half of teasing and forum arguments.
But you had already made up your mind decided you weren't going to like the game because it was just knights before you even saw the trailer. Nobody made you participate in those arguments, you did that on your own. Rarely
meaning never
are arguments online worth it anyway.
giphy.gif

and perhaps I wasn't teasing the announcement but actually the game itself, almost as if E3 and this trailer aren't the be all end all of the game.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.