• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Based on that interview does that mean Sekiro was a "B team" project and Elden Ring is the "A team" project?

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
We'll see what kind of 'open world' we get when gameplay's shown, but I'm confident that From will make it fun to play in. I guess the people that were somehow turned off by Sekiro not having any rpg stuff, can look forward to this. I however am more than happy to gobble up everything they put out. tbh I don't need customization and it was refreshing to have a pure action game in Sekiro, but Elden Ring will probably allow for more builds and various playstyles like Souls.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Japan's way of looking at the term "open-world" can be pretty different to what people here call open-world. If every location exists "under one sky" and we are able to travel between places on assigned roads like most From games without being able to climb over everything like horses riding over mountains in Skyrim or Link climbing over everything in BOTW, i'll still consider it fair to say that elden ring fits into Froms view of a open world game.
If nothing else it'd fix some inconsistencies present in especially DS2 and DS3 where basically you go through one location and its backyard is some area that feels like it doesn't even belong in that place.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I mean the first Sekiro trailer was just a zoomed in view of the prosthetic tool.
Yeah, "Shadow Dies Twice" reveal trailer was even worse.
Half of the messages on the trailer thread were "guys I think it's Bloodborne 2 !!" lol
We just got spoiled by the leaks. So most people act like if it's not even a reveal.
Imagine if no leaks at all. Remember when the "What do we expect from From this year ?" thread and before Omni showed up, everyone was like "dude, they just released Sekiro..."
Imagine if we had no leaks : Miyazaki and G R R Martin ?! What the fuck !!!!!!
It would have been a glorious reveal trailer.

Sekiro first trailer was so obscure (not even a title) that many people assumed it was Bloodborne 2 lmao

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
think its pretty much confirmed we'll have the option to customize our arms no?
Specially after sekiro AND with the confirmation of having even more customization options
see little point to having a character in your trailer doing this otherways
b72f1e793791dd57eb86b21a3014ee5a.gif

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Based on that interview does that mean Sekiro was a "B team" project and Elden Ring is the "A team" project?
Based on what in that interview? We've been over this a thousand times. There is no A or B team at From.

Going from the trailer my nonsense thoughts are that it's Irish Celtic mythology not Scottish as the rumours suggested and that the old guy with the arm is Bres (became ruler after cutting off Neudas arm and ages very fast) and the person applying the silver arm is Neudas which was created by Goibniu (the blacksmith) to help fight the Fomorians (Bres). Apart from that I have no idea maybe the one with the spear is Lugh.
Now this is good stuff. Got some reading to do.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Specially after sekiro AND with the confirmation of having even more customization options
I had gonzo ,pie-in-the sky theories about Bloodborne like replacing our limbs with weird body transforming parts before. Something like exchanging body parts for power. My wild fantasies can come true if i wait long enough, but i shouldn't jump to conclusions like that, just yet.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
So since this is From's largest game, how many hours to complete? Dark Souls 3 took me like 40-50 hours including optional sections and I didn't get every item. I'm guessing this game is probably in the 80-100 hours range.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So since this is From's largest game, how many hours to complete? Dark Souls 3 took me like 40-50 hours including optional sections and I didn't get every item. I'm guessing this game is probably in the 80-100 hours range.
DS2 SotFS took me 108 hours... That was with 3 DLC packs obviously, but it's still huge (and the base game still clocked in at 80 odd hours). I'm excited if we're getting something on that level next.

fiskyfisko

Mar 23, 2018
They way he describes open world, it sounds like OoT. Big open field in the middle and tightly designed areas around it.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
They way he describes open world, it sounds like OoT. Big open field in the middle and tightly designed areas around it.
This is what always comes to mind in terms of world structure, would make a lot of sense if horseriding is indeed part of the game too
Main difference here being that you'd be able to go to most kingdoms right from the start, compared to something like OoT or TP which is linear in that sense
I imagine it having some kind of Shadow of the colossus feel to it in the sense that the open field section is more about taking in the atmosphere than your usual crowded open world areas

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I hope this game borrows from Souls is the silence. More music worked fine for Sekiro, but I really like the more sparse use of it in their other games, it's a nice From touch, instead of being just like any other RPG out there.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I hope this game borrows from Souls is the silence. More music worked fine for Sekiro, but I really like the more sparse use of it in their other games, it's a nice From touch, instead of being just like any other RPG out there.
I would expect them to go back to the silence at least for open fields. Would feel weird having music playing while taking in the wilderness on a ride. Who knows for the set locations around the world though.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Interview for you to peruse.
news.xbox.com

E3 2019: Hidetaka Miyazaki and George R. R. Martin Present: Elden Ring - Xbox Wire

Forged from the minds of two of the most influential fantasy world builders today, Elden Ring brings you into a new and fully realized mythos. A collaboration between the creator of the critically-acclaimed Dark Souls series, Hidetaka Miyazaki, and the world-renowned writer George R. R. Martin...

This is it. Come to me.

FromSoftware is a damn work horse this generation. Their work ethic and output is amazing.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of cool shit in GOT's mythology is right up there with From's wagery,with the Show runners being cowards for not including that weird shit.
Being a game made by fromsoftware the weirdest shit that guys can come up with will get its due.
I hope they eventually get to Stephen King and get something Dark Tower adjacent going.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of cool shit in GOT's mythology is right up there with From's wagery,with the Show runners being cowards for not including that weird shit.
Being a game made by fromsoftware the weirdest shit that guys can come up with will get its due.
I hope they eventually get to Stephen King and get something Dark Tower adjacent going.
Shit, get all the great Horror and mystery writers to work with From. Miyazaki must have really impressed GRRM to get him to accept and even write the whole Mythos for the game. Thats still crazy to think about.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Really cool trailer, but I found myself pretty disappointed with Sekiro so I need to see gameplay before I can get really excited. I also jut don't want it to be just another souls game. The formula is just getting tiresome for me personally.

Oct 25, 2017
Shit, get all the great Horror and mystery writers to work with From. Miyazaki must have really impressed GRRM to get him to accept and even write the whole Mythos for the game. Thats still crazy to think about.
Best part about that is that it still means that the actual game story was written by Miyazaki. GRRM's involvement was way bigger than I imagined, while at the same time still not overshadowing From's own beautiful writing, which was my biggest fear.

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

A Song of Ice and Fire is super tame compaired to FS stuff and even G.R.R. Martins other works. But as I said in another thread if FS are going to work with writers they should get in touch with Brian Catling who wrote the Vorrh Trilogy, that would fit the studio very well and truly original fantasy that gaming has never seen.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Interview for you to peruse.
news.xbox.com

E3 2019: Hidetaka Miyazaki and George R. R. Martin Present: Elden Ring - Xbox Wire

Forged from the minds of two of the most influential fantasy world builders today, Elden Ring brings you into a new and fully realized mythos. A collaboration between the creator of the critically-acclaimed Dark Souls series, Hidetaka Miyazaki, and the world-renowned writer George R. R. Martin...

I didn't need the CGI trailer all I needed is this, can't wait for this game.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
This is it. Come to me.

FromSoftware is a damn work horse this generation. Their work ethic and output is amazing.

from is what happens when you've got solid focus, top to bottom. as they say in baseball, it's a developer that plays within itself: it seems to know its limits, & doesn't attempt to over-shoot them, while it simply becomes better & better at doing what it does best :) ...

Oct 25, 2017
"Collaborating with George R.R. Martin to create the Elden Ring mythos has been a genuinely delightful experience and a source of wonderful inspiration. The team is working hard to ensure that the world of Elden Ring will be a fascinating place for players to explore, filled with peril and wonder from its furthest reaches to its lowest depths. This is a From Software title through and through, rich in fantasy and RPG action. We sincerely hope you look forward to it."

"to its lowest depths"

Omni said:

(...)Interconnected design is larger and deeper than ever and archaeologists and spelunkers might just be in for their biggest playground yet.

This underground exploration part will likely be a major part of the game, more than you'd imagine just from Miyazaki's quote.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
She's probably a character/boss, not the playable character.
A Song of Ice and Fire is super tame compaired to FS stuff and even G.R.R. Martins other works.
lol

Grassy

Oct 25, 2017
I fucking love the music, oh my god...

The game sounds like everything I expected from the interview.

I think I'll explode when I eventually see gameplay footage...

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
The music better be fully orchestrated. Come on Bamco, don't cheap out here in producing the music.

One of the great things about Bloodborne is that the collaboration with Sony allowed them to go all out with the music.

Status
Not open for further replies.