• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
wasn't Fallout 4 announced just 2-3 months before release?...so it's possible...

5 months actually, really fast, but I would't put that as a norm. I mean, anything is possible, but that doesn't fall in line with how from has announced and released their products, I would say march is way too early.

Still, we don't even know if they are shwoing anything on gamescom, if they aren't there are even lower chances of this releasing so early.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Elden Ring hasn't followed the typical Fromsoft marketing schedule (past 3-4 major games).

1. No release date window at E3 (There was one for DS3, Sekiro, BB etc)

2. No E3 behind closed doors demo

3. Skipped Gamescom.

Anyone's guess at this point, but this is not surprising considering this is the biggest game they've ever made. I hope Fromsoft takes all the time they need! Dark Souls 1, and DeS came out in the Fall, so could be the case for ER.

Last edited:

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Elden Ring hasn't followed the typical Fromsoft marketing schedule.

1. No release date window at E3 (There was one for DS3, Sekiro, BB etc)

2. No E3 behind closed doors demo

3. Skipped Gamescom.

Anyone's guess at this point, but this is not surprising considering this is the biggest game they've ever made. I hope Fromsoft takes all the time they need!
Mhm

- Sekiro started development around when Old Hunters came out November 24th 2015 and released in March 2019. that's around 3,5 years of development time.

- Elden Ring started development after Ringed City which came out March 27th 2017. If Elden Ring was to release in March 2020 then it would have been in development for 3 years.

Elden Ring just like Sekiro is aiming to try new things ("Things they weren't able to do in the Dark Souls series") more open world, new combat etc. On top of that they market the phrase "FROMSOFTWARE's largest game to date". Now I don't know the manpower behind ER or how heavy they are outsourcing assets but I sometimes feel bad for the crazy high expectations I have towards this company.

They consistently put out quality games in a timely manner and when they end up deviating a tiny bit from their supposed "release or marketing schedule" I sit here and whine. I need to work on that.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Mhm

- Sekiro started development around when Old Hunters came out November 24th 2015 and released in March 2019. that's around 3,5 years of development time.

- Elden Ring started development after Ringed City which came out March 27th 2017. If Elden Ring was to release in March 2020 then it would have been in development for 3 years.

Elden Ring just like Sekiro is aiming to try new things ("Things they weren't able to do in the Dark Souls series") more open world, new combat etc. On top of that they market the phrase "FROMSOFTWARE's largest game to date". Now I don't know the manpower behind ER or how heavy they are outsourcing assets but I sometimes feel bad for the crazy high expectations I have towards this company.

They consistently put out quality games in a timely manner and when they end up deviating a tiny bit from their supposed "release or marketing schedule" I sit here and whine. I need to work on that.

Agreed. We just have to be patient, it'll be worth it per usual with Fromsoft.

I love how this is the picture they use LOL! Muntaner

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
They've been doing this for the past few weeks now. They're gonna run out of material soon if nothing comes out of this
I've been saying this for a while now, they either go quiet, start repeating quotes/shots from the trailer or put out something new

Is not a dwarf? What it is then?
Edit:a giant? Wtf how i did not saw this
AHHHHHHHHH
This is what i meant lol, i just find it so funny
Not only does he have small tiny corpses by his side and a bunch of spears on his back...he's also the guy who gets hit in the armor by the spear knight prior to that shot
And he doesnt have tusks or a big nose!!! Its his helmet

Muntaner

May 12, 2018
Agreed. We just have to be patient, it'll be worth it per usual with Fromsoft.

I love how this is the picture they use LOL! Muntaner

Well. My hope is that they finish the material that they're using to share such media, then they'll be forced to share something new. :)

By the way, (recently) this is the first time Bandai Namco shares an Elden Ring tease. The previous shares all came from Elden Ring's or FromSoftware's accounts. Or they are trolling till the end of the Gamescom, or something is really going to happen. Or just a random tease, and our hype makes us to overthink @ everything.
I lost my hopes for Gamescom, anyway.

Last edited:

Guildenstern

Oct 29, 2017
Mhm

Elden Ring is project 1, certainly at the time they were in pre-production, but are still 3 years of full development now. Perhaps Omnipotent can reveal us when the project was born ...

Muntaner

May 12, 2018

Elden Ring is project 1, certainly at the time they were in pre-production, but are still 3 years of full development now. Perhaps Omnipotent can reveal us when the project was born ...

The E3 showing and the Sekiro/Deracinè thing does not really matchup with the "3 games in the works" sentence, Omni already told us that some time ago.

Also, Miyazaki said Elden Ring started development right after The Ringed City DLC release.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
No lol
I'm not that interesting or exciting, or australian.

And while I know that this is probably only meant in jest but it would also be best that we don't start rumors like that either, as trying to attribute my identity to someone else, especially given that he still works in the industry on a number of projects, what I'm "known" for and the internets proven interest in getting clicks and attention rather than spreading the truth. Doing stuff like this could be damaging to both his career and life and I don't want to be any sort of responsible for that, especially when it's not true.

He's doing good work by trying to give others opportunities to get into the industry and I don't want silly rumors to ruin that. He and I have no association whatsoever.

Muntaner

May 12, 2018
You guys might be interested in this:

I wouldnt expect much on ER, just cool tidbits of what its like at From.

The formality of japanese companies interviews is scary.

On ER: "what I was working on similar to Dark Souls, I guess [...], can't really say much about ER, it has a lot of similarities but a lot of things have been added that have never been in Dark Souls or Bloodborne"

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Yeah might have been extremely early. I was basing my timeline on Miyazaki's Xbox interview where he said.
Hidetaka Miyazaki, Game Director: Development for Elden Ring started just after development for the Dark Souls 3 DLC had ended. At the time, Elden Ring was being planned as a more classic fantasy title compared to others that were either being considered or already in the early stages of development.
Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06...artin-present-elden-ring/#6mUEZUiv0GJTUPSk.99
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/09/hidetaka-miyazaki-and-george-rr-martin-present-elden-ring/

Super cool, gonna watch this now. He created some cool DS3 level assets in UE4 on his Artstation
https://www.artstation.com/benroachstudios/profile

EDIT: lol, seems it was those assets that landed him the job there.

Last edited:

D4nlel

Jun 11, 2019
According to a guy in the subreddit Elden Ring discord, the game was shown to press at Gamescom! Of course take it with a grain of salt, but we might get articles soon.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
According to a guy in the subreddit Elden Ring discord, the game was shown to press at Gamescom! Of course take it with a grain of salt, but we might get articles soon.
According to a guy in some Discord of some subreddit... yeah no. Let's not do this. This is how bogus rumours spread.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

That was a good watch. Funny how they don't really like people going to different floors to check the other projects lol

On ER: "what I was working on similar to Dark Souls, I guess [...], can't really say much about ER, it has a lot of similarities but a lot of things have been added that have never been in Dark Souls or Bloodborne"

Ftr I think he meant this regarding the art and not gameplay mechanics since that wasn't his area.

It's curious because I always thought Dark Souls was already pretty diverse in that aspect, I wonder what type of new areas will be in Elden Ring.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
Ftr I think he meant this regarding the art and not gameplay mechanics since that wasn't his area.

It's curious because I always thought Dark Souls was already pretty diverse in that aspect, I wonder what type of new areas will be in Elden Ring.
Didnt think of it this way but you are probably right. Makes more sense that he'd be talking about level design / scenery .

In that case, we already know the game will have vast open areas so that on its own is already pretty different from souls/bb

In terms of visuals...we never really got a desert area up until the very end of the ringed city (and you had little to do there) and i think that would fit greatly with the design of an open field to explore. Ofc in again thinking of shadow of the colossus.

Additionally, omni has brought up 'underground' a bunch of times now. Huge underground cities could be a cool concept, maybe something similar to minas moria. This was also kinda explored already in ds2's dlc but in a small portion.

We could also look at scotland for inspiration...lakeside castles, giant rocky cliffs at the edge of the sea, islands..

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
Additionally, omni has brought up 'underground' a bunch of times now. Huge underground cities could be a cool concept, maybe something similar to minas moria. This was also kinda explored already in ds2's dlc but in a small portion.
I'll bet that concept art is of an underground area. Skin wearing weirdos lurking around in dark underground hallways...

amprainy

May 31, 2019

Thanks for the heads up! Igromania also specifically stated they were being shown a demo on their website and other than Saint's Row being absent from Gamescom, there's no reason to think this still won't be the case, so I think it's likely we'll be getting some more info in the next several days.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Hey...

Lm93KRM.gif

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
I want it yesterday but I also would love for it to be a next-gen game. Launch game for PS5 and Xbox 4 that takes advantage of the extra powa.

D4nlel

Jun 11, 2019
Do they have any credibility at all, or are they just some random user?
He was talking about Gamescom for a while now, and definitely went on press day. Other than that he is just a regular on the discord, so not fully random, but not far from it. He did not mention any details of course, except that it definitely seemed like an actual alpha (not in the demo sense), but was running smooth. Presentations are supposedly hourly, and end later today.

Muntaner

May 12, 2018
I don't know if it's relevant or true (but the source should be legit and reliable). One guy on reddit found a new article on Elden Ring on the german site of Gamersglobal.

Relevant parts (translated from German):
To the game itself Ben did not want to tell me much, after all, the Japanese are what NDAs, the "strictest Motherfucker", so much so that it is an open world of By-software-art with numerous approaches that it will be again more in the direction of Action RPG with character adjustments will be that you orient yourself to Nordic-Germanic mythology and will experience much mysticism and that it is common in the Souls games, many demanding opponents and blatant bosses in subterranean and supernatural "dungeons" to fight. But one way or the other you can read this on relevant websites and of course on GamersGlobal.
Real news about Elden Ring, according to Ben, we should definitely get to see and hear later this year. Sure, not at the gamescom in August, not at the Paris Games Week in late October, but at the Tokyo Game Show in mid-September or at the EGX Berlin in early November

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
The mention of underground areas makes me believe its a legit article as omni has mentioned those in the past but its the first time we hear it from the press
Either that or they've been lurking this thread

aLoneWalker

Attempted to create multiple alt accounts
Banned
Jul 16, 2019
Wow another safe and uncreative leak.

Nah, not going to buy it this time.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Buckling in for TGS & TGA. I still can't believe the whole Miyazaki & GRRM thing, the potential is just....

Last edited:

aLoneWalker

Attempted to create multiple alt accounts
Banned
Jul 16, 2019
If the new consoles have backwards compatibility does that mean you can run a ps4/xone ER on them and have better framerate and upscaled graphics or am I wrong? Because if so, why would they make a Scholar of the First Ring?

NIV093

May 31, 2019
I stumbled upon an interesting reddit post a while back. In From Software's PSVR game Deracine , a character named Nils is reading a book on herbs. If you take a look inside the book theres a lot of interesting gameplay descriptions and lore that obviously don't pertain to gameplay in Deracine. Theres mention of using herbs to boost resistance to debilitating statuses like blight/ corrosive attacks. Herbs that render level 1 rotten meat "edible". Herbs that boost recovery rolls near death. . Theres mention of frigid Northern Kingdoms and coastal areas. Theres a description of House Ull the Unconquered and their sigil . All of this sounds like it would fit right at home in an Open World RPG that we now know Elden Ring to be. Obviously From Soft always teases their projects but these descriptions sound really specific to me and almost like straight up item descriptions and mechanics that could be implemented in Elden Ring. I actually posted this in a thread a while back and got some good feedback. Was wondering what everyone's thoughts are about this. Or maybe it's just teasing Deracine 2:Prepare to Die Edition

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Entirely possible. Anyway, TGS is quite probable even without articles saying so.

I don't think TGS is probable for gameplay. If it was ready, they would've showed it at Gamescom. TGS is weeks away, and it's a smaller audience. I doubt the game is ready to be shown until TGA's, but I could see some screenshots, or new info released at TGS.

I stumbled upon an interesting reddit post a while back. In From Software's PSVR game Deracine , a character named Nils is reading a book on herbs. If you take a look inside the book theres a lot of interesting gameplay descriptions and lore that obviously don't pertain to gameplay in Deracine. Theres mention of using herbs to boost resistance to debilitating statuses like blight/ corrosive attacks.

People do seem to be cracking, diseased, burning, and shattering in Elden Ring.

elden-ring.jpg
dsv0rpqppni31.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.