• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AAFCC

Dec 2, 2019
Fake as hell. Miyazaki said there will be a wide amount of unique horrorific bosses. 10 is far from "wide"

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Everybody that goes nuts when they see anything from From Software, I just want ya'll to do one thing when Armored Core gets announced next week.....
giphy.gif

I wish I could but I don't like scifi mech games the way I like medieval games. I love the medieval setting and a dark desolate world. That's what Souls fans like for the most part. I'll definitely give it a try cause I love From Software but I won't be excited.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Do we know how long AC has been in development? If it's further along in development than we might think then From can easily surprise us with an AC release next year and save Elden Ring for 2021 on the new consoles. The fact that Elden ring development started only after Ringed City gives it only 3 years or less with a 2020 release window which is very short even for From, especially when Miyazaki said it's one of their biggest games so far.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Everybody that goes nuts when they see anything from From Software, I just want ya'll to do one thing when Armored Core gets announced next week.....
giphy.gif
I mean, I'm interested because it's From, but big robots don't do it for me like wizards and warriors do, sorry. I used to love Virtua On in the arcades, that's about as mech as I ever got.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could but I don't like scifi mech games the way I like medieval games. I love the medieval setting and a dark desolate world. That's what Souls fans like for the most part. I'll definitely give it a try cause I love From Software but I won't be excited.
I mean, I'm interested because it's From, but big robots don't do it for me like wizards and warriors do, sorry. I used to love Virtua On in the arcades, that's about as mech as I ever got.
I didn't really like mechs until I played Armored Core. Well, I'm still not super into mechs, but the Armored Core games are still pretty dang cool. I'd love to see a more modern reboot of the series, though I've only played titles available on the PS2 so I am unfamiliar with last gen's entries, though they look a lot faster but less weighty IMO from what I have seen. But anyway, if you like customizing and and making builds, which is something I really really enjoy in Souls, you may like AC to some extent. There's a TON of variety.

That being said, I can only really get excited for a new one myself if it is coming to PC (or Switch, I guess)

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Omni hype post never fails to hype me up. Thank you so much for this Omni, if you read this.

AAFCC

Dec 2, 2019
Hey Mifec , I remember I read a post from you months ago saying you know 1% more than us and the two things you know more than us were : no boats and release date before next gen ( you said in another post usual release march/ april ). So , what have changed now ? These infos were just your speculations or you were told by an insider ? You seem now no longer sure about early 2020

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Mifec , I remember I read a post from you months ago saying you know 1% more than us and the two things you know more than us were : no boats and release date before next gen ( you said in another post usual release march/ april ). So , what have changed now ? These infos were just your speculations or you were told by an insider ? You seem now no longer sure about early 2020
I just got something that omni told me wrong. That was literally it.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Understood. So, since you are in touch with him what do you think about his words salad with the hint " vid awards " ? Pure coincidence or you think we can expect to see something soon ?
It spells out vid awrds. He'd say TGA anyway like how he spelt out UK and Scotland.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Expectations lowered for TGA and as Mifec said, gotta stay strong until we finally see it. On the bright side 2020 isn't exactly lacking blockbusters games to keep us busy.

SayemAhmd

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 3, 2019
I wouldn't count on a public appearance or gameplay reveal at TGA. It's not really following the speed of the PR cycle as the other From games before it. My bets are on a gameplay trailer at E3, network test around Gamescom and launching at the end of the year or the start of 2021.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I know people don't really like MMOs (MMO-lites) or GaaS models but thinking about Elden Ring I'm starting to hope that it's more than your average 20-40 hour action RPG...
What if a small team would keep supporting the game for years to come. Not just one or two DLC chunks and that's it but meaningful smaller updates that keep the game fresh. I feel like ER could be the culmination of all the previous Souls-likes so supporting it in the future would be great.

I'm thinking about:
New dungeons (think Bloodborne Chalice dungeons but way bigger and handcrafted instead of randomly generated) with...
New or modified bosses
New armor and weapons
New quests
Challenges
Crafting beyond just upgrading equipment

In a perfect world we'd get both new DLC chunks in addition to regular smaller content drops.
I'd happily pay for it if the game is worth it.

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
Well, GRR Martin is involved in the game, so getting no news about it for 10 years could be something that happens.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Well, GRR Martin is involved in the game, so getting no news about it for 10 years could be something that happens.
I doubt his involvement extends past developing the lore and world building which must be done by now to some extent, as it's confirmed the game's writing is being done by From/Miyazaki(?).

Mar 19, 2019
I know people don't really like MMOs (MMO-lites) or GaaS models but thinking about Elden Ring I'm starting to hope that it's more than your average 20-40 hour action RPG...
What if a small team would keep supporting the game for years to come. Not just one or two DLC chunks and that's it but meaningful smaller updates that keep the game fresh. I feel like ER could be the culmination of all the previous Souls-likes so supporting it in the future would be great.

I'm thinking about:
New dungeons (think Bloodborne Chalice dungeons but way bigger and handcrafted instead of randomly generated) with...
New or modified bosses
New armor and weapons
New quests
Challenges
Crafting beyond just upgrading equipment

In a perfect world we'd get both new DLC chunks in addition to regular smaller content drops.
I'd happily pay for it if the game is worth it.

People aren't fans of DLC either, sadly, and nowadays people have a knee-jerk reaction of equating a game with DLC to shamelessness.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
A Demon's Souls remake would neither be published by Bandai or developed by FROM.

Sure, but that doesn't mean it makes sense for FROM to release a "Souls like" game in or near the same window of when DeS is rumored to be releasing.

A FromSoft staff member changed their Twitter banner to Armored Core, hinting that they're going to announce a new game in the series.

That was "debunked" late yesterday.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
https://twitter.com/senden_ogu?lang=en Ogura has been making AC tweets ages now. Is the banner picture a new one or is it from an older AC game?

People expecting a new AC game to make waves when time and time again these types of mech games have come out and turned into dust no matter who the publisher/developer was. The support isn't there. It's such a niche genre WW. I know FROM isn't the type of company to chase trends etc. but hey if they can find a publisher to publish a new AC game (cause they will want a return on investment) why not.

Not a mech fan but I know there's a small fanbase out there for AC. Would be shocked if it made it out to retail and has the same production value as their ARPG's.

Last edited:

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
https://twitter.com/senden_ogu?lang=en Ogura has been making AC tweets ages now. Is the banner picture a new one or is it from an older AC game?

People expecting a new AC game to make waves when time and time again these types of mech games have come out and turned into dust no matter who the publisher/developer is. The support isn't there. It's such a niche genre WW. I know FROM isn't the type of company to chase trends etc. but hey if they can find a publisher to publish a new AC game (cause they will want a return on investment) why not.

Not a mech fan but I know there's a small fanbase out there for AC.

The banner has no specific relationship to any game in development.

Game Spark got in touch with Yasunori Ogura and asked about the image, who confirmed it is not related to a new title. He simply has not set a new header image since the launch of Metal Wolf Chaos XD in August, and had no intention of suggesting a new title. The image itself is from Amored Core: Verdict Day. It was not used much, so it was misunderstood as a new image.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I see we're now talking about Armoured Core rather than Elden Ring. Maybe it's time to let this thread die and necromancer it back once we have more official, or verified leaked information?

Not moaning. Just a suggestion.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
I dont know guys...literally nothing has happened in the last few days and I see many now leaving the TGA dream behind.
Better to have no expectations in case nothing happens I guess

How about you go and take a closer look at what exactly he posted and what it was a response to.
You could read those posts in many ways tbh. Some on here think he's just teasing so that more people watch the TGAs, others (like you) take it like its 100% literal confirmation that the game wont be there. I think all those interpretations are valid but it's a bit weird that he keeps hoping on this specific thread when he rarely posts in any other that isnt related to death stranding or TGA.
If he wanted us to let go of our expectations for TGA then why post in the first place?.

Maybe a unknown new IP? Mecha Souls would be amazing. I know it's nothing but I dream.
From what I gather from Gematsu/etc. last night, the header has nothing specifically to do with any game in development?
Armored core is confirmed to be in developement so its not entirely unrelated
Omni straight up confirmed it back in 2018 pre-e3. Said developement was going smooth but still in early stages.
You also have some miyazaki interviews from around that time where he hinted at armored core and fromsoft confirming that they had plans for the Ip

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I see we're now talking about Armoured Core rather than Elden Ring. Maybe it's time to let this thread die and necromancer it back once we have more official, or verified leaked information?

Not moaning. Just a suggestion.
Or you could ignore it and move on. If any major news were to come out then a new thread would be made. Let people speculate about From's stuff in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.