• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I dont know guys...literally nothing has happened in the last few days and I see many now leaving the TGA dream behind.
Better to have no expectations in case nothing happens I guess

You could read those posts in many ways tbh. Some on here think he's just teasing so that more people watch the TGAs, others (like you) take it like its 100% literal confirmation that the game wont be there. I think all those interpretations are valid but it's a bit weird that he keeps hoping on this specific thread when he rarely posts in any other that isnt related to death stranding or TGA.
If he wanted us to let go of our expectations for TGA then why post in the first place?.

Armored core is confirmed to be in developement so its not entirely unrelated

If you check out subsequent replies, they reached out to the dev. The header image isn't some clue.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I dont know guys...literally nothing has happened in the last few days and I see many now leaving the TGA dream behind.
Better to have no expectations in case nothing happens I guess
I took Geoff's pitchfork gif as an indication that Elden Ring will be a no-show. Maybe they are waiting until one of the next-gen console reveals to show next-gen footage.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Deracine, Sekiro, Metal Wolf Chaos?
Yezir

giphy.gif

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
I took Geoff's pitchfork gif as an indication that Elden Ring will be a no-show. Maybe they are waiting until one of the next-gen console reveals to show next-gen footage.

that's my take too and i'm hurt. it's like my most wanted AAA game with TLOU2.

but i do believe we will see it soon, as many youtubers were/are at bandai namco's office.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
If you check out subsequent replies, they reached out to the dev. The header image isn't some clue.
Oh i know it isnt a clue to the developement of a new AC but I just wanted to let you guys know that, regardless of that header, we know they are already working on a new AC.

To get people to watch it, duh
So why would he post a gif that literally means "game wont be shown" when he wants people to watch the TGAs?
Again, i just think it's not worth it trying to read into his posts

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
So why would he post a gif that literally means "game wont be shown" when he wants people to watch the TGAs?
His first gif was a vague tease that got people completely hyped.
His second gif was pitchforks, which suggests that he knows people will be disappointed. He doesn't care though because he already got the hook in for people to watch.

That's my interpretation anyway. One thing is for sure: I, personally, will not watch TGA, as I find them absolutely insufferable in every way. If I miss some new cool reveal trailer I can always watch it on youtube later anyway. I don't expect that I'll even miss anything, though.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
TGA is at an unacceptable timeframe for the European pleb so fuck off anyway.

I don't think anyone would gain anything of interest watching it rather than checking the news out wherever, unless actively interested in the gala side of things and the awards themselves, so I don't blame Geoff for trying to bait anybody into watching huh. So I don't think his posts have any real meaning. He obviously couldn't comment beforehand if there was something, and also wouldn't want to kill general videogame hype prior to his event so he wouldn't deconfirm either if there was nothing.

Nothing to see here.

The Bamco offices thing must be a ruse too, around gamescom it was said too that there were visits if I'm not mistaken and it turned out to be fucking nothing, right?

We are alone. We know the same amount of nothing as a couple weeks ago. One can still believe anyway (or not).

I just say, if the game is not releasing in less than 6 months, leave us the fuck alone. And I personally think they would indeed, so there's an idea regarding whether there'll be TGA presence or not. Plus TGA may not be the best place for this, but it's my last hope of getting the game this gen as announced, next year, before summer.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Or you could ignore it and move on. If any major news were to come out then a new thread would be made. Let people speculate about From's stuff in here.

I wish I could ignore it. My favourite developer working with one of my favourite writers....it's like a dream project for me. Every time this thread gets bumped my heart skips a beat.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could ignore it. My favourite developer working with one of my favourite writers....it's like a dream project for me. Every time this thread gets bumped my heart skips a beat.

Refreshing the Elden Ring sub (the main one, not the weird discussion one lol) has been an exercise in futility in months.

Still, can't wait for the first time I see Glaive Master Hodir!

Duty

Oct 25, 2017
Uhh, it's comming?

edit: it was nothing.

Oh boy, my heart can't handle this.

Last edited:

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
FROM ain't working on a Demons Souls remake.

I don't believe that's actually the concern though. It's more about one "Souls" game somehow taking away from another if they release too close to each other. I doubt that would really be the case with those who are hyped for both (possible) games though.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe that's actually the concern though. It's more about one "Souls" game somehow taking away from another if they release too close to each other. I doubt that would really be the case with those who are hyped for both (possible) games though.
Even if it was, the one who will end up losing will inevitably be the remake of the PS3 game, versus the newest creation by the same team and director, with George R R Martin's name attached to it.

If anything, it's Sony who will delay Demon's for that reason. From and Namco have no reason to give a shit.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Even if it was, the one who will end up losing will inevitably be the remake of the PS3 game, versus the newest creation by the same team and director, with George R R Martin's name attached to it.

If anything, it's Sony who will delay Demon's for that reason. From and Namco have no reason to give a shit.

I don't think any will lose anything. Demon's Souls, if done well, I guess it'll do good considering it'll be one of the games to get on the new console. I doubt there will be many AAA PS5 games at launch so I doubt Sony would delay that one if it's ready.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe either FROM or Bamco care seeing as they have Martin attached to their game and one is a remake of a niche game.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
FROM ain't working on a Demons Souls remake.

I never said they were.

I don't believe either FROM or Bamco care seeing as they have Martin attached to their game and one is a remake of a niche game.

FROM and Bamco wouldn't care if that's Sony's big PS5 launch exclusive? I dunno, that seems to be a bit of a stretch.

Obviously, this is all speculative. I just don't know how you release a "PS4" game during a next gen launch window, especially with what's rumored to be coming in that window.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
The little music we've heard of this game sounds so good. Really feels like their next epic, the game to surpass Dark Souls.

Aug 26, 2019
His first gif was a vague tease that got people completely hyped.
His second gif was pitchforks, which suggests that he knows people will be disappointed. He doesn't care though because he already got the hook in for people to watch.

That's my interpretation anyway. One thing is for sure: I, personally, will not watch TGA, as I find them absolutely insufferable in every way. If I miss some new cool reveal trailer I can always watch it on youtube later anyway. I don't expect that I'll even miss anything, though.
I honestly think he's just trolling, and it will be there. He would have never posted in the thread if it wasn't going to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.