• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Bruh if this is true what idiot decided to reveal the game so goddamn early. This wait for info is ridiculous.

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
Real cold and 100% correct chad take:

DS2 is as good as DS1 simply on the fact that it has AMAZING dlc and that the second part of DS1 is absolute unfinished dogshit.

I have spoken.
The second half has the Dukes Archives, the Painted World and the Tomb of Giants. All excellent levels. And 1 has equally good dlc.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
Nevermind its a big fake, seems like its a really elaborate frankenstein monster taking parts from other fromsoft artworks
The fact that im taking the time to edit this so that I can go back to believing the tga dream
cb8b950f4f262255d826a5914faeaa7a.jpg

I swear they are trying to go full grinchleak on us

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
Nevermind its a big fake, seems like its a really elaborate frankenstein monster taking parts from other fromsoft artworks
The fact that im taking the time to edit this so that I can go back to believing the tga dream

Regardless it's definitely really well made, it's weird that someone would put together something so elaborate just to be potentially debunked a week from now.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
Regardless it's definitely really well made, it's weird that someone would put together something so elaborate just to be potentially debunked a week from now.
Nah, it's entirely fake, it even left in the same hood bit from the hollow enemy. Sorry for the terrible quality
I know concept art *sometimes* reuses elements from other designs (I'd argue this is less than acceptable tho, as it has bits from 4+ different designs)
but the hood part specially makes it just look like a fake one
4db82c12f54191c99ea0d7a7ffb9e4af.png

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
Nah, it's entirely fake, it even left in the same hood bit from the hollow enemy. Sorry for the terrible quality
I know concept art *sometimes* reuses elements from other designs (I'd argue this is less than acceptable tho, as it has bits from 4+ different designs)
but the hood part specially makes it just look like a fake one
4db82c12f54191c99ea0d7a7ffb9e4af.png
You're probably right honestly, I'll go back to being hyped. It's still hard to get over how well made it is.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Bruh if this is true what idiot decided to reveal the game so goddamn early. This wait for info is ridiculous.
The wait is only made ridiculous by the trolls/attention seekers trying to get their 15mins fame. (Which is ridiculous in itself when you post as "anonymous" or "From freelance artist" oooohhh, mysterious... -_-)

hideousarmor doing work but that DS3 high school art class collage is proof that we should stop looking to 4ch for new info and "leaks". It's almost sad at this point.

Oct 25, 2017
The second half has the Dukes Archives, the Painted World and the Tomb of Giants. All excellent levels. And 1 has equally good dlc.

Not a big fan of ToTG (fuck the skeleton dogs. I always end up running through the damn level) but after hearing how bad the back half of DS was for years and finally playing through it in the remaster, I found this complaint to be very overstated.

Oct 25, 2017
Ringed City is one of the best DLC out there. Ariandel was alright too, it had a pretty great boss.

Ariandel grew on me and I find it to be fantastic. The problem was that it was coming off of the Old Hunters, which itself was a combination of multiple planned dlcs anyway. I feel like people (like me) forget this last point. Had AoA and TRC between released together as a single DLC, Old Hunters would have been eclisped.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
I'm trying my hardest not to think about this game but you guys just have to pull me in, and once again IT'S FUCKING NOTHING!!!!

Forget the game someone please show me photo of Miyazaki taking a shit in FromSoftware so that I at least know the game is still in development.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sekiro is a very good game but a step back from their latest titles . Combat was awesome ( probably their best to date ) but atmosphere, lore , areas , enemies and bosses variety and design , were just not on the level of quality of the other titles.
Nah, atmosphere was fanatstic. Areas like Mt. Kongo, Mibu Village or Fountainhead are some of the best From ever created, especially because of their verticality. It's easy to miss it though thanks to your high mobility.

Bosses were great? A lot of them were humanoid, but their mechanics and movesets widely differed.
From the general on the horse, Lady Butterfly, Genichiro, the Guardian Ape, Divine Dragon (which was more of a spectacle than challenge, but what a spectacle it was), the Owl, Isshin or the Demon of Hatred, these fights were super varied in every sense.

The game has its faults, but those aren't imo. I also have a feeling alot of people compare the game to Bloodborne or DS 3 with their DLC included. It's easy to forget how short or poor in weapon variety Bloodborne was before the DLC came out. Some of the best areas like Fishing Hamlet or the Research Hall didn't exist back then, either.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Hey speaking of DLC is there any Dark Souls 3 DLC that will get me like a powerful weapon or something so I can get unstuck and I beat Yhorm or Sulyvahn

Res

Oct 25, 2017

lol yeah everything about that post is questionable. These fake leaks will ramp up once tga gets closer

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, atmosphere was fanatstic. Areas like Mt. Kongo, Mibu Village or Fountainhead are some of the best From ever created, especially because of their verticality. It's easy to miss it though thanks to your high mobility.

Bosses were great? A lot of them were humanoid, but their mechanics and movesets widely differed.
From the general on the horse, Lady Butterfly, Genichiro, the Guardian Ape, Divine Dragon (which was more of a spectacle than challenge, but what a spectacle it was), the Owl, Isshin or the Demon of Hatred, these fights were super varied in every sense.

The game has its faults, but those aren't imo. I also have a feeling alot of people compare the game to Bloodborne or DS 3 with their DLC included. It's easy to forget how short or poor in weapon variety Bloodborne was before the DLC came out. Some of the best areas like Fishing Hamlet or the Research Hall didn't exist back then, either.
Sekiro's atmosphere is indeed fantastic. I think a lot of people don't realize that they just don't like the setting, and nothing From could do would change their minds. Because I can't see how anyone who is into what they were trying to do could reach Fountainhead Palace and think "this game has no atmosphere", like I've seen expressed many times.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Sekiro's atmosphere is indeed fantastic. I think a lot of people don't realize that they just don't like the setting, and nothing From could do would change their minds. Because I can't see how anyone who is into what they were trying to do could reach Fountainhead Palace and think "this game has no atmosphere", like I've seen expressed many times.
Seeing Fountainhead for the first time after finally killing the monk made the 2 hours I've spent on that fight instantly feel worthwhile.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Sekiro is incredible and the world theycreated revolving around Ashina is fucking amazing.

Btw chapter 7 of Hanbei has finally been translated.

the_wart

Oct 25, 2017
I'll check that out what about the other guy?

That was where I gave up trying to not use a shield with my STR build, because his attack chains were too fast and long for me to dodge through. I found that by staying close and circle-strafing around him he'd miss enough attacks that I could tank the rest with a shield, and by the time he left an opening I'd still have enough stamina to get in a hit or two.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
First off: Thanks to Morrigan for posting my message and thanks to everyone else for the incredibly kind responses, don't want to spam anyone's inbox by responding to them one by one but I did read all of them and I appreciate it and you guys immensely. Thanks for having me and hopefully that post gave you guys a bit more understanding into what I do.

Secondly: Please don't ask me about TGA

Thirdly:

I was going to wait a few more weeks before coming back, but the amount of effort you put into this, especially in such a short period of time is pretty incredible to the point of making me want to come back and give you props for doing this. You've got a sharp eye for details.

As for the image itself, it's a pretty solid fake and would make for a cool design. Not sure if the "leaker" made this themselves or someone else did but, cool nonetheless.

Hopefully after this ordeal
and the 10 million others
we can all agree to stop sharing "leaks" off of 4chan as well as Reddit as they're always either mostly or entirely untrue, with a hodge podge of common sense, information taken from legitimate and non legitimate sources and are full of and things that sound good if your expectations are totally unrealistic and or you have zero understanding as to how From develops games or how games are developed in general.

Sharing them and even bothering to give them the time of day is just wasting breath as well as giving the attention seekers what they want, which only encourages other attention seekers to do the same thing. As over the last few months I've seen a number of these "leaks" which all seem to piggyback off of one another and only develop into more and more outlandish "leaks".

Rule of thumb: If you haven't heard it from Fromsoft by now
Or me for those that choose to believe me
then chances are it's not true or guesswork at best. This goes for ALL Elden Ring "leaks", illegitimate and ill conceived or otherwise.

And last but not least:
I'm working on some stuff with other community members for you guys that I'm not going to really detail too much right now as I'll probably wait until the new year to get it going but the intention is to create and commit to something that we can all be engaged in to keep a positive and healthy discussion going as well as an overall "From" community on the site as we head into a new year and whatever lies beyond.
For the lurkers who don't have an account on this site and will inevitably discuss this on wherever or get upset or concerned that I'm "leaving them out" again. It's not going to be anything all that crazy.
and I love and appreciate
most
of you too

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
First off: Thanks to Morrigan for posting my message and thanks to everyone else for the incredibly kind responses, don't want to spam anyone's inbox by responding to them one by one but I did read all of them and I appreciate it and you guys immensely. Thanks for having me and hopefully that post gave you guys a bit more understanding into what I do.

Thirdly:

I was going to wait a few more weeks before coming back, but the amount of effort you put into this, especially in such a short period of time is pretty incredible to the point of making me want to come back and give you props for doing this. You've got a sharp eye for details.

As for the image itself, it's a pretty solid fake and would make for a cool design. Not sure if the "leaker" made this themselves or someone else did but, cool nonetheless.

we can all agree to stop sharing "leaks" off of 4chan as well as Reddit as they're always either mostly or entirely untrue, with a hodge podge of common sense, information taken from legitimate and non legitimate sources and are full of and things that sound good if your expectations are totally unrealistic and or you have zero understanding as to how From develops games or how games are developed in general.

Sharing them and even bothering to give them the time of day is just wasting breath as well as giving the attention seekers what they want, which only encourages other attention seekers to do the same thing. As over the last few months I've seen a number of these "leaks" which all seem to piggyback off of one another and only develop into more and more outlandish "leaks".

then chances are it's not true or guesswork at best. This goes for ALL Elden Ring "leaks", illegitimate and ill conceived or otherwise.

And last but not least:
I'm working on some stuff with other community members for you guys that I'm not going to really detail too much right now as I'll probably wait until the new year to get it going but the intention is to create and commit to something that we can all be engaged in to keep a positive and healthy discussion going as well as an overall "From" community on the site as we head into a new year and whatever lies beyond.
For the lurkers who don't have an account on this site and will inevitably discuss this on wherever or get upset or concerned that I'm "leaving them out" again. It's not going to be anything all that crazy.
most
of you too
I wouldn't normally share leaks ("leaks") from 4chan but in this case I made an exception given that the image was well made and that the text accompanying it wasn't a ridiculous info dump. Anyway, welcome back :)

III-V

Oct 25, 2017

Thirdly:

And last but not least:
most
of you too
Interested to see what's next.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown

Thirdly:

And last but not least:
most
of you too

Welcome back

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I mean there's tons of good art on Elden Ring floating around because Vaati is doing an art challenge to submit fan made bosses. One search on Artstation and you get tons of hits some of them very high quality.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Hi Omni, glad to see you are well. Cheers.
I wouldn't normally share leaks ("leaks") from 4chan but in this case I made an exception given that the image was well made and that the text accompanying it wasn't a ridiculous info dump. Anyway, welcome back :)

Thanks guys ❤
I mean there's tons of good art on Elden Ring floating around because Vaati is doing an art challenge to submit fan made bosses. One search on Artstation and you get tons of hits some of them very high quality.
Seeing the community come together and create something together has been really cool. Got to watch Elden Ring be created in real time from the first appearance of Hodir to the devastating Stickmanus. It's truly been something quite incredible to behold.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
OMG CANT READ NOW BUT GOOD TO SEE U BACK <3

Last edited:

dosh

Oct 25, 2017

Thirdly:

And last but not least:
most
of you too
Welcome back Omni!

Res

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh I tought you were talkin about the image itself. Most of us are already thinking late 2020 so an early 2021 isn't that far of a stretch. Especially when Miyazaki has said "We have tons of work left to do" and "It's our biggest game in terms of sheer volume".

I'm stuck in my own reality where I still think it's gonna release in early 2020 (help)

Status
Not open for further replies.