• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
Omni is verified. So yes its legit. Also Omni''s post provided us with way more insight then that trailer did and thats whats disappointing. I dont find it interesting or exciting for a studio to basically show up with something thats just there to announce theyre working on something. I would be far more irritated had Omni's post not been enough to hold many of us over (and I assume he left more clues to find).

some leaker pretending to be the riddler got everyone hyped up for something that, given From's history of announcements, was never going to happen. if you expected anything super significant from From three months after their last big game came out I honestly don't know what to tell you. you played yourselves

anyway if omni is legit why not just take solace in the fact that you think their leaks sound cool and exciting to you. the game is going to come out and will presumably be that game. earnestly don't know what some people want

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Smasher, you said you checked out of the Fromsoft games even before the leak.

Why would anybody expect you to be enthused?

I was responding to the other poster's point specifically. I wasn't broadcasting the fact that I'm not hyped, I was just saying that I didn't get myself all hyped up for something before the trailer based on leaks.

I'm just at the point in my life where if a game's trailer doesn't actually DEMONSTRATE the game, it's kind of a waste of time.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
looks very Soulsy and a perfect vehicle for GRRM. Write a lot of lore and obscure backstory and never worry about having to pay it off

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
'This is in line with previous From reveals' = 'You're not allowed to dislike the trailer'

Might wanna spend some points on reading skills on your next level up ;)

"You guys must be new."

Well you must be new at people complaining about CGI trailers. It happens all the time. I highly doubt people are genuinely surprised lol.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like it.

Interesting that there's at least two characters in the trailer who seem to be made out of some form of stone.
Maybe it's not even stone but them just literally breaking apart, flesh and all. It's weird af, hope it's not jut another "fire, decline" sort of world though. Trailer could've done without that troll doll character going up in flames. Only thing that made it look too dark soulsy, imo.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I had the same response to this as I did the Sekiro teaser, just annoyed at its vagueness. Not much to discuss, beyond conjecture.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
Like I said. Developers should wait to show off their games until they're in a good enough state to actually be shown. This is not a rare or unique opinion.

it's not rare or unique, just extremely dumb. we know about movies and tv shows far before we see any teasers or trailers. this secrecy circus is unique to games

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Everybody has to know about how unenthused he really is
It's amazing that acknowledging a game's existence needs to be one way or the other on the superlative scale. When you can also be just fine not caring until something substantial happens. Pretending the game is already out and every thought possible has been had on day minus 300 of the game's release is time spent i guess.

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe it's not even stone but them just literally breaking apart, flesh and all. It's weird af, hope it's not jut another "fire, decline" sort of world though. Trailer could've done without that troll doll character going up in flames. Only thing that made it look too dark soulsy, imo.

Possibly. You can see inside the blacksmith's cracks though and they're solid.

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
Its gonna be early 2020 for release considering From's schedule and Leaker info

As for the trailer, I was hoping they would show a bit more of the world (not asking for gameplay) rather than spend 50% of the time posing the names of its creators.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
some leaker pretending to be the riddler got everyone hyped up for something that, given From's history of announcements, was never going to happen. if you expected anything super significant from From three months after their last big game came out I honestly don't know what to tell you. you played yourselves

anyway if omni is legit why not just take solace in the fact that you think their leaks sound cool and exciting to you. the game is going to come out and will presumably be that game. earnestly don't know what some people want
Omni has been leaking From stuff for awhile now. I also didn't need the trailer to go balls to the walls with reveals. Its just that even without Omni's post what could you have possibly inferred about that game on its own from the trailer? Without the title I would have guessed dark souls 4. Nothing new or different happened to give us any indication about what kind of a game this is going to be. Bloodborne also came with a cgi trailer, however was one that gave us a ton more info and ideas as to what kind of game it would be as opposed to this one.

I do take solace in that, I even stated as much directly to you. That doesnt change anything about this trailer being underwhelming and not very interesting. Which like I keep saying, thank god for Omni. I'd be far more irritated had he not given us more details to speculate about.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
That troll part definitely screamed "oh its From asking for a trailer make it look as soulsy as possible".

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly. This trailer gives you no idea of what the setting or feel of the game is going to be. Bloodborne's trailer was very in-your-face about the setting and tone.

This trailer is just weird. And "weird" isn't a setting.
Took me a while to find the screenshot, but I even took it to show that part of the trailer:

bloodborne_20180307213pug9.png

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was responding to the other poster's point specifically. I wasn't broadcasting the fact that I'm not hyped, I was just saying that I didn't get myself all hyped up for something before the trailer based on leaks.

I'm just at the point in my life where if a game's trailer doesn't actually DEMONSTRATE the game, it's kind of a waste of time.
I disagree a lot with planetsmasher but I also am entirely in agreement here. CGI trailers just do nothing for me. Without having an idea about gameplay, the reason why I choose to play games, I have no reason to be excited over a pretty cgi trailer.

Like I said. Developers should wait to show off their games until they're in a good enough state to actually be shown. This is not a rare or unique opinion.
Yep. If you dont have anything worth showing off dont bother showing up. Unfortunately that could be said for most of MS's conference today. Which is a bummer.

Interview with Miyazaki

知らぬ

May 9, 2018
tokyo

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Don't know if posted already or not but there is an interview out.
news.xbox.com

E3 2019: Hidetaka Miyazaki and George R. R. Martin Present: Elden Ring - Xbox Wire

Forged from the minds of two of the most influential fantasy world builders today, Elden Ring brings you into a new and fully realized mythos. A collaboration between the creator of the critically-acclaimed Dark Souls series, Hidetaka Miyazaki, and the world-renowned writer George R. R. Martin...

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
interview
news.xbox.com

E3 2019: Hidetaka Miyazaki and George R. R. Martin Present: Elden Ring - Xbox Wire

Forged from the minds of two of the most influential fantasy world builders today, Elden Ring brings you into a new and fully realized mythos. A collaboration between the creator of the critically-acclaimed Dark Souls series, Hidetaka Miyazaki, and the world-renowned writer George R. R. Martin...
Ohhh thanks. Threadmarked. Gonna dive into this.

Oct 25, 2017

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
interview
news.xbox.com

Miyazaki confirming character customization and a heavy emphasis on RPG elements is a good sign. I wish they asked him about co-op, but this is a good first step.

Shokunin

Oct 25, 2017
The city beautiful
Confirmed open world in interview

Miyazaki: If I were to put aside the world full of fresh stimulus thanks to our collaboration with Mr. Martin, I would have to say the biggest difference is it being open world.

Due to this, the scale of the world and its narrative, as well as the depth and freedom of exploration have increased dramatically. It is without a doubt our biggest title yet in terms of sheer volume.

There are many definitions to the term "open world," and I might not be phrasing it correctly, but we have simply tried our own approach to a game with a large, open field to play in.

Gots

Feb 20, 2019
Canada

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
interview
news.xbox.com

Development for Elden Ring started just after development for the Dark Souls 3 DLC had ended.
So give or take it's already a little more than over two years in development.

Unlike Sekiro, which has a heavy focus on action, Elden Ring puts more focus on RPG elements.
There you have it folks.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
So without a year even mentioned, I'm personally assuming this will be a next gen (cross gen) title since we should see more next E3 right before the new consoles drop.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Interview for you to peruse.
news.xbox.com

Seems Miyazaki is a gigantic GRRM fan. He was probably geeking out when he met him.

Game's been in development since they finished the final DS3 DLC, so that means From has been co-developing both Sekiro and this since late 2016/ early 2017.

I feel a Spring 2020 release is very likely.

Development for Elden Ring started just after development for the Dark Souls 3 DLC had ended

So give or take it's already a little more than over a year in development.

Actually over two years. Ringed City came out in early 2017.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Lady with the prosthetic arm and cut arms in general makes me think we cut off our arms for sacrifice and/or utility.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Weird to go for another prosthetic arm.

Art style looks great. Some Berserk vibes, too.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Took me a while to find the screenshot, but I even took it to show that part of the trailer:

bloodborne_20180307213pug9.png

2 Things Sony did amazingly for this game were Marketing and the Music budget. This is the only reason I would ever want them to give from a Truck load of cash again.
interview
news.xbox.com

FINALLY

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much my thinking. I'd rather not know about it if I can't even see what's it's like.

Exactly. Just wait a few months until you have some gameplay to show instead of burning the reveal on nothing.

It's the same reason I literally didn't give a shit about Death Stranding until a couple weeks ago. The game didn't exist until then.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
an open world From game with this aesthetic is going to be completely unlike anything we've ever seen

i usually dont play much of From games (i own a couple of them and have played bits and pieces of some of the others, but i dont have the fortitude to make it through the whole way), just watch walkthroughs of them on youtube because i like the way they look lol, but i think im gonna jump into this one

Status
Not open for further replies.