• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Damn if Jason's right then I'm scared to see what my budget for games in the first half will be 😂😂
I hope you dont collect CEs like i do, otherwise the next few months are:
tenor.gif

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Any hope for a gameplay trailer at gamescom?

I hope so. Gamescom is doing a "Opening Night Live show" for the first time.

"This will give gamers around the world an overview of what to expect during Gamescom week. The brand new show will feature announcements from major publishers and independent developers as well as world premiers with new footage and guest appearances by stars from the international games industry.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018

"This will give gamers around the world an overview of what to expect during Gamescom week. The brand new show will feature announcements from major publishers and independent developers as well as world premiers with new footage and guest appearances by stars from the international games industry.

Yup my money is on this thing.

Bring the goods Keighley

Last edited:

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well if Elden Ring is prepped for 2020 launch, it would make sense to have a gameplay trailer this Gamescom.
if not, well Sony E3 with 2021 Q1 it is.

Femto0

Banned
Apr 28, 2018

Once again our bro Geoff will save us (i hope)

Axelon

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Do you think it will just be a gameplay trailer or a playable demo like Sekiro? I recall it receiving a Best of Gamescom prize. Well deserved.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Do you think it will just be a gameplay trailer or a playable demo like Sekiro? I recall it receiving a Best of Gamescom prize. Well deserved.
If it's there then gameplay trailer and vertical slice showcased by the dev/publisher is my guess. If there is a playable demo like Sekiro then great for those attending. I won't be able to attend Gamescom this year :(

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Hello guys, I've been lurking for ages, and by ages I mean years. But since From games are very important to me and Elden Ring seems to be a real magnum opus (as Omni says) I decided to register an account. I'd like this thread to be more lively and while I know you are all seeking more actual news we all have speculation so far, at least until gamescom. But my two cents on this game are (imo, just speculation)
- It will release in the usual march/april window of next year
- Celtic/Finnish and bits of Norse vibes
- Trying to decipher Omni's hype bomb a bit more because I'm sure it hides more clues
- I'd like Omni to be more active here, I mean, granted he has his own life and stuff to do but here we are thirsty for more insight
Late to the party, but welcome!

Jun 24, 2019
This is one of the games I am super hyped for.

Waited 7 years for Cyberpunk 2077, I don't mind waiting for a few years for this one.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Elden Ring will not be playable at Gamescom, making Elden Ring the first Fromsoftware game not to be playable at the show since DS2 (2013). BB, DS3, Sekiro were all playable at Gamescom, and had release windows beforehand at E3. https://cheapdigitaldownload.com/gamescom-2019-lineup-revealed-by-bandai-namco/. The game also did not have a E3 behind closed doors demo, which those games had.

That doesn't mean a gameplay trailer, and gameplay demo won't be released, you never know.

Oct 25, 2017
That's surprising.

I guess I am buying one of the early 2020 heavy hitters after all, I was sure they'd all have to wait for this.

Not exactly disappointing, though. They should take as long as they need.

Axelon

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Do you think that we'll se anything in playstation tokyo on july 15th? (I just found out it even exists)

Muntaner

May 12, 2018
Looks like Elden Ring will not be playable at Gamescom, making Elden Ring the first Fromsoftware game not to be playable at the show since DS2 (2013). BB, DS3, Sekiro were all playable at Gamescom, and had release windows beforehand at E3. https://cheapdigitaldownload.com/gamescom-2019-lineup-revealed-by-bandai-namco/. The game also did not have a E3 behind closed doors demo, which those games had.

That doesn't mean a gameplay trailer, and gameplay demo won't be released, you never know.

Aw, big oof.

I almost self convinced myself that we were going to see hot stuff @ Gamescom, but Bandai not including it in its lineup... oof.

SpacyJa

Banned
May 18, 2019
Tales of Arise, which is going to be released in 2020, isn't on the list either, so I'm optimistic about ER to be realised in Q1 next year.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018

Might still be a trailer for it especially at that Opening Night Live. What are the odds Sony snags a trailer for their State of Play in the future?

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
Bamco probably wants to give a last big push to code vein so it makes sense that they wouldnt let us play it.
This has nothing to do with them showing a trailer tho. I still think the chances are high.
Either here or at tgs

Axelon

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Bamco probably wants to give a last big push to code vein so it makes sense that they wouldnt let us play it.
This has nothing to do with them showing a trailer tho. I still think the chances are high.
Either here or at tgs
This.
They are self-killing Code Vein if they release a playable demo for Elden Ring. At this point I even doubt there will be a trailer but a man can dream. Still interested in that edgy anime tiddie game, it will make a decent playground while I wait for Elden Ring along with MHW Iceborne.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I can see the game getting an internal delay. Early months of 2020 is stacked anyways.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
So not listed by Bamco themselves, still, does that totally rule out a new trailer? I want to believe it's still a 2020 game, like Jason said on Twitter.

Tales of Arise, which is going to be released in 2020, isn't on the list either, so I'm optimistic about ER to be realised in Q1 next year.

Oh man, that's another game I really want to see more of. Trailer looked great.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This is so obviously a Q2 2020 game, I never understood the Q1 2020 crowd. We'll probably get some gameplay at E3 '20 with it playable on the show floor, some more stuff at Gamescom, and release a month or two later exactly like Dark Souls.

To me, Elden Ring represents an evolution for FromSoftware. It's their first open-world game, their largest game world and production to date. It's been in development for a while but I don't think it's 8 months from launch ready, y'know? Otherwise we definitely would have heard news of gameplay. While Sekiro may have been a nice little side joint, Elden Ring is what's going to define FromSoftware going into the next decade so it makes sense that they'll leave it in the oven for a while. I don't think the Bloodborne/Dark Souls III/Sekiro announce-to-Gamescom gameplay-to-launch applies here. This is a special circumstance bestowed upon their most important game - or at least the game that seems to be shaking up the formula the most.

Last edited:

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
If this is a current gen game, hope it is cross gen so I can continue playing on new hardware

Axelon

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
i hope it's sooner rather than later obviously but please just give me more info, a trailer, SOMETHING
Yeah my problem is not the release date but rather that we don't have a proper trailer yet.. freaking CGI.
This is so obviously a Q2 2020 game, I never understood the Q1 2020 crowd. We'll probably get some gameplay at E3 '20 with it playable on the show floor, some more stuff at Gamescom, and release a month or two later exactly like Dark Souls.

To me, Elden Ring represents an evolution for FromSoftware. It's their first open-world game, their largest game world and production to date. It's been in development for a while but I don't think it's 8 months from launch ready, y'know? Otherwise we definitely would have heard news of gameplay. While Sekiro may have been a nice little side joint, Elden Ring is what's going to define FromSoftware going into the next decade so it makes sense that they'll leave it in the oven for a while. I don't think the Bloodborne/Dark Souls III/Sekiro announce-to-Gamescom gameplay-to-launch applies here. This is a special circumstance bestowed upon their most important game - or at least the game that seems to be shaking up the formula the most.
Why annoucing it so early then? And by Q2 you are confusing it with second half?

Last edited:

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Imagine if, on top of not getting Sekiro DLC, we have to wait until 2021 to play ER.

giphy.gif

We need Nioh 2 to save us from this unbearable uncertainty.

FromSoft is gonna push me into the brink of insanity. To the point that I'm actually considering playing The Surge.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
All this 2021 talk is madness
I never expected them to have a demo at gamescom anyways, not sure why this is causing most people to reconsider it for fall 2020 when just weeks ago we were all set on Q1.
Regardless, i hope they take as much time as they need. This really sounds like their next big thing and I have a feeling they will be able to capture that magic sense of wonder the original ds had.
Theres also a chance this was originally Q1 and they moved it to fall in order to stay away from most AAAs releasing that period
Whatever it ends up being, i think we'll get our answer pretty soon. If theres no trailer at gc or tgs then i too am set on trailer at vgas and released at Q2 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.