• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Wait some people here thinl From is gonna announce a game and go radio silent for a whole year?

I think people is starting to get too fixated with the idea of ER being some kind of higher tier game compared to DS. This ain't gonna be Skyrim, From isn't gonna take 5 years doing this.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope you dont collect CEs like i do, otherwise the next few months are:
tenor.gif

I told myself I would stopped getting CEs since I tend to keep most of it boxed but I'll get Elden Ring's CE.

Axelon

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
I hope this time I get the chance to buy ER CE, I couldn't buy Sekiro one because there wasn't a single one for PC in my country.

aLoneWalker

Attempted to create multiple alt accounts
Banned
Jul 16, 2019
It probably won't be there, but I don't see any new information which confirms this.

We just know it won't be there as a playable game, the "in any form" confirmation isn't anywhere.
While you are correct, I don't think they are coming out of nowhere with that assumption. Also, I've been analyzing past E3 trailers of FROM games to get an idea of when it could be released and I found out something that might be obvious to some and interesting to others.

DS2 was revealed december 2012. The E3 2013 trailer had gameplay and revealed march 2014 release. Bloodborne was revealed with a CGI at E3 2014 and had a "Coming 2015" announcement. DS3 had another CGI at E3 2015 with "Early 2016" while Sekiro had a tease at TGA 2017 and a proper reveal with "EARLY 2019" at E3 2018. This game might break From usual schedule. It has been revealed at E3 2019 but no "Early 2020" or "2020" at all, which doesn't mean it won't come out next year, I think the project is almost ready but not quite as ready as we think. So a second half 2019 release could be very likely, also to avoid a clash with TLOU2, Cyberpunk, FF7 remake and whatever comes in early '20.

Last edited:

Muntaner

May 12, 2018
While you are correct, I don't think they are coming out of nowhere with that assumption. Also, I've been analyzing past E3 trailers of FROM games to get an idea of when it could be released and I found out something that might be obvious to some and interesting to others.

DS2 was revealed december 2012. The E3 2013 trailer had gameplay and revealed march 2014 release. Bloodborne was revealed with a CGI at E3 2014 and had a "Coming 2015" announcement. DS3 had another CGI at E3 2015 with "Early 2016" while Sekiro had a tease at TGA 2017 and a proper reveal with "EARLY 2019" at E3 2018. This game might break From usual schedule. It has been revealed at E3 2019 but no "Early 2020" or "2020" at all, which doesn't mean it won't come out next year, I think the project is almost ready but not quite as ready as we think. So a second half 2019 release could be very likely, also to avoid a clash with TLOU2, Cyberpunk, FF7 remake and whatever comes in early '20.

The only concrete thing we have in our hand regarding the release date is the target generation. It is explicitly PS4/XboxOne...

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
So we know it's open world and still has bosses. But what else? Can we expect towns/villages/cities with NPCs that give us quests? Will their be choices? Will we travel on foot only or are there mounts?

Oct 25, 2017
So we know it's open world and still has bosses. But what else? Can we expect towns/villages/cities with NPCs that give us quests? Will their be choices? Will we travel on foot only or are there mounts?
No towns with a bunch of NPCs, no idea about choices, probably some that lead to different endings like previous games, you can ride a horse, and there's mounted combat.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
We making teams yet?

#teamMarch2020

As Muntaner said, the target consoles are current gen, and that has caducity date already. And the GC thing, it's just not playable by Bamco's part. From themselves could show a trailer I guess, and even show it to media behind closed doors, which is what I think is happening. Bamco is worried about their admittedly shitty Code Vein. I wouldn't show gameplay of anything in a similar genre that would make it look like shit (until after it releases, btw when does it?).

Worst case scenario, Elden Ring is shown at TGS, even playable, and releases summer 2020. Not that bad. Because of course From could vary their usual marketing and release schedules.

Oct 26, 2017
This is so obviously a Q2 2020 game, I never understood the Q1 2020 crowd. We'll probably get some gameplay at E3 '20 with it playable on the show floor, some more stuff at Gamescom, and release a month or two later exactly like Dark Souls.

To me, Elden Ring represents an evolution for FromSoftware. It's their first open-world game, their largest game world and production to date. It's been in development for a while but I don't think it's 8 months from launch ready, y'know? Otherwise we definitely would have heard news of gameplay. While Sekiro may have been a nice little side joint, Elden Ring is what's going to define FromSoftware going into the next decade so it makes sense that they'll leave it in the oven for a while. I don't think the Bloodborne/Dark Souls III/Sekiro announce-to-Gamescom gameplay-to-launch applies here. This is a special circumstance bestowed upon their most important game - or at least the game that seems to be shaking up the formula the most.

Sekiro was released in March 2019, that's Q1
Elden Ring can be released in March 2020 -> Q1 or April -> Q2.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017

Article is incorrect. It has only been confirmed not to be playable at Gamescom, there could still be a gameplay trailer for example.

I have a feeling this is the most curious people have been for a Fromsoft title pre-release, Gamescom is the last major Western show to promote the game until events at the end of the year (TGA). TGS wouldn't get as much attention, so I have my doubts that Bandai would skip a showing at Gamescom.
tumblr_psuv6mcVlt1txj8weo6_r1_500.gif

Oct 25, 2017
About release dates, I don't really care even if comes out in 2021. It's not knowing that bothers me. Much like the wait from E3 2018 to March 2019 felt like nothing, but the months from TGA 2017 to E3 2018 were painful.

We barely know anything about this game at all. Didn't even see a single in-engine screenshot.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
About release dates, I don't really care even if comes out in 2021. It's not knowing that bothers me. Much like the wait from E3 2018 to March 2019 felt like nothing, but the months from TGA 2017 to E3 2018 were painful.

We barely know anything about this game at all. Didn't even see a single in-engine screenshot.
Nextgen launch title would be nice but I can see it being March/April 2021. I guess it depends on how far along they are.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I have a feeling this is the most curious people have been for a Fromsoft title pre-release, Gamescom is the last major Western show to promote the game until events at the end of the year (TGA). TGS wouldn't get as much attention, so I have my doubts that Bandai would skip a showing at Gamescom.

I surely am. I'm in the same mindset as this, Gamescom is huge. No need to have the game playable but at least remind people that it's coming. It seems that Gamescom is trying to get some more eyes on it, especially when it comes to online viewership which is probably why they hired Keighley to kick it off with a bang. Feels like the perfect opportunity.

But hey no pressure, if the game isn't in a presentable state then we just have to wait.

Nextgen launch title would be nice but I can see it being March/April 2021. I guess it depends on how far along they are.

I wouldn't survive this wait.

aLoneWalker

Banned
Jul 16, 2019
Article is incorrect. It has only been confirmed not to be playable at Gamescom, there could still be a gameplay trailer for example.

I hope that you are right then.

Oct 25, 2017
Screenshots and more gameplay details at Gamescom would already make me happy, and would be possible to get even if it runs like shit in the current build.

Oct 26, 2017
Screenshots and more gameplay details at Gamescom would already make me happy, and would be possible to get even if it runs like shit in the current build.

Sekiro playable demo at Gamescom and all the trailers were on PC so i assume every playable demo or trailer for Elden Ring will be on PC.
If they are showing a demo at TGS i do expect PS4 tho

aLoneWalker

Banned
Jul 16, 2019
TGS isn't very far from Gamescom so if we don't see anything about it there we still have a brim of hope. Sekiro got a really badass trailer at TGS last year.

Femto0

Banned
Apr 28, 2018
I hope it has a rich lore like dragon age games it is the only thing that i ask Miyazaki san

Status
Not open for further replies.