• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
they won´t go mainstream difficulty wise, they want to provide a challenge also for seasoned players. should be clear by now.

"world full of danger and threats"

Sekiro wasn´t "too hard" it was just like a rhythm game which many people didn´t understand. once you got the rhythm timing down on the parries it is in fact not hard at all.

So? Far Cry is a world full of danger an threats. That doesn't say shit.

And yes, Sekiro is a very hard game compared to more mainstream experiences. Not everyone has the same reflexes or parry timing. No need to brag about that.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
I'm curious what the difficulty of this one will be like. From's games are all pretty hardcore skewing, but with George R. R. Martin attached and a dark fantasy setting, they may be going more mainstream given how big GoT is.

What do people think? Guaranteed, at least the hardest mode will rival From's most frustrating delights, but will additional modes/QOL/etc. be added to try and widen the audience?

Miyazaki has already said in an interview that we can expect the same level of difficulty as their other games.
Wilkinson: Do you believe this title will turn out to be a very From-like and challenging game?

Miyazaki
: Yes, I do. The importance we place on the joy the player experiences through overcoming challenges will be the same as it is in our other titles. I believe it will prove to be a very satisfying experience.
news.xbox.com

E3 2019: Hidetaka Miyazaki and George R. R. Martin Present: Elden Ring - Xbox Wire

Forged from the minds of two of the most influential fantasy world builders today, Elden Ring brings you into a new and fully realized mythos. A collaboration between the creator of the critically-acclaimed Dark Souls series, Hidetaka Miyazaki, and the world-renowned writer George R. R. Martin...

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
So? Far Cry is a world full of danger an threats. That doesn't say shit.

And yes, Sekiro is a very hard game compared to more mainstream experiences. Not everyone has the same reflexes or parry timing. No need to brag about that.

Yeah, it kinda does considering all their other games were described the same way.

Someone already posted the quote that pretty much confirmed that this game won't be any different.

Last edited:

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Miyazaki has already said in an interview that we can expect the same level of difficulty as their other games.

news.xbox.com

E3 2019: Hidetaka Miyazaki and George R. R. Martin Present: Elden Ring - Xbox Wire

Forged from the minds of two of the most influential fantasy world builders today, Elden Ring brings you into a new and fully realized mythos. A collaboration between the creator of the critically-acclaimed Dark Souls series, Hidetaka Miyazaki, and the world-renowned writer George R. R. Martin...
From the man himself. Thanks for linking

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I think at this point it's no longer a game that will release early or mid 2020. Some sources may have implied that it was, but it seems things have changed.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think at this point it's no longer a game that will release early or mid 2020. Some sources may have implied that it was, but it seems things have changed.

It's not over yet.The Game Awards are just a few days away.If we get nothing there then we can say that.

Also today i had a random thought that if the game is releasing late 2020 then maybe they are saving the gameplay reveal for the new console reveals.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
If there's a reveal at TGA then we'll get a release date/period with the game coming out in late 2020. Sekiro got its release date 8 months in advance so it fits the timeline. September makes a lot of sense, people expect From to ALWAYS stick to that q1 release but it wasnt always like that.

if there's nothing then there's no way this is coming out next year. e3 is the next big gaming event where gameplay + release date could be shown and there's no way this game is coming out within 6 months after that announcement half way through the year.

Again, i think late 2020 is still very viable as the game has been in developement for quite some time and from doesnt usually reveal so far in advance. The only time they did was with ds2 and the cause was dev problems. Lets hope thats not the case.

Nah if he did something was "implying" it won't be at The Game Awards but even that is not really certain.
This. people on here just swing too wildly from "CONFIRMED" to "DECONFIRMED AT TGA". If anything, I'd say it's telling that he posted on this thread as many times as he did, especially considering he rarely visits other threads that arent kojima or tga related. Geoff is never going to outright give you guys an answer and I dont think going into a thread knowing the implications and speculation only to then post a "dont blame me when the game isnt there" gif is very mature. Might aswell stay away from the thread.
ngl it'll be frustrating if there's nothing from ER at tga after those posts.

5ea9cd8d085ca4a7c6477d9c2d84d778.jpg

as a side note, here's a picture that was posted on 4ch a few days ago on an ER thread. Looks a lot like concept art for the final area in the ringed city but I've never seen it featured in any artist website plus the structure doesnt look that similar to the church of filianore (and yes, I know there's a big leap from concept art to ingame assets for that specific dlc so could be that).
Regardless of what it is, It sure looks like something I'd love to see featured in Elden Ring. The sense of scale, the vast and empty landscapes to travel across...

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
My guess is gonna be an early to mid-2020 release for this game. I think FromSoftware and Bandai Namco are just being extra secretive about the game like they sometimes can be. It would be a bit foolish to release in the Fall when there's always so much competition so I hope they don't do that.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
My guess is gonna be an early to mid-2020 release for this game. I think FromSoftware and Bandai Namco are just being extra secretive about the game like they sometimes can be. It would be a bit foolish to release in the Fall when there's always so much competition so I hope they don't do that.
I am thinking the months after the nextgen consoles release. Like spring 2021.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
It would be a bit foolish to release in the Fall when there's always so much competition so I hope they don't do that.
funny cause i think it'd be foolish to release early in the year when there's actual competition. I dont think 2020 fall games will have nothing to do on the ones coming out q1 2020

Oct 27, 2017

BotW 2 and Elden Ring in Fall 2020 would be awesome. GOTY battle.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
What worries me the most about the game is current gen console performance. Sekiro was pretty poor and FS have a history of sub-par performance - if this game is aiming to be cross-gen, then I fear playing this on a PS4 will be frustrating sloppy seconds.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it would be the usual FROM release cycle but it's probably later in the year, wouldn't even be surprised with late 2020.

Havel

Oct 25, 2017
The longer From work on this, the better. This has potential to surpass the first half of Dark Souls as Miyazaki's masterpiece, but not if the game is rushed out like DS1 and we get a mishandled, messy second half. Thinking about what DS1 could have been given another year of development time gives me the chills based on what Miyazaki originally had planned.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
What worries me the most about the game is current gen console performance. Sekiro was pretty poor and FS have a history of sub-par performance - if this game is aiming to be cross-gen, then I fear playing this on a PS4 will be frustrating sloppy seconds.

Sekiro runs better than Bloodborne tho, also after Fallen Order "pretty poor" label has a new champion.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
funny cause i think it'd be foolish to release early in the year when there's actual competition. I dont think 2020 fall games will have nothing to do on the ones coming out q1 2020

Def could happen, it still would be a highly anticipated release and sell well, but I feel like From will want to stick to their typical release structure.

Lawliet

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 9, 2019
If there's a reveal at TGA then we'll get a release date/period with the game coming out in late 2020. Sekiro got its release date 8 months in advance so it fits the timeline. September makes a lot of sense, people expect From to ALWAYS stick to that q1 release but it wasnt always like that.

if there's nothing then there's no way this is coming out next year. e3 is the next big gaming event where gameplay + release date could be shown and there's no way this game is coming out within 6 months after that announcement half way through the year.

Again, i think late 2020 is still very viable as the game has been in developement for quite some time and from doesnt usually reveal so far in advance. The only time they did was with ds2 and the cause was dev problems. Lets hope thats not the case.

This. people on here just swing too wildly from "CONFIRMED" to "DECONFIRMED AT TGA". If anything, I'd say it's telling that he posted on this thread as many times as he did, especially considering he rarely visits other threads that arent kojima or tga related. Geoff is never going to outright give you guys an answer and I dont think going into a thread knowing the implications and speculation only to then post a "dont blame me when the game isnt there" gif is very mature. Might aswell stay away from the thread.
ngl it'll be frustrating if there's nothing from ER at tga after those posts.

5ea9cd8d085ca4a7c6477d9c2d84d778.jpg

as a side note, here's a picture that was posted on 4ch a few days ago on an ER thread. Looks a lot like concept art for the final area in the ringed city but I've never seen it featured in any artist website plus the structure doesnt look that similar to the church of filianore (and yes, I know there's a big leap from concept art to ingame assets for that specific dlc so could be that).
Regardless of what it is, It sure looks like something I'd love to see featured in Elden Ring. The sense of scale, the vast and empty landscapes to travel across...
TbrY6Ja.png

Oct 25, 2017
The game taking longer to come out is fine, what is very unusual is them not showing anything else for this long after the E3 reveal. It may indicate that the different release cycle could be due to development issues, instead of just them wanting to take extra time to make it perfect.

Hell, Shadows Die Twice was teased with "wait for news in the following 12 months", and we got the full reveal the next E3 after the teaser at TGA. If Elden Ring doesn't get something similar to Sekiro's E3 reveal at TGA, I'll be a little worried. It may indicate that the long wait wasn't quite planned.

Unless the reveal was also earlier than they initially intended due to the leaks that no one believed.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Sekiro runs better than Bloodborne tho, also after Fallen Order "pretty poor" label has a new champion.
I can't agree in terms of playability. The core combat of Sekiro was directly effected by performance issues, it didn't really do that in BB other than some slowdown which was managable to me, it was very frustrating in Sekiro.

If ER plays more like Souls then hopeful it won't matter so much.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah unless they're remasters, FROM games have been running like dogshit on consoles this gen. Even BB that's locked on the Pro still suffer from unbearable framepacing issues.

Thankfully all their other stuff is on PC and runs great.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
If it were to release at 2021 I think I would have preferred it if From hadnt revealed it so soon. The only things giving me hope for a 2020 release is Jason's tweet and Omni's posts

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'd be pretty happy I'd this just launched alongside the new consoles to be honest. Can't think of a better launch game than that (for my tastes ofc).

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did we ever have a Fromsoft game getting no new info for an entire year after its announcement trailer? That would be crazy.
I still think it's oging to be at TGA.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
I can't agree in terms of playability. The core combat of Sekiro was directly effected by performance issues, it didn't really do that in BB other than some slowdown which was managable to me, it was very frustrating in Sekiro.

If ER plays more like Souls then hopeful it won't matter so much.

No once did I did in Sekiro due to performance issues.

It was a pretty technically competent and beautiful game.

But the"FS can't program" label has stuck so its pretty much never gonna go away no matter what they do.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
"We wanted to create a new dark fantasy action RPG full of things that we weren't able to do in the Dark Souls series." - Hidetaka Miyazaki

Miyazaki is talking about this kinda stuff I bet. Excited to see the new ideas that genius has come up with.

OOOOOHHHHHH Elden Ring!
293409-h1.jpg

Can't wait to see more Elden Ring armor sets too. Fromsoftware's art and designs are second to none.
c271a3b11ff34a477016a3e8f412a2d4.jpg

Last edited:

Heh

Dec 12, 2017
"We wanted to create a new dark fantasy action RPG full of things that we weren't able to do in the Dark Souls series." - Hidetaka Miyazaki

Miyazaki is talking about this kinda stuff I bet. Excited to see the new ideas that genius has come up with.

OOOOOHHHHHH Elden Ring!
293409-h1.jpg

Can't wait to see more Elden Ring armor sets too. Fromsoftware's art and designs are second to none.

Everytime I see this screenshot, I wish this version of the Ringed City was in the game.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if I should've got a PS4 Pro for Elden Ring. Am kind of hoping for a PC release like Sekiro... not sure if I want to play on a base PS4 lol.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
Ive been on amedia black put for this game so far ...

Is this "Open World"?
Based on the interview its "Fromsoft's take on an open world"but we've yet to understand what that means
So far we've got confirmation of big field areas (interconnected with more classic fromsoft level designed ones), horseriding traversal/combat and no living cities with multiple npcs

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Miyazaki alluded to the player being able to do "interesting side activities" besides combat, looking forward to seeing what that entails.

Status
Not open for further replies.