• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the reason why Sekiro was at TGA was because the publisher was Activision, I'll be surprised if it's their with Bamco.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Considering that this is a new IP and that the new consoles are just around the corner, it would make sense for this game to be cross-gen in the hope to catch as wide of an audience as possible. That was key to Elder Scrolls becoming the juggernaut it is today (when they launched Oblivion in the launch window of the 360).

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Cool, can't wait for TGA

People are hoping Keighley can pull it off

ZopRb2nEOu9UUyQTjqtCsGc9obQISOMetYmkwa3-_YA.jpg

Megamind.

Nov 18, 2019
So what's the possibility this I'd cross gen? I would think very high. We just had a CGI teaser trailer and nothing released after yet. Unlike bloodborne where it had a CGI teaser trailer then gameplay at gamescom the same year.

Is this confirmed for next year by the way or is that just speculation? Any platforms confirmed?

Also this is confirmed to be a proper open world correct? Not the souls type connected world design

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone help me find a video of the reveal of Dark Souls 2 at the 2012 VGAs? Not just the trailer, but the bit before with Jessica Alba presenting. I can't find any video on youtube that shows Alba.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I feel like the gap between DS 3/BB base games and their DLCs was pretty long though. Certainly much longer than something like Spider-Man which has DLC out within a couple months

DS3 and Bloodborne both came out in March, 2016 and 15, respectively. So did Sekiro.

Ashes of Ariandel launched in October 2016, and Old Hunters was released in November 2015. And they were announced months in advance.

There's few people who'd like a Sekiro DLC more than me. But we have to let go. That ship sailed. It breaks my heart, but so it is.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Hanbei the Undying manga was Sekiro DLC all along. And speaking of it the translation for this month's chapter is later than usual 😞

Oct 25, 2017
At least with Namco we won't have to hope for DLC. The Season Pass will be available to preorder along with the game, the moment the Steam page goes up, lmao.

If there's no Season Pass, then there will be no DLC, simple as that.

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully there will be a Sekiro 2.

I can think of at least 3 story hooks from where they could easily do a second game (from 2 endings or a prequel with Takeru, Tomoe etc.).

Sadly, it seems Mr Miyazaki has moved on.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
At least with Namco we won't have to hope for DLC. The Season Pass will be available to preorder along with the game, the moment the Steam page goes up, lmao.

If there's no Season Pass, then there will be no DLC, simple as that.

did Dark Souls 3's season pass was announced with the game? i can't remember!

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
Sadly, it seems Mr Miyazaki has moved on.
???????????
There's literally no reason to believe he has moved on. Not that it matters anyway cause a sekiro sequel could exist without him, we really need to move past thinking that miyazaki is the end all be all.
They are currently working on elden ring (which seems to be taking a lot of their resources) and armored core. Even if sekiro2 was in pre-production we wouldnt know about it until 2021 at least. I really dont get what you mean.

Ig anything I'd say sekiro is very likely to get a sequel, in part because its their fastest selling ip and because its an IP they themselves own, not activision, so they dont really need the greenlight to work on it. I'd also argue that it might have been lest costly than something like ds3 or ER.
Additionally, they created a lot of unique systems that they'll want to reuse in more sequels (climbing, grappling hook, stealth, the entire combat system...). From is known to reuse assets like that and there's no way they are showing up in ER, not the ones that made sekiro unique, so our best bet is that they'll go into the possible sekiro sequel.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
???????????
There's literally no reason to believe he has moved on. Not that it matters anyway cause a sekiro sequel could exist without him, we really need to move past thinking that miyazaki is the end all be all.
They are currently working on elden ring (which seems to be taking a lot of their resources) and armored core. Even if sekiro2 was in pre-production we wouldnt know about it until 2021 at least. I really dont get what you mean.

Ig anything I'd say sekiro is very likely to get a sequel, in part because its their fastest selling ip and because its an IP they themselves own, not activision, so they dont really need the greenlight to work on it. I'd also argue that it might have been lest costly than something like ds3 or ER.
Additionally, they created a lot of unique systems that they'll want to reuse in more sequels (climbing, grappling hook, stealth, the entire combat system...). From is known to reuse assets like that and there's no way they are showing up in ER, not the ones that made sekiro unique, so our best bet is that they'll go into the possible sekiro sequel.
Aromored Core? What. How do you know this?

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Miyazaki said so himself in an interview ages ago
Omni straight up confirmed it back in 2018 pre-e3. Said developement was going smooth but still in early stages.
You also have some miyazaki interviews from around that time where he hinted at armored core and fromsoft confirming that they had plans for the Ip
Super interested. I wonder if it'll be a next gen game at this point? I wonder how they'll approach the gameplay. Imagine it has Sekiro's gameplay lmao

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
Super interested. I wonder if it'll be a next gen game at this point? I wonder how they'll approach the gameplay. Imagine it has Sekiro's gameplay lmao
Has to be nextgen at this point. The game is not coming out the same year Elden Ring is so 2021 at best
And no, current fromsoft wants to keep their IPs distinct enough. Elden ring will be an evolution of souls, sekiro sequels will have sekiro systems and armored core will have something of its own. Wouldnt really make sense otherways. (Not claiming that I know anything you guys dont, its just crazy to expect AC to have sekiro mechanics... as crazy as it is to expect elden ring to have a grappling hook )

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has to be nextgen at this point. The game is not coming out the same year Elden Ring is so 2021 at best
And no, current fromsoft wants to keep their IPs distinct enough. Elden ring will be an evolution of souls, sekiro will have its own systems and so will armored core. Wouldnt really make sense otherways.
I know I'm just messing around. I wouldn't want AC to evolve based on its own mechanics. Just give me another messed up AC story

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
It'll be interesting to see how they tackle areas now that they are designed with the open world in mind. Areas like Darkroot basin no longer designed with narrow stretches, and loops. Elden Ring's areas being much more open, and vast as Miyazaki described, ripe for exploration. Opens up so many potentially interesting combat situations as well.

EKjbMnWU8AAQS1a
EKgxJYtXkAEbRCA

Miyazaki saying the NPC's in Elden Ring are the most compelling one's they've done yet.

EKtUbWRXkAM2JPk

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Elden Ring's areas being much more open, and vast as Miyazaki described, ripe for exploration. Opens up so many potentially interesting combat situations as well.
I got a bet going with a friend that ER will at least have one huge roaming boss in the open field that isn't restricted by a fog gate.
Keep your heartbeats in check, there is also a new Bandai Dragonball game around.
Yup and a brand new Tales game.

Oct 29, 2017
It'll be interesting to see how they tackle areas now that they are designed with the open world in mind. Areas like Darkroot basin no longer designed with narrow stretches, and loops. Elden Ring's areas being much more open, and vast as Miyazaki described, ripe for exploration. Opens up so many potentially interesting combat situations as well.

EKjbMnWU8AAQS1a
EKgxJYtXkAEbRCA

Miyazaki saying the NPC's in Elden Ring are the most compelling one's they've done yet.

EKtUbWRXkAM2JPk

WOW can I please get a source for this artwork. Amazing stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.