• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I really appreciate the warm welcome but also guys, I'm not hinting at anything and please don't take my silence as confirmation of anything. Again in the interest of transparency, I don't want to be asked about TGA because I can't talk about it and that's really all there is to it. Didn't want to get anyones hopes up that when I came back that I'd immediately get back into teasing and that is not going to be the case right now. And again originally I wasn't going to come back til the very end of the year. The reason I came back now is because the reason for my absence (which is first and foremost personal) has pretty much sorted itself out.

Will there be a time for more Omni involved ER discussion? Perhaps, but that time isn't right now.

AAFCC

Dec 2, 2019
I really appreciate the warm welcome but also guys, I'm not hinting at anything and please don't take my silence as confirmation of anything. Again in the interest of transparency, I don't want to be asked about TGA because I can't talk about it and that's really all there is to it. Didn't want to get anyones hopes up that when I came back that I'd immediately get back into teasing and that is not going to be the case right now. And again originally I wasn't going to come back til the very end of the year. The reason I came back now is because the reason for my absence (which is first and foremost personal) has pretty much sorted itself out.

Will there be a time for more Omni involved ER discussion? Perhaps, but that time isn't right now.
Yeah I can understand you Omni , but you know ... we are desperate by the lack of infos on Elden Ring and you are our only reliable source in this moments of darkness... so its inevitable that anything you say we examine it and try to read into it more than you actually mean ... for example now I suppose will born 50 posts on reddit saying " Omnipotent said to not get our hopes up, our dreams shattered!" ... I can understand your difficult position, you are like the Pope in our Elden Ring church , we hang on your words !

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Welcome back, omni. Good to have you here again.

The info will come when it comes. I enjoyed the hell out of Sekiro, it was my first From game and it's my GOTY, but patience is a virtue, and the best devs are those who take the time to polish tehir games no matter how much their rabid fans may howl in anticipation.

Baloota

May 12, 2018
Egypt
Am i the only one who thinks ER will show up at TGA and Geoff's gif means that we will riot for more? Not because it didn't show up.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
Am i the only one who thinks ER will show up at TGA and Geoff's gif means that we will riot for more? Not because it didn't show up.
team tga, had a rant abt it on page 74
literally the only thing keeping many of you from expecting it to be shown is that gif geoff posted, mind you, something that might as well be him just trolling as we've already discussed
whereas on the other hand, there are many, MANY reasons to believe the game is far into developement and will be getting a trailer very soon
  • Game is likely to come out 2020
    • From rarely announces games so far in advance, and when they did(ds2) the game was likely delayed due to developement problems
    • game is set to be released on current gen, which isnt something they'd go for if they knew they would launch it far into 2021
    • Has already been in developement for 3 years already
    • Feels like Omni wouldnt have given us that many clues about it if it was still so far from release
  • DS3, BB and sekiro got their respective release dates announced 6-8 months in advance
  • The big gaming events where elden ring gameplay + release date could be revealed are TGA/E3/Next gen consoles reveal events (if they even happen)
  • e3 is already half way through the year, so for it'd have a smaller than usual promo cycle for to be released in 2020
  • console reveal events happened q1 for last gen so it'd still work with a 2020 release, problem is that those events focused almost exclusively on next gen games and exclusives. Not saying it'll be the same this next time, but then again, we're not even sure if they'll happen
Again, it feels to me like there's only 1 thing keeping many of you from getting excited for a tga reveal, while there are many many others that make it seem quite possible.Im not trying to get you on my hype train, I know it hurts a lot when the event takes place and there's no reveal, but I believe I have some good reasons to expect something.
And for the Nth time, i just think its weird that he keeps posting on this thread whitout people even using his @ when there are literally dozen other threads with people asking him for hints that he's ignoring. He's mostly set on tga and death stranding related threads.

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017

Welcome back. :)

Carcosan Stag

Oct 25, 2017
R'lyeh

I mostly lurk in this thread, but happy to see you back Omni. I hope people here don't badger you about info going forward. We all should be able to get hyped together regardless. :)

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

It's just the nature of things man. If there's something that can't be talked about because it is or isn't real, there's nothing you can really do. We're just left up to guess based on what we do or don't know. It's no comment on you.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
MS presser was pretty much the only place it could show up during E3. Sony skipped E3 this year.

Been looking into some high fantasy art on Artstation and damn so much talent. I know people love the super dark, grey and gritty FROM environments but I hope this game has some bright and colorful tones to it as well.

Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo was so refreshing and beautiful.

Sekiro_30.jpg

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR

Welcome back. I guess that's all until the time is right. ⏳

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Omni is back! welcome back Onmi! I just realized until today! Hope you aren't getting harassed for info too much

I guess I should follow this thread because news have been really scarce about this game.

Honestly, I find refreshing to see few info about it after the initial leak, makes the project a bit more mysterious

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Cant believe I missed this, welcome back!

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
I'm super excited to see how From Software will handle an open world game, it'll be amazing I'm sure.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Diablo IV is also there and I don't think we're gonna see it.

As Geoff said, it is not indication but I still expect Elden Ring to show up lol

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Wouldn't mind if Elden Ring wasn't there, but they showed off Sekiro DLC.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
good montage, but yeah there are a lot of games there that I don't see being in TGA, like.. all blizzard, and that thing had a lot of blizzard... it's kind of weird that it has so much of it

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
Geoff dont play with my feelings
Wouldn't mind if Elden Ring wasn't there, but they showed off Sekiro DLC.
Sekiro is not getting any DLC. I'd say chances for a sequel are pretty high tho
good montage, but yeah there are a lot of games there that I don't see being in TGA, like.. all blizzard, and that thing had a lot of blizzard... it's kind of weird that it has so much of it
Maybe activision paid to have more representation in the trailer? I'd say there's also a LOT of sekiro and cod...Dont really see how they'd care about a very small trailer for an event taking place so soon

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Man, this is some fucked up viewer baiting if it doesn't end up being there. That and his other comments in this thread.

Yeah. Normally I would say this is a nice tease,but after last year's worlds will change moto where nothing changed,I would say he js chasing those viewers in every way.

Nonetheless,I think Elden Ring will be either at State of Play or TGA,because

1) From never announces games super early,meaning they were aiming certain dates for new trailers/info and Im sure 1 year gap is not the way to go.

2) Omnipotent is organizing a community OT after new years eve and creating this new thread over 0 info sounds absurd.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
maybe it's because Omni genuinely cares about the community and wants to do something nice and helpful no?

Caring doesnt mean that timing doesnt play a role. There are already established OTs for the released games and discussing about present and future of FROM games without a good kickstart of future project info is a bit deaf imo.

We ll see...

Aug 26, 2019
Unfortunately, it appears that GRRM's influence has affected From a bit too much. Expect Elden Ring to release "next summer" for the next 5-6 years or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.