• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Current topics I've got are:
Fantasy & Inspirations/From approach:
World Design in gameplay
World Design in lore
Dark Souls Retrospective

Again, I'm not going to rundown the exact details of ER of above, but the idea is to talk about these topics in a sort of broad sense and then talk about how they relate to Elden Ring and my original post's relevance to said topics, perhaps also giving people some things to check out and spend their time on while they wait for Elden Ring gameplay or for game to release. The Dark Souls Retrospective is just my personal thoughts on each dark souls game, what I liked, what I didn't like, etc then everyone else could do the same. Figured it would be interesting to do given that DS is sort of a jumping off point for ER, so we could look back a bit before we move forward.

Not sure exactly when this will start. I've written a good chunk of stuff already but I've still got lots to go and I'd like to have these things ready in advance so I don't feel like im scrambling to write and release a topic each week As for a reference on size/depth, some of the unfinished stuff I've already written is up to like 5+ word doc pages for singular topics so it's not like a boring paragraph a week.
Great topics, this all sounds meaty and great.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I'll also try to stomp out some fears and concerns while I'm here and say a lot of this speculation is a bit premature as well as unreasonable. I understand the frustration and desperation as I wish we were all talking about gameplay and lore theory crafting but game development is a long and complicated process from project inception to release and beyond, there's a lot of moving parts happening at once.
I don't really know how much I can say but the reason the game hasn't been shown is pretty mundane and has nothing to do with development problems.
From obviously wants to show you their game, plenty of people are working hard on it, every day, pouring their souls into getting it out to you in a good state and at a decent time. Can't really make any promises right now but I'd say it might be worth your while to have a little faith in From to deliver as well as a bit more patience. Because I can promise you that they're working on it.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
No idea if that person is legit, but what is that "original gameplay leak" he is referring to? There were lot of leaks prior to e3 and after, but pretty much all of them were fake

He could be referring to the leak that leaked GRRM involvement in the game, it also had some gameplay details. The details being that it was an open world game, where you could go the several kingdoms in any order you desire. Each kingdom had a sort of ruler (prince, king etc), and once you defeated them, you "steal" their ability.

Maybe these characters represent different kingdoms? One of them looks like a ruler himself

elden-ring-3840x2160-e3-2019-screenshot-4k-21729.jpg
66193_10_elden-ring-open-world-heavy-emphasis-rpg-elements.png
elden-ring.jpg

NIV093

May 31, 2019
No idea if that person is legit, but what is that "original gameplay leak" he is referring to? There were lot of leaks prior to e3 and after, but pretty much all of them were fake
I think it's referring to the leak from Spawnwave in March about horseback riding and stealing abilities from different rulers of kingdoms. This was the leak that also talked about GRRM being involved .

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
Im so glad Omnipotent will be part of this or a community thread now.

Guess I'll have to replay Bloodborne for the 50th time...

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was a bittersweet night, but I am so happy that Miyazaki and From Software finally received the spotlight they've earned since Dark Souls. :)

Res

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I skipped over that one for some reason. forgot those details were a part of the grrm leak

Baloota

May 12, 2018
Egypt
I'll also try to stomp out some fears and concerns while I'm here and say a lot of this speculation is a bit premature as well as unreasonable. I understand the frustration and desperation as I wish we were all talking about gameplay and lore theory crafting but game development is a long and complicated process from project inception to release and beyond, there's a lot of moving parts happening at once.
I don't really know how much I can say but the reason the game hasn't been shown is pretty mundane and has nothing to do with development problems.
From obviously wants to show you their game, plenty of people are working hard on it, every day, pouring their souls into getting it out to you in a good state and at a decent time. Can't really make any promises right now but I'd say it might be worth your while to have a little faith in From to deliver as well as a bit more patience. Because I can promise you that they're working on it.
Well, at least the development is going well. I trust From.

I'm also very proud of From winning GOTY. Well deserved Sekiro.

Fullmetallad

Jun 1, 2019
that's good to hear

May 24, 2019
it's good to hear that there aren't development issues - the protracted silence after E3 and their statements about it being the biggest game they've worked on yet had me worried that maybe they were getting struck with the ol' analysis paralysis.

i trust From to deliver, and i would rather they deliver a better product later than rush it and compromise its quality in the process

AAFCC

Dec 2, 2019
Is there any event before E3 where it can appear ? Maybe around February so it can still be a ps4 title launching in October

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is looking more and more like cross-gen, huh? Fine with me!

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I hope they just save this for next gen, please no fucking Dark Souls II scenario where the game development is a mess because of last gen consoles.

Henry.Swanson

Jan 27, 2018
Imagine firing up a shiny new console and the first game you play to demonstrate the power of the thing is a fromsoft/grr-martin collab. Amazing.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
Yeah, at this point, I'll get it for next gen consoles. Both are BC anyways and if from uses dynamic res and framerate, the new consoles should be able to brute force much better performance than ps4/xbox one.

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
As excited as I am, and want it as soon as possible, I kinda hope it's just a full blown next-gen game.

I have complete faith in Fromsoftware and will wait patiently until it's ready.

Mar 11, 2019
If they intended to release the game in the first half of 2020 (March-June) then now would have been the latest good opportunity before 2020 to show it to a large public, also to put up pre-order page on the PS and Xbox stores.

"pretty mundane" seem to mean not showing it has nothing to do with delaying it for a next gen release (which I was kind of hoping for) and thus showing it at the PS5 event. Although not showing anything as time goes on seems to bring the release window further back, and I dont think releasing a current-gen game in holiday 2020 is a good idea.

AAFCC

Dec 2, 2019
Current topics I've got are:
Fantasy & Inspirations/From approach:
World Design in gameplay
World Design in lore
Dark Souls Retrospective

Again, I'm not going to rundown the exact details of ER of above, but the idea is to talk about these topics in a sort of broad sense and then talk about how they relate to Elden Ring and my original post's relevance to said topics, perhaps also giving people some things to check out and spend their time on while they wait for Elden Ring gameplay or for game to release. The Dark Souls Retrospective is just my personal thoughts on each dark souls game, what I liked, what I didn't like, etc then everyone else could do the same. Figured it would be interesting to do given that DS is sort of a jumping off point for ER, so we could look back a bit before we move forward.

Not sure exactly when this will start. I've written a good chunk of stuff already but I've still got lots to go and I'd like to have these things ready in advance so I don't feel like im scrambling to write and release a topic each week As for a reference on size/depth, some of the unfinished stuff I've already written is up to like 5+ word doc pages for singular topics so it's not like a boring paragraph a week.
I would like to discuss about the creatures in the game . If it will be more like usual fromsoft with many humanoid mobs or if there will be more high fantasy creatures like trolls, orcs, werewolves, goblins, dragons ,water monsters, walking trees, demons... Or , as speculated before, with creatures taken from some cultures like gaelic/celtic ( hags, faeries, pixies...)... Or horror-like stuff like bloodborne ..... I hope for a mix of them all : Humanoid enemies/ knights in castles with giant humanoid bosses who are the rulers of their realms. ( bosses like Artorias, Gael, Pontiff etc) while , in the open world( including sea/lakes) you can find all kinds of fantasy creatures ( hostile and not) roaming the world and changing positions. Also , every different area/zone should have a different bestiary to make you feel like you really changed realm/zone. First Dark souls had something like 80 different enemies ( not counting bosses) so I hope to find at least this amount of creatures

dosh

Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit disheartening that you have to make such a post in the first place. Of course they're working on their game, and of course they want to show it.

I'm as excited as everybody to see gameplay, but if they need time, well, let them have as much time as they want. It's the next big FROM game, it's going to be glorious.

Guildenstern

Oct 29, 2017
Good luck for the 'community OT' Omnipotent , you will have to evaluate every word and try to avoid any misunderstanding. Omni you know you're checked, right ?!

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Well, thanks Geoff for posting here without any reasons. The show was pretty bad for me, nothing interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.