• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Hah, I called this. Well, I thought it would be announced and released in the same day, but close enough.

Maybe with this update my game will stop crashing every 5 minutes.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Looks cool, but I couldn't care less about PVP in Elden Ring. Happy for those who do, because I'm sure this will be absolute chaos.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty cool. I wonder if you can specify what type of mode you want to participate in.

May 26, 2018
about-time-star-craft.gif

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
butt hurt this isn't console crossplay so I can trio up with my friends on ps5

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Well, let's see if this fares better than all the previous "No stakes arenas" from the Souls games.

Might help that this time it's a free update with highly accessible locations (That practically bait the player in) for once though, rather than part of a DLC and hidden away in some esoteric location you need a guide to get to.

Redhood

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they are releasing this info for a bigger info drop for PAID DLC at the GTA.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Will this patch make it so you can invade 1v1 instead of having to invade versus partied up players? 😬

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Its great seeing all the different weapons and abilities. I played the entire game spamming bloody slash. Was a good time.

Carankan

One Winged Slayer
Dec 22, 2017
If news of an expansion were imminent, it seems strange to me that they would post this by itself. Feels like an ill omen but obviously, anything is possible.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Free!? Fucking based FromSoftware.

I feel like this confirms no announcement at the game awards for a story DLC, but there definitely HAS to be one in the making. There's no way there isnt with the success this game has had.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Ah I thought there is also some kind of a wave mob bloody palace type thing. It was just the summons from each side.

Also, this allowing summons is something new to pvp right? that kinda sounds awesome.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this doesn't mean the real DLC is even further off. Free is nice but I need some real content, not botmatches against dickheads.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Elden Ring PvP imo is the weakest in the series, so I wish this got me more excited than it does. Free content is great though, can't argue with that.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
For a game (series) so notorious for bad p2p connections and cheaters, online pvp arena sounds like a blast!

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I usually put hundreds of hours of time inro FromSoft PVP, but idk, Elden Ring had far too much fuckery and just never felt fun. Winning and losing never felt like a matter of skill, just who had more or the most powerful "win button" moves at their disposal.