• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
"Open world"

And I'm out.
My takeaway is that it doesn't sound like a typical open world
If I were to put aside the world full of fresh stimulus thanks to our collaboration with Mr. Martin, I would have to say the biggest difference is it being open world. Due to this, the scale of the world and its narrative, as well as the depth and freedom of exploration have increased dramatically. It is without a doubt our biggest title yet in terms of sheer volume. There are many definitions to the term "open world," and I might not be phrasing it correctly, but we have simply tried our own approach to a game with a large, open field to play in.

It is a world full of danger and threats, as well as many areas ripe for exploration. Among those areas, you will also find intricately designed, multi-layered castles and such.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Now we are talking,this is the type of info I wanted to "see" in the trailer and didn't. I hope for more interviews in the coming days from Miyazaki or his co-workers

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Still people saying they forgive From for Sekiro like it was some sort of trash game. I just can't understand.
Yeah, I need to remind myself to not read this forum so much, or ignore people...this shit is bonkers. This and the absolutely stupid comments coming fresh off the new trailer.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
That's everything I wanted to hear. I didn't really like Sekiro and was always put off by the non-existing RPG elements beforehand.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Oh. I think this will be great. A Dark Souls + open world + good story, i expect this to be perfection!

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Considering how much George loves Lovecraft I think Bloodborne fans will be happy with this world.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
this might be my most anticipated game ever!...sounds epic...GRRM and Miyazaki is a dream pairing

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten into playing a Sorcerer in these games lately and it's a lot more fun than I expected. Intense in its own distinct way from melee.

Curious to see if it'll function largely like Souls or have some slight (but important) twists.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
W: Do you believe this title will turn out to be a very From-like and challenging game?
M:
Yes, I do. The importance we place on the joy the player experiences through overcoming challenges will be the same as it is in our other titles. I believe it will prove to be a very satisfying experience. Earlier I had said that this title focuses more heavily on RPG elements. This title will include a wide variety of weapons, magic, and ways to engage enemies, that make it possible to provide users with a style of gameplay and strategy that suits them. Even when compared to the Dark Souls series, I believe this title will provide even more variety in the ways for players to overcome challenges and tweak their tactics when facing enemies.
Good, very good. The more challenging the better.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me of when I got all excited about Silent Hills. It was a too good to be true collaboration. Please, universe, don't ruin this with your BS.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There is plenty more to be hyped for, I promise.
GOAT incoming
I just want to thank you again. I would have been more irritable than usual had the trailer been the only thing we got out of the conference but your post gave us plenty without giving anything super specific away to think about for months. Really appreciate it.

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
Still people saying they forgive From for Sekiro like it was some sort of trash game. I just can't understand.
giphy.gif

There is a funny idiom in my hometown where certain people during lunch/dinner etc... will always ask for a certain item or else they won't eat aka acting like choosing beggars.

Its like people can't handle new stuff and just want the same. Sekiro is a damn fine action game, and addicting may I add. If its not your cup of tea that is fine, but jesus people need to stahp acting like its a mistake, the world doesn't revolve around you and FROM clearly knows that.

They lead rather than follow

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Glad we didn't have to wait long on some confirmations on gameplay and structure. I really enjoy hearing how Martin got involved. This could be a very very special game.

CobaltBlu

Nov 29, 2017
This interview is going to make a lot of people happy. Nice split having action focused Sekiro and a more rpg focused follow up to keep people satisfied.

Kokoro

Jan 23, 2019
France
Sounds exciting! Happy to know it's more RPG than Sekiro and there is character creation. I liked Sekiro but I prefer the Souls formula. Nice interview.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that they are emphasizing role playing elements means that people will probably be able to out-gear and out-level difficulty...I think people will be fine with it not having easy mode. Also...there will probably be coop too, I bet

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Really looking forward to this. So the reason that the door doesn't open from this side is that someone will be holding it.